Curlformers - Extra long & extra wide

RUBY

I ordered the Curlformers kit in the new size larger size Extra long and extra wide

http://www.curlformers.com/styling-kit-barrel-curls.htm

When I received them I noticed that the styling hooks inside were the normal classic size and not the super long hooks which I assumed they would be as the Curlformers are the larger ones (for hair up to 24" / 60cm).

If anyone else has this kit, what size were the styling hooks inside?

I've talked to the people at Haiflair and they are giving me conflicting stories and are being quite rude.

Lilmama1011

I have nothing to add but that's why some people don't like ordering online. They are being rude when you paid your money. I would send it back but would be scared I won't get my money back

RUBY

I paid goo money and ordered several items and from what I've just experienced their customer service is bad. My enquire is straight forward, not brain surgery and the way they have treated me, I won't ever be buying from them again.

The curlformers website doesn't have the information I need on it and their customer service is surprisingly unknowledgeable about their products, tedious and rude (I've rung 3 times today) and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Amarilles

I have 2 kits of their Super Long & Wide (hair up to 29") and both kits indeed came with 2 extra long hooks. Not sure about the barrel ones though.

I remember I returned the first kit I purchased and I got my money back. Had to be returned within a certain time frame so don't waste too much time with them if they refuse to help and send it back.

Honi

There is no board.
I have two kits of the extra long and wide and they were not long enough for waist length hair. The hooks are long enough (two pieces you have to put together).

My set is sitting under the sink. :cry:

RUBY

I have two kits of the extra long and wide and they were not long enough for waist length hair. The hooks are long enough (two pieces you have to put together).

My set is sitting under the sink. :cry:

It sounds like the kits you have are not the largest size.
The ones I have are the EXTRA LONG AND EXTRA WIDE for barrel curls. I think they are long enough for waist length hair.

I just need to know if they are supposed to have super long hooks in the kit or if they come with the classic size hooks.

I've tried looking at youtube and blogs but the people who have the kit don't spend anytime showing the actual hook, so I can't see the size of it.

liteskinshowdy

that sucks! I just ordered their soft hooded hair dryer - had no problems. I did want to purchase the new size curlformers but not if they are sending the wrong hook! Hope you get it straight.

tatiana

I used the EXTRA LONG AND EXTRA WIDE barrel curlformers with the standard hook with no problems. I do not think they even make a different size hook.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I don't think they have extra long hooks. I have extra long and wide curlformers and the hooks are about 14.5in long. Sorry tried to get a good pic...

ForumRunner_20140923_102132.jpg

Eta- never mind you said extra long and extra wide. No I have extra long and wide sorry.

Last edited:

RUBY

I used the EXTRA LONG AND EXTRA WIDE barrel curlformers with the standard hook with no problems. I do not think they even make a different size hook.

tatiana
Did you get the EXTRA LONG AND EXTRA WIDE kit?
Did it come with the standard size hooks inside?

Curlformers do make a superlong hook.

tatiana

RUBY

I misspoke. I tried LONG AND EXTRA WIDE curlformers. No, I did not buy the kit, I brought them separate.

I did not realize they have two different hooks. When I brought the kit for the pink and orange, I brought it at Sallys and it came with two ends with a hook. So you might have had the same issue in you brought it in a store.

I would go to Sallys to see if they have the extra long hook.

But after reading the website, I think the super long hook goes with the super long spiral curls curlformers (up to 29"). The EXTRA LONG AND EXTRA WIDE curlformers go up to 24". I would try using what I got before venturing off to Sallys.

Amarilles

The longer hook is around 19". I think people don't comment on the size in reviews because they may not realize there's a shorter/longer version unless they've owned a kit with each size.

Attachments

• IMG_201409231586.jpg
    IMG_201409231586.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 16

RUBY

The longer hook is around 19". I think people don't comment on the size in reviews because they may not realize there's a shorter/longer version unless they've owned a kit with each size.

Yes, that's the hook I'm talking about.

I have the super long and extra long corkscrew kits and they both come with the super long hook. Therefore I presumed that the extra long and extra wide kit would come with the super long kit too, especially as it's longer in length than the corkscrew kit.

I'll wait till tomorrow, as I didn't hear back from customer services today. The whole thingies seriously pissing me off. #angryannoyed&frustrated.

civic4800

I have th extra long and extra wide kit and the 2 hooks that were included are what I consider "regular" sized. I've purchased hooks before from Sally's and the hooks that were included with the kit are the same size. I didn't even know that they made super long hooks. I'd be interested to hear the response from customer service.

RUBY

I have th extra long and extra wide kit and the 2 hooks that were included are what I consider "regular" sized. I've purchased hooks before from Sally's and the hooks that were included with the kit are the same size. I didn't even know that they made super long hooks. I'd be interested to hear the response from customer service.

Thanks, civic4800, it seems that there are very few people who actually have that specific kit so your answer was very helpful.

I still haven't heard back and don't think I will.
What really confused things was when I was left a message on my phone saying that that the kit should come with super long hooks. So if that was the case why have the kits I received contained the regular sized hooks.

civic4800

Thanks, @civic4800, it seems that there are very few people who actually have that specific kit so your answer was very helpful.

I still haven't heard back and don't think I will.
What really confused things was when I was left a message on my phone saying that that the kit should come with super long hooks. So if that was the case why have the kits I received contained the regular sized hooks.

Have you heard back from customer service? I used the kit for the first time last Friday and indeed the hooks are too short so I contacted customer service and received the below response:

Thank you for contacting www.curlformers.com!

We are sorry your Styling Hooks are too short and we will put two super long Hooks in the post to you.

We'll see if they arrive in the mail!