Hits & Misses September 2014

NaturallyATLPCH

Hits:

APB Ayurvedic Oil mixed with water for a refresher spray
I love this combo better than the APB leave in

My twist bun holding up for the second week, even through my birthday festivities :lol:

Being over long hair. I can't wait to cut and color this baby.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hits:

APB Ayurvedic Oil mixed with water for a refresher spray
I love this combo better than the APB leave in

My twist bun holding up for the second week, even through my birthday festivities :lol:

Being over long hair. I can't wait to cut and color this baby.

What's wrong? Why are you cutting and/over it?

TrulyBlessed

Hits:
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and Conditioner! I recommend these products for volumizing fine hair and removing buildup. The cool tingling sensation is quite nice too.

NaturallyATLPCH

What's wrong? Why are you cutting and/over it?

Well MileHighDiva, I just like short layered/chic styles. Plus I workout 5 days a week and keeping it in this bun all the time is just boring.

It's so funny because every time my hair would get past shoulder length relaxed I'd cut it. Plus I'm really loving tapered natural styles. I want something where I can keep my hair longer in the top but short on the sides and back where I sweat the most.

bronzephoenix

Hit:

GHE method! Who knew a simple plastic cap over dry hair at night could REVOLUTIONIZE my moisture game?! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

veesweets

Hits:
BASK palm tapioca
Purabody murumuru milk
Aloe Vera gel
Eco styler argan oil gel
APB hair tonic

Applying less moisturizer under whatever gel I use during the week. My braid outs are actually less frizzy and they hold up a lot better throughout the day. But my hair still feels moisturized. It's great.

Miss:
Finding a couple splits from my last blow dry..will not be blow drying at 2am anymore

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
A MISS for me that may be a HIT for someone else: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler This stuff made my hair TOO soft to the point that my twistouts would not hold, no matter how much gel I used. So this product would be good for someone with seriously dry hair.

@ gimbap thank you for this review! I went out and bought this because I'm about a little over 4 months post relaxer and my new growth is very tightly coiled and tangles like nobody's business and gets extremely dry. I used it 3 days ago and my new growth is still soft. Next time I will use it on damp hair as opposed to dry because it did feel a bit sticky, but otherwise it's a hit.

Healthb4Length

Mega Hits!!!

Nunaat Brazilian Keratin Intensive hair mask mixed with Keracare moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair and Shea Moisture Smooth & Repair nourishing mask as a deep treatment with heat for 50 minutes. OMG! I was having a hair moment. My hair felt so soft, easy to detangle, strong was smooth and buttery!!! One of the Best combo I've tried in a long time. I lost very little hair detangling. Nunaat keratin is amazing! I'm surprised no one talks about it much on here! Even sweeter is I got it in the clearance bin for $2!!!

Keracare strengthening thermal protector- another amazing hit! I was skeptical but I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought some at $20 for a small bottle. This thing right here man!?!! made my blow dry smooth, silky and straight! It further facilitated in detangling! I've never had smooth, moist feeling hair AFTER blow drying. NEVER! I've never blow dried my hair and not have hair all over the bathroom floor or hair that felt crispy! I came close with Nioxin Thermal Bliss but that's hard to find these days.

Denman paddle brush- I've had this thing for years and years but didn't know how to use it. It would snag my hair and rip out too much hair. I was using it totally wrong! This brush is great for detangling and blow drying. It really stretches out the hair and I was able to do larger sections. And I didn't lose a bunch of hair, I checked my brush and it had shed hair only not little pieces of broken hair all over the place.

Reneices Blow dry/modified tension blow dry-- this was an awesome experience, my best blow out to date. This worked way better than just a tension blow dry for me. In he past tension blow dry were a waste of time, it minimally stretched my hair but I still had tons of tangles afterwards. With Reneices method and the paddle brush, I avoided all the things she mentioned in her video about tangled ends and bushy ends. I tried with the denman volumining brush but believe it or not I was losing way too much hair with that compared to my paddle brush. It's all about the technique. This gives me hope that I can straighten my natural hair at home with minimal breakage and can have close to salon results! I'm not gonna lie the blow dry took forever

NaturallyATLPCH

Okay, so I used Curl Junkie Curl Rehab again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It still performed stellar, so it's a hit.

Curl Rehab as a leave in? Hit! Too bad this Curl Mart sale came in between pay days or else I'd get a few jars.

It is definitely a staple for me.

Joigirl

Okay, so I used Curl Junkie Curl Rehab again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It still performed stellar, so it's a hit. Curl Rehab as a leave in? Hit! Too bad this Curl Mart sale came in between pay days or else I'd get a few jars. It is definitely a staple for me.

I love curl rehab. I haven't used it as a leavein yet. Got to try that.

EnExitStageLeft

Revisited Hits:

KomazaCare Protein Hair Strengthener. :up:
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk :up::up::up:
Hempseed Oil...Smoothing Goodness! :love:

HIT!:

Redken Cleansing Cream :up:.....So good had to 'HIT' it twice :lachen:!

Potential Hit:

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo....The force is VERY strong with this one. I actually threw out my CON Argan Shampoo after using it. Its THAT serious. Thanks Saludable84 for the heads up :)

Mega Hit:

WIGGING!- Its only been 3 weeks and I can already see that I'm going to be a wig lover :yep:

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
Bobeam Condish: I declared this a hit already but I'm moving this to staple status. I love the tingle the stimulate version gives my scalp and it's got good oils in it. My hair is left soft and the best part.. It's only $10.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Revisited Hits: KomazaCare Protein Hair Strengthener. :up: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk :up::up::up: Hempseed Oil...Smoothing Goodness! :love: HIT!: Redken Cleansing Cream :up:.....So good had to 'HIT' it twice :lachen:! Potential Hit: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo....The force is VERY strong with this one. I actually threw out my CON Argan Shampoo after using it. Its THAT serious. Thanks Saludable84 for the heads up :) Mega Hit: WIGGING!- Its only been 3 weeks and I can already see that I'm going to be a wig lover :yep:

I'm telling you, I was impressed as well. I don't even look at my paul Mitchell anymore and you know I swear by that shampoo. Also, I bought the redken in the large size at ulta for $25. They had a buy two get one, but it would take me over a couple years to get rid of one, so to have three lying around.... No. But those are my jams right now.

Dposh167

Miss:
SSI Blueberry Co-wash- I think I'm going to sell this. I used it quite a few times but I feel like it doesn't condition very well. It cleanses fine, but i feel like i have to follow up with another conditioner. Which defeats the whole purpose of a cleansing conditioner.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Miss

LACE Ayurvedic spritz- I've used this on 3 occasions and the result has been very dry hair. I think it might have something to do with the ACV in it, idk. I really wanted to love it but my hair revolted.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit:
Bobeam Condish: I declared this a hit already but I'm moving this to staple status. I love the tingle the stimulate version gives my scalp and it's got good oils in it. My hair is left soft and the best part.. It's only $10.

I have been eyeing this oneastrocurlie. I wanted the Lemongrass one.
I love the cut! As soon as I find the right salon, I will be right there with you. I haven't been to a salon in over three years.

Miss

LACE Ayurvedic spritz- I've used this on 3 occasions and the result has been very dry hair. I think it might have something to do with the ACV in it, idk. I really wanted to love it but my hair revolted.

Me too. This dried my hair out when I used to use it when I was in protective style mode.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I have been eyeing this oneastrocurlie. I wanted the Lemongrass one. I love the cut! As soon as I find the right salon, I will be right there with you. I haven't been to a salon in over three years. Me too. This dried my hair out when I used to use it when I was in protective style mode.

Yeah I was disappointed. At first I thought dang this is going to be a nice moisturizing spritz! But nope that ish drove me into dry city.

Last edited:

jbwphoto1

Hit:

oneastrocurlie, I've only ordered bars from Bobeam so far, but though this looked interesting. Did you use with heat or just a plastic cap?

RUBY

Big miss for me

Curlformer/ Hairflair customer service
They were just rude to me after I enquired about my purchase.

RUBY

RUBY
What happened? I plan to order from them on BF.

I got the Extra long and extra wide kit and the hooks inside seem to be too short so I called up to enquire about it and was left a message. When I rang them back to speak to the person who left me a message, the original person was unavailable and new person was rude. So I said I'd ring back to speak to the original person. When I did another new person was acting shady like the rude person I had spoken to had told them not to help me or let me speak to the original person. Really weird behaviour.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Revisited Hits:

KomazaCare Protein Hair Strengthener. :up:
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk :up::up::up:
Hempseed Oil...Smoothing Goodness! :love:

HIT!:

Redken Cleansing Cream :up:.....So good had to 'HIT' it twice :lachen:!

Potential Hit:

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo....The force is VERY strong with this one. I actually threw out my CON Argan Shampoo after using it. Its THAT serious. Thanks Saludable84 for the heads up :)

Mega Hit:

WIGGING!- Its only been 3 weeks and I can already see that I'm going to be a wig lover :yep:

Hey EnExitStageLeft, what does SM do that CON doesn't?