Does Relaxed Hair Grow Faster than Natural Hair?

Does Relaxed Hair Grow Faster Than Natural Hair?

• Yes

Votes: 34 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 455 55.2%
  • Depends on the person and hair type.

Votes: 215 26.1%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 121 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SheaButterBaby

I understand that relaxed hair when taken care of just like natural hair will grow. IMO, it depends on genetics and so on for BOTH to grow so one doesn't necessarily grow faster than the other.

My hair was full shoulder length and I took care of it relaxed, but I can never say my hair never broke alot. But when my new growth grows in it's 1. blacker not a shady black color, stronger because it wasn't chemically broken down, and its thinker and doesn't break like my relaxed hair so it most likely will grow longer than it's ever been relaxed. It's harder to prevent breakage and retain length with relaxed hair. I think relaxed hair 'looks' like it grows faster but that's because curls shrink so is doesn't look like it's growing but it most likely is. :meditate: BTW, i just saw your pictures, keep up the great work!!!

Last edited:

Jas123

The Star of a Story
this has probably been said already but when all hair grows it's natural, as in it comes out of your scalp unprocessed by any chemical whether color or permanent or relaxer

eta:
^^^ms feliz i did not see your post... i just saw this thread and posted a quick reply

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
When hair grows out of your scalp it's natural. It's not about natural vs. relaxed it's about retention.

"whooot thur it izzz"^^^^^^^, all about the retenccionnnnn :yep:. and i know and the Good Lord knows i was tired of them single strand knots taking away some of my retenccionnn!!!!!!! i cants beess having that :nono:

Last edited:

silenttullip

For me personally I think it's the same long as it's healthy as someone else said. I say this because as a teen I had perms and my hair was not quite apl and now it's back to being natural and not quite apl and both took about 7 years "my hair may grow slow" to get there but I also like scissors so lol. Anyway I think it just really depends on how much breakage and care the person has.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
For me my hair grows faster when straight but not necessarily relaxed. I get a lot of knots and my curls are very tight, it seems like my scalp doesn't get enough air to grow unless I straighten or braid it but I just use heat no chemicals. I'm not sure if its really growing faster or I just retain more.