Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ms. Plain Jane

I have two 1 winner and 1 looser and a soon to be new player....

Winner: Elasta QP Intense

Looser: KeraCare super reconstructor (I dont like the way my hair feels afterwards)

Soon to replace both: Aveda DR Reconstructor :kiss:

I'm going Aveda and Nexxuss exclusively. :)

Elasta QP Intense is a moisturizing conditioner, not a reconstructor

LABETT

I just discovered CB Smoothie 6-n-1 reconstructor and I use it after relaxing with great results.
I still use Dudley DRC 28 and Vitale Intense Reconstructor.

homegirljiggy

I use Aphogee the strong treatment like a week before my relaxer, and I use Aphogee 2 min reconstructer every wash as a pre-poo with olive oil and water

lana

I use this silver bottle that says 911 on the side, but it's not made by 911. It cost me $20 bucks and my hair is the longest it's been since I've been using that stuff. This stuff provides shine and bling to my hair. It's wonderful. I wish I knew the name of it cause I'm almost out of the bottle. Yes, I've had one bottle for a year. It's very concentrated!

Other than that I use IC Reconstructor about every 3 weeks and yes, I use both directly after my relaxer and before the neutralizing shampoo. They work!

I have New Era Platinum Blonde Reconstructor and I don't notice any difference in my hair after using that stuff. None!:nono: But I'm going to finish off the bottle anyways.

lana

I found a picture of it. It's by Hayashi. I guess I got a bargain!

Attachments

• thumb_con-hay100.jpg
    thumb_con-hay100.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 568

lexi08

Right now, I am using Redken Extreme Rescue Force. I like the way it performs on my hair.

I just started to use this one too, I really like it. Its a keeper. Have you used the Deep Fuel. I have that too and I have not used it yet. The ingredients are really similar to the Rescue Force with the exception of a few. I only got a small sample tube of the Resue Force from Ulta and I was thinking of exchanging the Deep Fuel for a full bottle of Rescue Force.

Brownie518

I am loving Redken Deep Fuel and the Rescue Force. For some reason, I mixed them together last time and my hair was very strong and very moisturized after. I love how it felt. It was so soft, too, and I had no hair in the sink, either. For relaxer time, I use Ion Keratin Reconstructor after rinsing, before neutralizing. I love this stuff. Gives great slip, too!!! I sometimes will use this with a regular wash, sometimes as a prepoo. Nice results with this.

Evazhair

I use Affirm 5 in 1 after the relaxer is rinsed out of my hair. I don't use reconstructors in between because my hair is not damaged. To do so would cause me damage. I have to be careful even using light proteins in between touchups.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I use Motions CPR for the not too heavy treatments. I'll use it if I don't get to go back to the salon for a heavy treatment. Probably 1x every 4-6 weeks. I used to do it more often at the start of my journey when my hair needed serious strengthening.

Imani

I've been thinking about trying this one because Aphogee (heavy kind) leaves me with a hard to move, tangled mess even after moist under dryer.

Does DRC 28 really STRENGTHENS ??? I'm not talking about slip, or that the BOTTLE says it strengthens, but does it really stop breakage, make hair harder to snap ?

Cause if it does (being that i heard it has major slip ) , I will pay the price.

Strength + no tangles = LONG hair
Strength + no tangles = THICK hair

I have the moisterizers to keep it in balance :)

I get the same results with the apoghee. i'm curious about the DRC28 too. never used it before.

AtlantaJJ

l loove Sebastian 2+1 proffessional deep heat reconstructor (the original). I have 2 liters of this, it is sooo moisturizing! This is the only reconstructor or protien treatment that I don't have to follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner! When I'm being good to my hair I do this 2x per mth. I also just receive BBD stretch reconstructor. I haven't tried it yet, when I do I will post my review. I also have QP breakage control serum. I used this once, I'm still on the fence with this one.

2+1= 2 part moisture and 1 part protein
Click the link below and see how the original 2+1 package looks
http://www.stuff4beauty.com/catalog.php?category=Sebastian

Lady TQ thanks for the reminder about the 2+1, I have some in my cabinet. Back in the day they used the foil and flat iron method to do a deep conditoning. I'm going to do that again soon.:yep:

Question...why are the prices so dag-gone high on this web site??? Don't they know about Ebay? I know cellophanes are being discontinued but dang!!! :blush: :eh:

Cinnabuns

I use Deep Brillance Reconstructor (with Protein) on an as needed basis. Maybe once a month or when I'm streching my relaxers out.

remnant

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Affirm 5 in 1!!! THE BEST FOR MY HAIR!!

I discovered how great it was after I had put it on, layed down to take a quick nap, and woke up the next morning :look: . Overslept with it in for like 8 hours. My hair felt so different....my strands were much smoother!!

After I used up my first and only bottle of Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, I literally ran to an asian bss an hour away from me just to buy my Affirm. I didn't like Aphogee even with an overnight application because it did not leave my stands as smooth as Affirm.

I will never stray again from my 5 in 1 Reconstructor!! (especially since I just spent major $$$ to buy the biggest bottle I could get my hands on)

Me too see my siggy:yep:

TriniStarr

I use Affirm 5 n 1 mixed with Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance Fortifying treatment. My stylist apply these reconstructors after my relaxers. Which i 3-4 times a year.

Now, i am in the process of stretching so, i personally use Aphogee 2 min weekly to help me maintain any type of breakage i get whiles i am stretching. I am currently 8 wks post relaxer and i have to say it is working pretty good!

taytay86

Nexxus Emergencee is actually a recontructor not a protein treatment. That's my favorite. :)

Correction: Emergencee has collagen protein in it and it is a protein treatment.

Supergirl addresses this in one of her threads.

Let's not confuse people!:nono:

Last edited:

taytay86

I get the same results with the apoghee. i'm curious about the DRC28 too. never used it before.

I've used DRC. It's something you should dilute. It makes the hair hard until you wash it out. It will in no way provide slip of any kind as it's a true protein treatment. It worked for me.

Songbirdb

I voted other because I love my New Era Platinum Reconstuctor. It makes my hair feel like butter. It has Shea butter and its just so wonderful, I cant even describe. I use ORS Replenishing Condish so basically, I just switch between the two. So maybe every other week I use my NEP, because its gives moisture also. It's the best! I love Aphogee also tho.

HoneyDew

To you guys, what's the difference between a protein treatment and reconstructor. In my book they are the same.

hothair

I use more than one of the ones mentioned but voted Aveda since it was first. I also use Aphogee 2 min and the hard one and I have used the Affirm 5-in-1 with very good results *PJ rears her head* :curtain:I think I'll go get the Affirm again,thanks OP:hide:

bermudabeauty

Reconstuctor I currently use is by Optimum, which I like. When I've used all that up I will go back to using Joico Reconstructor. I use my reconstructor when I give myself a relaxer and the week after my relaxer.

mistee11

BUMPING. I will like to know that answer too.

Any conditioner containing hydrolyzed keratin protein can be classified as a reconstructor. Reconstructors have the ability to fill in damaged areas and cross link the hair shaft to reconstruct the hair. A deep conditioner may help hair look healthy but effects are only cosmetic and temporary meaning that it will wash away leaving hair damaged and lifeless. I was told several years ago by a beauty supply consultant in NYC that unless a product states that it will 'reconstruct' the hair then it is not a true reconstructor. SmoothNShine makes a good reconstructor called InnerSilk. If you read the product description on the back of the bottle it says that it will reconstruct hair shaft.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I have used several of the products listed:
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor:
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor
  • Motions CPR
Out of these, I would say I like the Aveda DR the best, followed by the Keracare Super Reconstructor. I just recently bought the Aphogee 2 Min and I like it too, but I'll have to use it more to see how I really feel (I've only used it once so far).

mistee11

I have used KeraCare Super Reconstructor because that is what my hairdresser uses but I was noticing a lot of breakage. I decided to buy some Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor and the Aphogee 2 Step Protein. I will be using the 2 Step every six weeks. After using the 2 min. Reconstructor I had considerably less breakage. This is really good stuff!