No More Team Natural for me!

beauti

i skipped around that vid for a shot of gorgeously relaxed hair now that she's no longer natural. I don't think she's into hair care, but into wig care :ohwell:

frida1980

I can't tell you how many women I've met that can't do anything with their hair and want to go back go relaxing. I wish I could do public presentations about natural hairstyles that anyone can do. But I have no idea if that's legal with out a come stolons license.

SunRai Naturals

i skipped around that vid for a shot of gorgeously relaxed hair now that she's no longer natural. I don't think she's into hair care, but into wig care :ohwell:

Exactly! She's been asking for advice over this past year & I noticed that every few months she would ask the same type of questions again. She got so much advice & was pointed to so many resources. I think that she was not into putting the time into researching & then implementing new hair care practices. Hopefully she will have healthy relaxed hair... but it will be more of the same if she is not willing to take care of it.

krikit96

MileHighDiva

I have been meaning to thank you about tipping me off to the Oyin Hair Dew, GSO, and Oyin Whipped Pudding Combo!

Wow! Moisture on Ten!!

Thank you! :love:

Ummm... DoDo & MileHighDiva - PLEASE share! I absolutely adore oyin products, and if there's a way I can mix my beloved hair dew with some grapseed oil and the whipped pudding, PLEASE share!

ForumRunner_20140816_111526.jpg

I'm sitting here waiting!

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
The thing about watching all of these natural hair 'gurus' on YouTube, is that you are seeing only what they want you to see, which is a very controlled image. Every video that has been uploaded has been planned and edited to create a specific kind of content. You watch a video of someone doing a twist out, and their hair is just soo easy, so shiny, so full, so soft looking; but, for all you know, their hair feels crispy, it took them forever to get good enough results that were worth filming, it didn't last as long as they said it did, etc.

When you go natural and expect everything to just work for you--instantly--in the way that these videos make it seem like it does (and it doesn't! it takes lots of practice and patience) it's easy to become disillusioned. You watch a video of a wash and go, and the woman says her hair is soft and moisturized, and is plugging products from left to right, but what she doesn't mention is her hair feels broken dreams and she's only pushing those products b/c she's getting paid to. It's a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Not everyone is out there creating a fantasy that only exists when a camera is on. Just be realistic when it comes to your hair. Even on here, you can't really compare yourself to someone who has years of experience under their belt, if you have only just started. There is no shortcut for something like that. And that goes for all heads of hair, not just natural hair.

Thanks just wasn't enough!! :heart:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo...more details pls!!!

scarcity21

I used Oyin Hair Dew which I already love, sealed it in with Grape Seed Oil, then sealed the ends with the Oyin Whipped Pudding. My hair was very soft to the touch as well as sheeny and the moisture also lasts. I wore my hair in a flat twist out all day and my hair stayed happy and moisturized. When I re-twisted that night I did not need to add any product to my hair.

I am very happy with this combo and MileHighDiva put me onto it. :yep:

Misseyl

I say to each is own but all the things she hates about natural hair is all the things I embrace. I love doing my hair, touching it, combing it, washing it. I figure that I roll my hair everyday when I was relaxed so twisting everynite is no problem. I wore my relaxed hair close to my scalp so having natural hair doesn't look any different. I'm just kind of disappointed that I did not join the natural hair club sooner. My hair looks okay relaxed, but it was breaking severely around the edges, back and front. It was always sticking up, like I don't have any hair growing in the kitchen area, my front edges begged for forgiveness but I woudn't listen. Now that I'm natural, my edges, front & back are growing in. I no longer worry about overlapping so this time next year I will have some serious hair on my head.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I can't tell you how many women I've met that can't do anything with their hair and want to go back go relaxing. I wish I could do public presentations about natural hairstyles that anyone can do. But I have no idea if that's legal with out a come stolons license.

frida1980 YouTube, girl! And hit me up when you do so i can subscribe!

LLicious85

I found that really, really painful. She was going on and on. She prefaced it all with a disclaimer that was painfully long. It was like saying "Ok, I know in the past I have bored you stupid with painful, annoying rants about nothing, but there was good reason for it and so this is going to be a painful annoying rant,..." then she let us have it

sharifeh

Britt

I'm scared I'm gonna end up like her. Can you come help me with my hair ? :lol:

But seriously though, I can't even judge .... It's HARD

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Vashti

I don't know what's wrong with some people. Like her (I enjoy your work out videos Buffy but this one I could have done without). You don't have to twist your hair up every night if you don't want to. You can detangle, moisturize and do a pin up style and wrap it up before you go to bed and the next morning your hair looks neat and perfect. You can keep a style like that for at least two to three days. Or maintain it all week.

I've been natural for almost twenty years so it isn't that deep for me.