Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge

back2relaxed

I am getting my relaxer as I type...I'll upload a pic or two tonite.
12.01 relaxer

09.21 relaxer

ResieCupp

Ahhh yesss I'm ready for this Challenge! :yep:

What is your current length?
Neck Length

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length?
October

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other?
I am natural.

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length?
I have started taking vitamins (Biotin and Multivitamin), I will not be using heat for the entire year (No heat challenge), I am in a castor oil challenge and I will be protective styling 80% of the time :)

What is your ultimate goal length?
Waist Length (Dream Hair!)

Attachments

• page.jpg
    page.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Starting Point..jpg
    Starting Point..jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 90

moonglowdiva

What is your current length? TWA

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length?Nov 2012 of course I am not in any rush. I just want to enjoy my natural hair.

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Natural BC 11.19.2011

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Keep It Super Simple. I'm just going to stick with what I know about my hair and let my hair take the lead.

What is your ultimate goal length? I really don't have one.

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1. I don't remember how to add a pic so I'll post one on my blog and fotki.

Last edited:

BlkOnyx488

don't wear a phony pony on a rollercoaster.

when my dh and i where just starting to date we went to 6 flags. i wanted to be cute so i put a a mini dress and a phony pony. this pony attached with a small banana clip. i didn't have much hair back then so the clip wasn't on very securely. although i thought it was. anyway we get on the super man which has a 200ft drop. as we drop the first hill i can feel my phony pony lefting up off my head. right before it pops off completely i catch it. lol

my dh married me anyway. now when i to six flagts i just wear a black silk scarf.

Ebonybunny

What is your current length? NL

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? December 2012 ( I have NEVER been shoulder length, so I wanna give myself plenty of time)

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Natural

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Wearing my favorite faux puff regularly, NoOo heat, moisturisizing daily, sealing with JB castor oil, shampooing when needed (moisturizing shampoo) , DCing atleast once a week, cowashing atleast 1x per week, taking my omega fish oil vitamins daily, drinking lots of water

What is your ultimate goal length? MBL :lick:

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1.

Last edited:

Stormy

OOOH I'm joining this challenge! Thanks OP for starting it!

About 3 inches, my TWA is ear length.

Dec. 2012 (I used to say July, but since I started with about 1/8th of an inch of hair that might be pushing it)

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other?
Natural

Keeping it simple! It seems to be working for me.:yep:
I'll probably try some PSing too.

APL

See siggy which is from July. My updated pics won't look like much growth since I have a LOT of shrinkage. Maybe I should wait another month or two to post them.

Happy growing ladies!

30something

don't wear a phony pony on a rollercoaster.

when my dh and i where just starting to date we went to 6 flags. i wanted to be cute so i put a a mini dress and a phony pony. this pony attached with a small banana clip. i didn't have much hair back then so the clip wasn't on very securely. although i thought it was. anyway we get on the super man which has a 200ft drop. as we drop the first hill i can feel my phony pony lefting up off my head. right before it pops off completely i catch it. lol

my dh married me anyway. now when i to six flagts i just wear a black silk scarf.

:lol: Great tip
good thing it wasn't a wig and it didn't hit someone in the face

Beautytalk69

To join please thank the original post.

What is your current length? It's about collarbone in the back and should on the sides stretched

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? Umm....full shoulder june/july

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? natural

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length?sew-ins..PS,crown and glory..moisturizing

What is your ultimate goal length?Waist length.

30something

Wow Ebonybunny we are like hair twins! Only thing is that my hair is really jet black. My hair clumps just like that.. rare sight to find someone with texture that close to mine. Anyway you mentioned wearing a faux puff... I been really wanting to style my hair in a faux puff since seeing chinablk's TWA pony puff tutorial.. but I suck at laying my hair down. Do you happen to have a picture of what your look like if you don't mind sharing.. or have some tips to share. If I could master the faux puff my life would be much easier lol:grin:

Ebonybunny

Wow Ebonybunny we are like hair twins! Only thing is that my hair is really jet black. My hair clumps just like that.. rare sight to find someone with texture that close to mine. Anyway you mentioned wearing a faux puff... I been really wanting to style my hair in a faux puff since seeing chinablk's TWA pony puff tutorial.. but I suck at laying my hair down. Do you happen to have a picture of what your look like if you don't mind sharing.. or have some tips to share. If I could master the faux puff my life would be much easier lol:grin:

:hug2: Hair twin !!

I use aloe vera gel to lay my hair down, I have to tie it down w two satin scarves and leave it on over night for it to lay down.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 51

30something

Omg! that looks great! That is what I'm talking about.... I suck at getting my hair pulled back in a style..or any style for the matter. where did you get the phony puff?

InBloom

In my new-growth
Add me! Add me! I want in!

Neck Length

May 1, 2012

Relaxed with Linange Shea Butter

Regular DC's, gentle hair handling, properly protect hair when using heat, reduce heat usage, more co-washing and less shampooing, trims, attempt rollersetting

Lightly layered APL

Last edited:

Nylund

How exciting, my first challenge. Bring on the hair-growing!

Neck-length

December 31, 2012

Relaxed

Once, maybe twice, weekly pre-pooing, shampooing, and deep conditioning; moisturizing/ sealing/ scalp massages 2-3 times a week; less reliance on heat styling tools (I do love my blow-dryer and flat-iron, but once weekly is a bit much for me); less reliance on my stylist (although I heart her)

Maybe MBL, but I won't interfere if it wants to grow longer :)

I'll post a starting pic on wash day, Thursday

Ebonybunny

Omg! that looks great! That is what I'm talking about.... I suck at getting my hair pulled back in a style..or any style for the matter. where did you get the phony puff?

I got it from my local BS store for 7.99 , but I think you can find it cheaper on a site like hairsisters...

gvin89

OK, I'm joining...think I can make this!!!

Front-lip length (6.5"), Crown-chin length (7.5"), Back-neck length (5")

June 2012

Natural

What is your plan on obtaining shoulder length?
Protective styling including updos, twists, and braids; healthy eating

BSL

Last edited:

xu93texas

Hi ladies! Just checking in. How is it going? So far so good with me. I'm trying to get this protective styling down. I purchased two wigs and I'm loving my bantu knot out! I'll be 13 weeks post-relaxer this coming Saturday.

Anyhoo, HHG :grin:

Last edited:

shmmr

Hi Ladies!!

I'm in.

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? dec 31, 2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? I'm texlaxed

What are your plans for obtaining shoulder length? not sure yet...simple reggie, wash one a week, blow dry on cool, flat iron.

What is your ultimate goal length? BSL

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1.I'll post after I texlax, sometime in Jan.

Happy Hair Growing :) - 2012 is OURS!

Nylund

Here's my starting pic. Hope you ladies are sticking to your goals as best you can and your hair's behaving :) I had to have a heart-to-heart with mine this evening after having a not-so-great hair day.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Here is my starting pic.

Also, I got my hair braided yesterday. I'm gonna keep them until their fuzzy. When they do get fuzzy, I'll probably wear a wig over top or simply just get them redone.

Attachments

• Length 12-15-11.jpg
    Length 12-15-11.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Braids & Bare Escentuals (Medium Dark N40) 12-15-11.jpg
    Braids & Bare Escentuals (Medium Dark N40) 12-15-11.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 41

MsSonya

What is your current length? neck length

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? June 2012

natural with a bit of relaxed ends left.
What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Dont really have a set plan. But I dont plan to slack up like I have before. Protect my hair at nite silk scarf, press every 3 wks. deep condition as needed, moisturize

What is your ultimate goal length? MBL

grownupnai

Re: PICS!

Here they are

that's my baby bun(maybe not so protective on the short sides sometimes)

another baby bun

bun pulled out

pulled to middle of chin(originally thought top lip, but middle of chin actually)

let loose length

right side

left side

nape at an angle(sorry) combed out

I will try and get my someone to take an accurate photo of my nape.
I will also ask someone with a nicer camera to take my progress pics in March for my 1/4 of a year update :yep:
:)

Regimen update:

I'm now washing my hair twice a week. I'm using queen helene garlic shampoo followed by a black tea rinse and moisturizing or mild protein conditioner. I even dab my scalp with the tea bag for shedding after I rinse the conditioner out. My shedding is reducing and I have found that this is the balance I need for my fine protein loving strands. Msm and biotin are still daily(or every other day :/) and I will do my best to stay consistent. I've been better most weeks. I'm bunning my hair higher up on my head at night before I tie my satin scarf. I'm so happy that i have rediscovered the magic of the satin scarf. My SO is white/Swedish and has been really supportive. So even reminded me put it on the other night after we home late from a bar and a bit drunk. My hair around the sides is growing and I think the biotin is really thickening up my hair. I'm also using the aphogee 2 step. I think I will try again in 4 weeks and if that seems too much I'll jump to every six weeks. My hair loves protein :yep:

I'm going to give myself a trim and update my pics on January 1st using a better camera.

Niknak20

I've been lurking and finally was able to do this today! I'm excited to be on LHCF. Plz add me to the challenge. I'm about to get off my break, so I can't input info now. When i get off i'll gladly post a starting pic& my info. But I just wanted to say hi& HHG to all.

jcdlox

I'm going to give this a shot....again

Mid neck length

Dec 2012

Relaxed

Simple regimen and consistency for retention. I shampoo and condition 2x weekly with Mizani Botanifying, DC alternating wiht Moisturfusion and Moisturfuse, moisturize 2x daily with CD Marguerite's Magic. I blow dry and curl with curling iron.

APL... never before in my life!

Attachments

• IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Niknak20

Before I went to college I went to the Dominican hair salon, or my mom did my hair. I never did it which led me to a lot of bad choices like coloring and relaxing closely. Before I knew it my fully shoulder length hair broke off in layers and I was left w/ a cute but short chin length bob. It's only 5yrs later finally at NL. When I was a kid before my mom permed it, my hair was longer than SL. I want SL to happen as a stepping stone.

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? End of June 2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Since August 2011 transitioning from relaxed to natural.

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? wash my hair weekly, massage my scalp w/oils, do the greenhouse effect 1x or 2x a week, (starting in january) I plan on wearing PS styles of braids every 2months than going to the salon and getting wash&blows. No more than 2x a month. It'll be hard but I'm trying to not apply a lot of heat to my hair next year. I'm also taking Biotin daily, will start taking Hairfinity again, increase my water intake, and exercise 2-3x a week.I'm going to incorporate protein, and I want to educate myself on my hair.

What is your ultimate goal length? MBL but I would be thrilled w/ BSL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF