Thinnest hair EVER...

almond eyes

When I wore sew in weaves for only one year because my hair is fine it was too much manipulation for my hair with the braiding my hair into a pineapple and then the actual sewing and then unloosening the braids. I shed lots of hair.

Also strong protein is also not advisable for fine hair as well.

I am not sure if you have fine hair but fine hair has to be treated like a silk scarf.

If you were getting bald areas I would advise you to look into your diet but since your hair at the bottom looked thin but the rest looked to be in fine shape I would say it is something you are doing to your hair rather than a diet issue. But thin hair is also genetics unless your hair was thick before and something is off with your body now.

Best,
Almond Eyes

NappyBella

Thanks for responding! I think once you ditch the sew-ins, use a moisturizing DC and leave-in regularly, and make sure your iron levels are okay, your hair's going to thicken right on up and you're going to see your length retention take off :yep: Good luck girlie!!!! :hug2:

Thanks a ton! I'm praying it does

NappyBella

When I wore sew in weaves for only one year because my hair is fine it was too much manipulation for my hair with the braiding my hair into a pineapple and then the actual sewing and then unloosening the braids. I shed lots of hair. Also strong protein is also not advisable for fine hair as well. I am not sure if you have fine hair but fine hair has to be treated like a silk scarf. If you were getting bald areas I would advise you to look into your diet but since your hair at the bottom looked thin but the rest looked to be in fine shape I would say it is something you are doing to your hair rather than a diet issue. But thin hair is also genetics unless your hair was thick before and something is off with your body now. Best, Almond Eyes

My edges are thin but they have been for a while. I think from snatching tracks out without a care(younger teenage days) But I'm going to change my diet as well thank u so much for all the info and suggestions

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Hey OP :wave:

I have a couple of questions:
1. How long do you go between sew-in installs?
2. How often do you use heat on your hair?
3. How do your hair look in its natural state? Do you have any pics?
4. How long have you actually been on your healthy hair journey?
5. Do you know if you're anemic?

Like other posters have said, your hair is too fine to handle sew-ins (I think this is true for many ladies actually). Also, you seem to have a protein heavy regimen. Fine hair needs protein, but fine hair also seems to be prone to being super dry. I think you need to focus on moisture moisture moisture with lighter protein thrown in. Finding a creamy leave-in (even if its condish) and a non-protein sealant. I also suggest not touching heat, sew-ins or braids, at all, for at least a year.

You got great advice from all the ladies OP and this right here is a gem too.

My hair is fine like yours too. Weaves are very bad for us. So its good you decided to ditch. I recommend crochet braids if you must keep it hidden. Its my 'weave' since tracks snatch my hair. 3 weeks installed then at least 2 days free to clean and moisturize/DC. Then back up again. No damage this way and my hair is well cared for.

For protein my suggestion is to use a reconstructor every cpl weeks. I found thats really all it needs.

Fine hair requires frequently dusting. Our ends split so easily. You find a dusting regimen that works for you. I found going longer than 6 weeks I start to see tiny broke off ends everywhere. Its so sad :(

If you decide to wear wigs be careful of the caps. My hair broke badly with a nylon type cap and the edges got snatched too.

By far the best I did to turn my hair around is a simple daily multivitamin and collagen. So please get on that asap!

Hoping the best for you and your hair!

NappyBella

You got great advice from all the ladies OP and this right here is a gem too. My hair is fine like yours too. Weaves are very bad for us. So its good you decided to ditch. I recommend crochet braids if you must keep it hidden. Its my 'weave' since tracks snatch my hair. 3 weeks installed then at least 2 days free to clean and moisturize/DC. Then back up again. No damage this way and my hair is well cared for. For protein my suggestion is to use a reconstructor every cpl weeks. I found thats really all it needs. Fine hair requires frequently dusting. Our ends split so easily. You find a dusting regimen that works for you. I found going longer than 6 weeks I start to see tiny broke off ends everywhere. Its so sad :( If you decide to wear wigs be careful of the caps. My hair broke badly with a nylon type cap and the edges got snatched too. By far the best I did to turn my hair around is a simple daily multivitamin and collagen. So please get on that asap! Hoping the best for you and your hair!

I definitely will!! Thank u so much! :)