Happy to be back at Last! My Journey...

creolefox

Hi fellow LHCFers!!!!!
My Journey with LHCF began back in 2010. I was a very active member for a while but stopped posting when Life cam knocking. I took time away from life to be a fashion designer, and win Project Runway!
Luckily my life changed but now it is time to focus on my hair again!
Here are some pix to show you what went down these past few years!:

The first Was around the time I had left the forums. I had big chopped in August of 2007 and been growing out my hair with LHCF. I had reached Full APL around late 2011/2012 and had a regimen of weekly co washing, blowdrying on cool and flat ironing my hair. Despite the heat I had a thick full head of hair.

DSCN1573.jpg

MY hair was very healthy and bouncy!
998927_537421931066_677577818_n.jpg
Here I had a setback from using Chi Silk Infusion as a heat protectant. DID NOT work for me!

After my setback and once I was cast on project runway I decided to big chop again and keep my hair natural for the duration.
285217_512742673496_6001773_n.jpg
You can see my hair thickened up and my curl definition became very nice form all the daily co washing while I was on the show. I slept in pineapples at night.
426186_10151732269506136_943493378_n.jpg

1375720_540101730726_622433122_n.jpg

I let my hair continue to grow without growth aids or a regular regimen just daily cowashing with Aussie 3 Min Miracle...
As you can see it got pretty lengthy when not stretched...

This was the first straightening I did after Project Runway around Dec of

I washed and bunned or wash n go until the summer. This is another length check around July or August I made BSL here:

After that I decided to get a hair cut after noticing my hair had no shape to it when it was curly. It was chopped to shoulder length curly:

So this is where I am now! I am now going to start growing my hair out again to WSL and hopefully will achieve that by next year!!! My starting point is APL stretched right now so lets get growing!
Daily Wash and Bun
Sulfur Mix and Massage 3x week
Daily Viviscal, Biotin, Multi, Fish Oil
Inversion 2x week
DC 4x Month
Protein 1x Month
:grin::grin::grin:
xoxo

-Dom

Last edited:

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
oh wow that was you on Project Runway? Congratulations girl I was rooting for you. Your designs were awesome and I said to myself "she has some pretty hair!"

Welcome back!

BostonMaria

Oh my goodness how lucky you are!!! Welcome back and please tell us how you're doing now that the show is over.

Misseyl

Congrats, I don't watch Project Runway but glad to know that we have a semi-celebrity here. Love your curls.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Whoooaaa, I looked at your pictures before looking at the text and I was like....she looks so familiar. Congrats on winning! My mom and I watched that whole season and we were so happy you won! Welcome back to the forum!

jaiku

I loved your work on project runway. Congrats on the win. Sorry to hear about the hair issues. Just remember not to be a product junkie. Every time I start over I end up spending too much money on useless stuff.

faithVA

Congratulations. I'm mad I didn't know about this and missed it :tantrum:

But I'm glad you won and I hope you had a blast. Congratulations again. I know your designs were fabulous.

koolkittychick

Wow! Project Runway is one of my favorite shows! Girl, you were one of my favorites on your season! I hope winning the show has been good for you and you are doing well in your career. Good luck on your hair journey! :yep:

ETA: I just found the Huffpost article on your debut at NYFW!!! Go on with with your bad self!!! The collection is awesome! Did you design the prints yourself? Sorry if I am fangirling, I just think it's so cool that you are on LHCF!

Last edited:

creolefox

Noted!!! Luckily I kept a journal when I was active so I know where all my setbacks came from and what works for me! I'm so glad I did because if not, I would be buying all of sally's right now! lol

creolefox

Wow! Project Runway is one of my favorite shows! Girl, you were one of my favorites on your season! I hope winning the show has been good for you and you are doing well in your career. Good luck on your hair journey! :yep:

ETA: I just found the Huffpost article on your debut at NYFW!!! Go on with with your bad self!!! The collection is awesome! Did you design the prints yourself? Sorry if I am fangirling, I just think it's so cool that you are on LHCF!
Yup I did them all myself!!!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
We were pulling for you the entire time in the E.T. forum! I absolutely adore your designs and your hair is gorgeous! Welcome back home!

How has life been since Project Runway? I know this is the hair fourm, but I have sooooo many P.R. related questions..lol.

newgrowth15

Congratulations! creolefox. I didn't see Project Runway, but it must have been very exciting for you to win.

With regards to your hair, I say keep doing what you did while you were on the show. It worked perfectly and your hair looked amazing from the pictures. :yep:

LivingInPeace

Wow! I love Project Runway! I loved your designs that season. I remember loving yor fabulous hair! My mother told me, "You should wear your hair down like hers and let it just flow."

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
How cool is this? :grin: I remember you!

Congratulations on your win and welcome back!
Your hair is gorgeous.

You are having the best life EVER!!!!

creolefox

We were pulling for you the entire time in the E.T. forum! I absolutely adore your designs and your hair is gorgeous! Welcome back home!

How has life been since Project Runway? I know this is the hair fourm, but I have sooooo many P.R. related questions..lol.

its been awesome!!! I love designing full time!! what a life changer!!!!!

Eiano

Looks like a good plan! You seem to have it down! Your hair is nice and thick!!

I loved your season! I hope everything is going well with you and your designs! Not even gonna lie, I low key stalked your hair on PR:lol:

Duchess007

Project Runway is my jam! I'm happy to know some of the gorgeous heads of hair I see actually do have a connection to LHCF.

Congrats- love your work!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

iLurk

Never watched the show but you must have had one heck of an experience. Congrats.

Your hair is purty.

almond eyes

Beautiful hair, face and look. Congrats on your win. Thanks for sharing. I think your co washing really helped you to thrive. You don't need to go overboard with too much stuff. I started to use my GNC hair vitamins and ended up with severe headaches.

Best,
Almond Eyes

DeepBluSea

You are adorable! I'm going to look for the show on line. I love to see black women living the dream. Nice to see someone who looks like us calling the shots!

ezina

Welcome back! At first when I read your text: "...and win Project Runway" I was like, that must be a mistype because I've seen every season of PR up until a certain point and you just can't be that person just because haha. And then looking over your first few pictures confirmed that in my head because you just didn't look familiar...until I saw the pics of you with curly hair and then finally recognized you! Congrats on winning PR! I fawned over your hair (and prints) throughout the entire season!

And just before I entered this thread I was thinking about how great hair journey update threads were because we don't seem to get them here a lot anymore.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Congrats & welcome back OP!
Your hair and designs are gorgeous :)

Using LHCF via smarphone. Can't see mentions

prettybyrd

Congratulations both on your lovely hair and Project Runway!

I used to watch Project Runway until I cut my cable, it would have been nice to see "a cousin" win!

I hope that you do a thread about your experiences, it would be very interesting to hear all about it. :)

GreenEyedJen

GUUUUURLLL-LUH! I loved you AND your hair on Project Runway! Plus you're from my hometown! I haven't missed one episode of Project Runway since Season 2, and you are one of my all time favorites.

Now that that's out of the way...you might want to balance out your biotin supplement with a B - Complex supplement. Biotin alone can cause acne. The other B vitamins balance it out. I had that problem when I upped my biotin dosage. Adding a B - Complex cleared my skin quickly. Also, once I started taking Viviscal, I didn't see a use for other hair vitamins at all. You might want to try Viviscal on it's own for a bit to see how it works solo (or in conjunction with your regular vitamins for overall health).