October 2014 Hits & Misses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Saludable84

I have a Liter of the Elucence (Grapefruit) Acidifying Shampoo which Neutralizes, Chelates, Clarifies.

I still have yet to try Redken Cleansing Crème.

I know Elucence has another Clarifying 'Poo too. I think it's the Volumizing?

Babygrowth

Very as eluence didn't feel like it cleaned enough.

I don't know if its because I have high porosity hair that Elucence as long as I don't get too heavy handed cleans just right. My hair and scalp doesn't hold on to product long so the Redken did a deeper clean then what my strands can handle. My roots were soft and puffy but my ends were stripped and tangled.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I don't know if its because I have high porosity hair that Elucence as long as I don't get too heavy handed cleans just right. My hair and scalp doesn't hold on to product long so the Redken did a deeper clean then what my strands can handle. My roots were soft and puffy but my ends were stripped and tangled.

Babygrowth

Nice Review.:yep:

What Elucence Shampoo are you using? The Grapefruit one or the Blue one?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84

I have a Liter of the Elucence (Grapefruit) Acidifying Shampoo which Neutralizes, Chelates, Clarifies.

I still have yet to try Redken Cleansing Crème.

I know Elucence has another Clarifying 'Poo too. I think it's the Volumizing?

The eluence does everything but it didn't cleans enough for me. I have the same one, I never tried the volumizing one.

I might be the case. My hair still feels smooth after using it, just clean and not stripped. It made it feel stripped once before, but I will admit I wasn't using many products that would cause build-up at the time.

NaturalBritt87

Continued hits: APB leave-in, hair creams including ayurvedic blend
Hit: dusting my ends finally
Using APB ayurvedic hair cream, key lime hair and body butter and smooth naturals hair perfection for the best twist out ever in life! Moisturized hair: check, just right amount of hold: check, definition for days: double check, shiny hair: check, not having to re twist my hair at night: priceless!

gorgeoushair

Rediscovered hit: HH Peach Waves:) even though I'm trying to use it up. It's too bad she acted a straight fool cause she's since lost my business...for now.

Urban

Massive Hits -

Silicon Mix ~ OMG!!!! I could not keep my hands out of my hair with this stuff in it.....so shiny and moisturized and so much slip. I am transitioning, almost fully natural and my 2 dd's are fully natural and we all used this stuff this weekend and boy could I tell the difference when I blow dryed my youngest dd hair. :up:

And each and every hair strand said .... AMEN!!

Silicon mix is EVERYTHING. It fixes everthing, revives dry hair, melts away tangles. Just everything.
-----------------------------------------------

New hit - Cantu Shea Butter. I don't know where this has been all my life. It's amazing and keeps my hair moisturised for days.

Continued hit- Silicon Mix of course.

Beamodel

Continued Hits

Hairveda Methi Tea Set (step 1)
Perfect protein treatment that diminishes shedding and reinforces your hair. Major slip. Just an effective product

Hairitage Hydrations
Pink Lemon Berry Mimosa

Sarenzo Beads
Chocolate Butter

Annabelle's Perfect Blends
Leave in Pudding - Bday Cake
Ayurvedic Oil - Bday Cake

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
oneastrocurlie

I was a 1st time customer and it took me a good 8-10 weeks to get my stuff. No response etc....

I had to filed a PayPal Dispute on them before I could even get a response.

And I was right at that 45 days too.:ohwell:

Girl, they opened/closed went on vacation/sabbatical sailed around the world on a slow boat to China to study with the Dai Lama.:rolleyes:

Never Again.:nono:

oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie

I was a 1st time customer and it took me a good 8-10 weeks to get my stuff. No response etc....

Girl, they opened/closed went on vacation/sabbatical sailed around the world on a slow boat to China to study with the Dai Lama.:rolleyes:

:lol:
Such a shame too cause she has good stuff. Ah well.

kupenda

Miss: my bantu knots not being dry after 8 hours overnight. My hair doesnt look bad, as I like the untamed look. But its not what I had in mind...

Reading this thread has me missing my old loves. I stayed dc'ing with Silicon mix! I may have to try it out again since I'll be straightening my hair more often. And that Alter Ego garlic shampoo/hot oil was the bidness

CurliDiva

HUGE FAIL - Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 and overnight baggy'ing left my hair a limp, tangled mess - had to rip my plaits apart to unravel! :(

oneastrocurlie

Miss:
Bobeam Stimulate Condish as a pre-poo. Love it as a DC though.

On the fence:
SSI Tahitian Vanilla Leave in. Ehhh I'm not super impressed. DB Spritz and APB Leave in (even my diluted version) seem to work better.

Continued Hits:
SSI Blueberry cowash
SM Manuka Honey Masque

I really like these two!

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

oneastrocurlie

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
Yessssssssss!!!!!! THIS!!!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
New Hits!:

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Shampoo, Conditioner and Deep Treatment Mask

It was perfect for before surgery because I was able to manage my hair without product and now a week later my hair still feels somewhat moisturized while I am recovering.

I love finding a convenient cost effective hit! :reddancer:

I am about to return to the Sarenzo beads chocolate butter that Beamodel was mentioning up-thread. I keep forgetting it and then I get a friendly reminder :yep: I can also layer it with my APB leave in pudding in pumpkin spice. Hmm. I have to be careful when I use that though, not everyone likes the smell.

IDareT'sHair

I am never buying from Sarenzo again though. The customer service was a joke. I had to melt my butter and mix it several times to resolve consistency issues. Now, it' s good enough to use only after I made adjustments. I see where you are coming from.:yep:

Last edited:

PJaye

There needs to be an "Unreliable" vendor listing so that I can make informed choices while purchasing.

ronie

New Hits!: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Shampoo, Conditioner and Deep Treatment Mask It was perfect for before surgery because I was able to manage my hair without product and now a week later my hair still feels somewhat moisturized while I am recovering. I love finding a convenient cost effective hit! :reddancer: I am about to return to the Sarenzo beads chocolate butter that Beamodel was mentioning up-thread. I keep forgetting it and then I get a friendly reminder :yep: I can also layer it with my APB leave in pudding in pumpkin spice. Hmm. I have to be careful when I use that though, not everyone likes the smell. IDareT'sHair I am never buying from Sarenzo again though. The customer service was a joke. I had to melt my butter and mix it several times to resolve consistency issues. Now, it' s good enough to use only after I made adjustments. I see where you are coming from.:yep:
Wishing you a speedy complete and pain free recovery DoDo. I'm happy your hair held on during that time.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Wishing you a speedy complete and pain free recovery DoDo. I'm happy your hair held on during that time.

I am doing good. I had sinus surgery and things seem to be coming around. I was experiencing migraines near daily until finally the ear nose and throat doctor had a CT scan done and told me that I would need surgery. This is looking like one of the best decisions I have ever made :yep:.

Thank you for the well wishes ronie and PJaye

:bighug:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Peeks head in thread. In regards to Sarenzo

I dont buy her hair products anymore. Just the body items. Ive ordered every three months and my items have arrived in under a week after processing.

Just placed an order last Friday. Will see how long it takes to arrive. I also will be ordering on Black Friday.