October 2014 Hits & Misses

1BalancedBeauty

Tresemme Naturals conditioner has been a godsend for detangling my daughter's hair before washing it. It has a lot of slip, which makes all the difference. I was using moisturizing lotion beforehand and it didn't help as much.

Evolving78

Hit
Silicon Mix Treatment it gave me so much slip, and it really softened my new growth! it is hands down my new best friend for life!

Silk Dreams Nourish oil
love it as a prepoo

Miss
Patene Cowash Conditioner
that stuff gave no moisture, no slip, and it made me hair feel stripped. i have sulfate shampoos that work ten times better

BrownSkin2

Hit
Karen's body Beautiful Leave-in conditioner. It makes my hair soft and the tangles melt. I originally bought a sample, but went back and bought the full size bottle.

overtherainbow

HIT:
EVA NYC Hair Mask http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5160075
I bought this stuff on a whim and despite the ugly packaging and weird smell it's soo good. Perfect balance of protein and moisture and amazing slip. I used it as a rinse out.

Blue Magic Coconut hair grease- 2 weeks of using this to seal exclusively and my ends are saying thank you. My tangles are much less too. Not greasy at all, no build up and smells nice.

cutenss

HIT:
Obia Babasau Deep Conditioner. It is very thick, but lacks slippage. But it leaves my fine, natural strands very moisturized. I actually didn't think I was going to like it, but I do. I hope she has a BF sale. I would like a couple more jars.

Nubian Hertiage EVOO and Moringa Hair Repair Butter. I did not like this at first. I thought it was too heavy for my strands, but it not. It makes a great sealant, without being greasy.

Continued HIT: Aphogee Curlific Moisture Leave In. I love this stuff. I have always used it as a leave in on freshly washed hair, but I love it on my dry hair, as opposed to water. The next buy two get one free Sally at Sallys, I will stock up :)

sexypebbly

Miss: shea moisture Tahitian monoi hair repair mask. The smell is a little too perfumy for me and had no slip whatsoever going on my natural hair. I added an oil to help and steamed snd hair just felt okay. Will use it again with my soft bonnet but will give this to my mother.

kupenda

LOC with water, jojoba oil, and Darcys Shea Butter moisturizer. Soft, happy hair despite the weather. Very nice

Babygrowth

Miss: Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo

I liked the consistency but my hair felt stripped. I will stick with Elucence.

Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum- my hair just made this evaporate. No smoothness no sealing.

I'm sticking with my natural/handmade stuff.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Babygrowth

I was using this to Cleanse my Wigs (never tried it on my hurr).:drunk:

I thought I had used it up, but found about 1/2 a bottle left in my Stash.:look:

Undecided about trying it. There was a 'reason' I relegated it to clean my wigs.

I can't remember.:perplexed

Probably another review I read a while back.

Babygrowth

@Babygrowth

I was using this to Cleanse my Wigs (never tried it on my hurr).:drunk:

I thought I had used it up, but found about 1/2 a bottle left in my Stash.:look:

Undecided about trying it. There was a 'reason' I relegated it to clean my wigs.

I can't remember.:perplexed

Probably another review I read a while back.

I knew I shouldn't have bought it.

Beamodel

Babygrowth IDareT'sHair

I recently purchased the Redken cleaning cream. The first time I used it, my hair felt fine. It was nice.

The second time I used it, my hair did feel stripped but it didn't bother me because I felt as though it's a clarifying/Chelating shampoo and not a moisturizing one.

It felt no different than my Kenra Chelating shampoo for my hair.

I hope that helps :)

Kimiche

HIT:
Obia Babasau Deep Conditioner. It is very thick, but lacks slippage. But it leaves my fine, natural strands very moisturized. I actually didn't think I was going to like it, but I do. I hope she has a BF sale. I would like a couple more jars.

Nubian Hertiage EVOO and Moringa Hair Repair Butter. I did not like this at first. I thought it was too heavy for my strands, but it not. It makes a great sealant, without being greasy.

Continued HIT: Aphogee Curlific Moisture Leave In. I love this stuff. I have always used it as a leave in on freshly washed hair, but I love it on my dry hair, as opposed to water. The next buy two get one free Sally at Sallys, I will stock up :)

I think you and the reviewers on Sally's website sold me on this one. I have to take a trip there this weekend, so I think I will pick this up.

Honi

There is no board.
Miss: Garnier Fructis Moisture Max
I hate you and the creators who created you! :mad: This stripped my hair and felt more like a cleansing conditioner. I have no time for you to be doing this to me this late at night Garnier. In the trash you shall go!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Miss:
-letting my hair get too dry before washing it again
-manipulating hair when it's heavily damp vs. mostly dry

Hit:
-rileypak, IIRC, you recommended applying shampoo to dry hair. I did that today and it went really well
-alter ego garlic for shedding

atlien11

Hit:
1. Buying a Terry cloth head band from Sallys to keep water from dripping in my face while sitting under my soft bonnet dryer deep conditioning :grin:

2. Adding a tablespoon of unprocessed honey and a full table spoon of Avocado oil to my My Honey Child Olive You deep conditioner. I mixed it up in an old food processor i never use anymore and got a lovely consistency :yep:.

3. Bought Trader Joes Tea Tree conditioner to hopefully replace my beloved Tressemme naturals. Im still hurt they are changing the formula. Anyway, this did good today.

Hopeful hit:
Rinsing my hair in the sink after this DC. Im tired of going in/out of the shower.

Miss:

1. The SMELL of the My Honey Child Deep Olive You Conditioner. It kinda reminds me of how a relaxer used to smell. I might give this to my mom :sad:

2. Yeah that Tresemme Naturals thing i mentioned earlier :ohwell:

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk on Dry Hair
Now I know why I love this stuff. Sometimes I just want to style my hair mid week and this kept my hair very soft and moisturized.

On the fence: Happy Nappy Honey Pink Hibiscus DC
The application felt very watery. It seemed I had to keep applying product to my hair. The slip was...was...was...I don't think it had any. :lol: Next time I will add some oil.

When I rinsed it out it was just okay. I used it with heat. Now, when my hair dried it did dry very soft. But I think I will use the one I have up and sell the other one on the swap boards.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:

Redken Cleansing Cream. My favorite clarifier: smells like oranges and leaves my hair feeling like butta! I left it on for a couple minutes because my hair has been acting up lately and I wanted to make sure all the gook was off. My hair felt nice and soft. Best $25.50 I ever spent for the large bottle in ulta. Now I regret not buying two and getting one free. :wallbash:

CHI Silk Infusion. My jam. I'll never get tired of this stuff.

Potential Hit:
Loreal Damage Repair. I don't think it can really repair damage, but I was able to detangle while rinsing and that's a plus. It doesn't have super slip, but enough slip that you and comb out any tangles. I was also able to finger part my hair and the combs went through so easy I forgot I needed heat protectant serum for a minute while roller setting. Now I just have to see how my hair comes out and acts during the week. I only bought it because it is apparently the cheaper alternative to Kerastase Masqueintense (and that stuff is gud) that's so expensive.

Miss:
My Silk Dreams and Annabelles, however, my hair has been too dry and I think I need to go back to basics for a while.

MzRhonda

Massive Hits -

Silicon Mix ~ OMG!!!! I could not keep my hands out of my hair with this stuff in it.....so shiny and moisturized and so much slip. I am transitioning, almost fully natural and my 2 dd's are fully natural and we all used this stuff this weekend and boy could I tell the difference when I blow dryed my youngest dd hair. :up:

Infiniti Pro by Conair® 3-in-1 Styler (blow dryer) ~ another OMG, I used this to blow dry my hair and my youngest dd and it made for faster drying time and much straighter hair no need to flat iron my dd hair. :up: It has a Tourmaline ceramic coated straightening comb(2 combs) and it is supposed to reduce frizz.

Both of these products I purchased this month and I read about them here.

wannabelong

Miss:
Patene Cowash Conditioner - it stripped my hair and made it dry. It's more of a light shampoo than a conditioner.

Last edited: