Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Since I'm already in the wng challenge, I decided to take the plunge into MHM. So far, I'm really impressed. I can see this method really helping my fall/winter wng life! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
you'll definitely have to keep us posted on your results. I've been watching the thread regarding the MHM. I like the results everyone is getting but I do not have the patience or the time to complete all those steps.

bronzephoenix

you'll definitely have to keep us posted on your results. I've been watching the thread regarding the MHM. I like the results everyone is getting but I do not have the patience or the time to complete all those steps.
I'll definitely be providing updates! I felt the same as far as time/patience. Just reading all those steps had my eyes rolling. But once I read about quick & easy detangling, minimal use of product, obedient curls etc. I figured it would pay off longterm. Time-wise, it definitely helps that some steps can be done overnight & others while multitasking around the house (it's basically a bunch of baggying). Today will be day 3 and it's getting easier already. I'm watching my hair transform into a new animal. It's kinda crazy. I see it as a 7day sacrifice that could change the rest of my natural hair journey. At least, that's what keeps me going! :lol: Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hmm I am double thinking the wash n go challenge vs setting to success. I really don't like wetting my hair daily especially in the cold. I can't find a reliable way to get multi hair day that looks good.

bronzephoenix

Hmm I am double thinking the wash n go challenge vs setting to success. I really don't like wetting my hair daily especially in the cold. I can't find a reliable way to get multi hair day that looks good.

Holll-Upp! (Martin Voice)

So you're just going to start this thread & dip out?? :lol:

Jk! Do what you must. You could also modify the rules to allow for styling breaks...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Joigirl

Hope you decide to continue.

bronzephoenix

Day two wng using CR Almond jai & Garnier pure clean gel.

Attachments

• image-3343459982.jpg
    image-3343459982.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 176

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Here is my wash n go for today. I used curls goddess curls & creme brûlée. I beginning to not like having my hair parted on the side my grey is show to much. I think I'm going to experiment with not wearing part. Only thing is I've always worn a part on my right side even when I was relaxed. I think it may be permanent

Attachments

• image-2414947222.jpg
    image-2414947222.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3592195765.jpg
    image-3592195765.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3473888486.jpg
    image-3473888486.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 106

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Holll-Upp! (Martin Voice)

So you're just going to start this thread & dip out?? :lol:

Jk! Do what you must. You could also modify the rules to allow for styling breaks...

Hope you decide to continue.

Napp I hope you decide to continue.

I decided to go on with the challenge! My rollerset poofed up the minute i went out side. Then i remembered why i ended up relaxing a few years ago. I dont have time for that! I need to invest in a diffuser.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Napp glad you are going to continue. I got my diffuser from bss for I think $5.99. I don't diffuse very often. I'm so afraid of getting heat damage. Although I will probably start using it once it get chilly.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
If it helps, I dry my wng's with a Ion Hooded dryer I got from Sally's. HTH!

I tried drying with my soft bonnet dryer and it keeps on ending up weird looking lol perhaps a hard hat dryer may be better but i just love the ease of my soft bonnet.

I bought a diffuser and some shea butter so i will try them out. I plan on trying the LCB moisturizing technique.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
My wash and go from yesterday. GF leave-in, avocado oil, WoC+yellow Eco Styler

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So I went to Walmart and ended up buying some new products. I got design essentials natural almond & avocado detangling leave-in conditioner and design essentials natural honey curlforming custard with honey and chamomile. I plan to use for my wash n go tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow. I know my mom uses some of their products but she doesn't wear her hair curly. Has anyone used any of design essentials products?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I may need to get a diffuser. I put my hair in an updo for the rest of week and today I realized the inside is still damp from this weekend! My hair takes forever to dry (low porosity).

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So I used my design essential products to do my wash n go. It's not dry yet, but I like it so far.

Attachments

• image-1997552693.jpg
    image-1997552693.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1100687044.jpg
    image-1100687044.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 133

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been doing wng's this past week. To "refreshen" the curls I wet my hair. However, every morning I have to use my hair dryer (salon type, hard shell); indirect heat. I use the dryer for about 5-10min

Do yall think it's ok? Will that damage the hair, using too much indirect heat?

Last edited:

MissMusic

I tried drying with my soft bonnet dryer and it keeps on ending up weird looking lol perhaps a hard hat dryer may be better but i just love the ease of my soft bonnet. I bought a diffuser and some shea butter so i will try them out. I plan on trying the LCB moisturizing technique.

I tried my soft bonnet dryer first and it just messed up my hard work, so I went and purchased a hard bonnet dryer.

bronzephoenix

I've been doing wng's this past week. To "refreshen" the curls I wet my hair. However, every morning I have to use my hair dryer (salon type, hard shell); indirect heat. I use the dryer for about 5-10min Do yall think it's ok? Will that damage the hair, using too much indirect heat?

I think as long as you're not using high heat & the air is distributed evenly, you should be fine. Heat damage caused by dryers usually needs to involve some tension. Just keep a close eye. At worst, your hair will probably feel a bit more "thirsty".

Joigirl

This week's WNG. My curls on top got smashed and are a little limp. Got to deal with it until Sunday. I wish I had uniform curls. As my hair grows out, the different patterns are more noticeable.

Attachments

• image-691688848.jpg
    image-691688848.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 176
  • image-301981330.jpg
    image-301981330.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 176
  • image-1480082826.jpg
    image-1480082826.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 172