image-1919130379.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

IronButterfly

Re: APL 2014 Challenge

1. Current hair length About and inch past collarbone
  2. Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning NATURAL
  3. Goal Month Whatever I can get!:lol:
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices Lots of Ayurvedic herbs/oils/techniques, minimal manipulation
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Keeping up a good diet, yoga, exercise and lots of water.

LdyKamz

I'm in. I may not make it but at least this will keep me serious about my regimen.

Current hair length: About NL

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural

Goal Month: Might not happen but I'll say Dec. 2014

Current Reggie and styling choices: Shampoo 1x a week, DC 2x a week, Moisturize as needed, Protein treatment last week of every month

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?: I'm planning on adding more fruits, veggies and water. And I have to try to get these darn vitamins in my body some way! I'm not sure if I'll add scalp massages because I'm lazy.

Post a beginning picture: I'll post a pic next DC day (Thursday)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I just cowashed my hair with Wen fig and then applied HH SCM shingle method. Applied KeraVada green tea oil on top and then applied Aunt Jackie curl la la over that. Letting it air dry.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Kim0105

Current hair length: SL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Transitioning to Texlax
Goal Month: June 2014
Current Reggie and styling choices: Shampoo 1x per week, DC 2x per week, low manipulation, no heat and alternating MN and sulphur on scalp.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? : Planning on getting my first sew in December.
Post a beginning picture:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 84

snoop

1. Current hair length SL
2. Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning Natural
3. Goal Month I’m going to give myself more time. Hoping to reach APL by April 2014.
4. Current Reggie and styling choices

Once a week:
Detangle and braid
Wash: Terressentals LCL; Mud Puddle Hair Wash
Condition: Giovanni 50:50

Daily:
Water only spritz or water/Giovanni Direct Leave-In with water spritz
Moisturize with homemade cream
Emu oil for edges

Style:
Go-to protective style is mini twists.

5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Have to do more to protect my ends. Winter is coming so I need to find a way to keep my hair extra moisturized.

Attachments

• 20131006_091605.jpg
    20131006_091605.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 106

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
1*] Current hair length: longest strand @ BSL
2*] Relaxed
3*] Goal Month: April 2014 - Full/Blunt APL
4*] Current Reggie
-Cleanse (black soap)
-Deep Condition
-Scarf Method to air

-Protective Styling (keep my hair up)
5*] What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Making sure I maintain healthy ends.
6*] Post a beginning picture: image-749986663.jpgimage-2497928378.jpgimage-2222643699.jpg

Last edited:

pearlific1

1*] Current hair length: BSL 2*] Relaxed 3*] Goal Month: April 2014 - Full/Blunt APL 4*] Current Reggie -Cleanse -Deep Condition -Scarf Method to air dry -Protective Styling What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Making sure I maintain healthy ends. Post a beginning picture (come morning)

TheEspressoHair you're currently Brastrap length and want to be APL by April '14???

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

on a separate note @yaya24

your skin is beautiful. Please share any secrets.

llan
Thanks!!!!

I try to drink at least 60oz of water a day, keep my stress levels to a minimum, take my vitamins and exfoliate at least 1x a week.

I'll share more if you want specifics. I do not really have a specific "body" skin regimen.. but I do have one for my face.

Stormy

Oh yeah, and I started with this pic below in July 2011:

Attachments

• Big Chop July 2011.jpg
    Big Chop July 2011.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 97

yuhlovevybz

*sigh*

Doesn't look like I'll be making it for 2013 but this year will be it! I hope. Current hair length: CBL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural
Goal Month: April
Current Reggie and styling choices: Cowash daily, shampoo once per week, bun.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?: I need to shampoo less and straighten less. I want to cut down straightening to 3 times a year, but since I'm single I tend to like to straighten it each time I go out. Can't seem to get into wigs. I also plan on cutting down on alchohol intake and quitting smoking for my overall health. Post a beginning picture (coming soon!) This was me last challenge: eta back shot for better measure

image-4188685087.jpg

image-2593991176.jpg

And here I am now.

image-1666582115.jpg

The biggest thing I wanna work on is my uneven layers

Last edited:

Stormy

Wow you've come a long way Stormy!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Thank you! Shoot, after seeing some ladies actually go from bald to SL in less time I started thinking maybe I'm just a slow grower. I believe I can reach my goal though by next summer.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Holding my spot again!

briana87

Definitely count me in!! :grin::grin:

Current hair length: crown = around EL; sides = chin length; back = shoulder length (my hair refuses to coordinate with itself!) :drunk::spinning:
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural (November 19 will make 2 years!!)
Goal Month: trying for December.
Current Reggie and styling choices:reggie: wash with shampoo (Suave) about once per month; co-wash (Suave) at least once per week; dc with coconut oil (as needed); LOC method (water+glycerin; grapeseed or olive oil; cantu leave in conditioner)
styles: finger coils; twists; twist outs; anything else I see on youtube that I can successfully attempt

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? I plan to listen to my hair. That's one of the most important things I've learned over the past 2 years. If my hair doesn't like it I just don't do it! I may do some protective styles, not sure yet. I definitely plan to incoroporate lots of moisture. Also I am trying to better my eating habits (more fruits, veggies, and water; less processed foods)
Post a beginning picture picture to come later today

chassiecrane

I'm in, I was at APL and then had to chop off four inches of damaged ends (I know, I know, I really need to start sealing)
1. Back at collarbone length
2. Completely natural
3. August 2014
4. Starting a new reggie come 2014 which will include
  • washing with Teressentials
  • Sealing with castor oil/shea butter
  • braiding hair using the Deep Moisture Method
  • Protective styling (crochet braids, wigs, weave- I don't discriminate)
5. I plan to actually seal my hair
6. Picture to come

prettybyrd

So I've been wet bunning this week - and I love it. It's nice to be able to pull my hair back. again. It's crazy to think that I had a TWA in March now my hair is reaching my neck/shoulders. come on APL!

alanaturelle

Thanks for the tag. I'm still hoping to be APL this year. If not, then I'll join in December. Happy Healthy Hair Journey.