2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
1 Cor 3:13

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Lord, I love this scripture... it's timing, so 'on' time!

I had to come back to read it again...double impact!

Thanks again, Precious Leigh. :giveheart:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139: 13-14

Precious Wavy:

Such a precious Beauty of Life ... the sweet baby in your picture.

Thank you for placing such warmth of God's life and love in my heart.

:bighug:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
What does seeking God mean to you? I feel like I need to do more than reading the Bible and attending church services. I feel like I'm missing that closeness with God that I can only have when I truly surrender to him and his will. It's like I can't feel him and I know he's there, I miss that feeling but I'll keep pushing and studying his word until I feel him once again.

Avidprayer

This has been on my heart since yesterday... Hard work is unavoidable. In order to fulfill our call, and the vision that God has for our lives we must work hard. If I'm going to be independent I can't be lazy, I can't remain inconsistent..... I have to work diligently to go where I'm supposed to.

AtlantaJJ

I wish we had more dialogue here. I know there are some strong sisters here in God. I miss Iwanthealthy67. The process of being cleansed isn't easy. I'm fully awake now and it feels so new. I love the body of Christ. Not just my church folks. I am however loving that I can be open and others are open and it's not seen as being weak or not being holy. I have never seen men so sold for Christ nor have I seen them open enough to cry on the stage. I'm getting comfortable in my season and where I have been placed. A season isn't a life time.
GoddessMaker
:) You might as well start studying Scriptures on obedience and get yourself right in the middle of Abba Father's will. He will not except anything less, thankfully for our sake!
Abba Father is merciful, kind and patient, however He is not allowing me to have any comfort what-so-ever keeping one foot in the world, and the other foot in His Kingdom. This is not a comfortable place to be.at.all. I'm working on obedience, getting better by the day.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I hear you.. lol.. well, that Jolt came straight from the pulpit this past Sunday and has been resonating with me, too, Shimmie. Praise God for His Word, which cannot be contained!

:thud:

Dear Lord! I love this!

Thank you Laela. You never fail to put Holy Jolt in my spirit.

Are you hearing me, precious sister? I mean it!

LifeafterLHCF

I got a call today from one of my brothers in Christ. It was so awesome to me. I have never seen anyone go out of there way at a church to say hey your loved beloved and I'm praying for you. It was great to share and edify one another. God is great so great I can't even tell it if I tried. God is breaking me up from thinking if a person has money they have it all. He pretty much was like look I know out Dallas campus is pretty much rich White folks who look like they are perfect. But you just don't know the half. I have always felt like I had to do something great in order to be liked or chatted with. Now I really am seeing that is not the case.

Jesus is love and I'm getting it. God sent his son to die for me and it's a gift of grace. A gift a I can't earn or deserve. I always feel like I have to earn love and it's great to know that if no one loves me God does seriously. Hope no one feelsl they are unloved.

How would you live life you knew it really and knew God was right there the whole time?

Nice Lady

It's a sad day when you find out someone who doesn't want to be like God created them to be and wants to be in your shadow...literally. That's why it pays to be who you are...

When you discover that you so admired, love yourself so much even more so because there is someone trying to be a carbon copy of you even if it doesn't come across in a positive manner. Random thoughts, but one summation:

Last edited:

LoveisYou

This has been on my heart since yesterday... Hard work is unavoidable. In order to fulfill our call, and the vision that God has for our lives we must work hard. If I'm going to be independent I can't be lazy, I can't remain inconsistent..... I have to work diligently to go where I'm supposed to.

Nothing but the truth right here. That's why I strongly believe we must be in tune with what God wants us to do because when you are walking in your purpose the work is fulfilling

Last edited:

Laela

Matthew 23:12
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

It's truly a sad day when any of of us thinks they're the only one who can hear from God, that they feel the need to constantly debase another. What is so positive about being so negative? Until you come to your own resolve, you'll be enslaved to your own bitterness. I'm not standing in your way...you are.

I'll continue to be more like Christ, He's the perfect example to follow. No one else. :yep:

MrsHaseeb

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

It's truly a sad day when any of of us thinks they're the only one who can hear from God, that they feel the need to constantly debase another. What is so positive about being so negative? Until you come to your own resolve, you'll be enslaved to your own bitterness. I'm not standing in your way...you are.

I'll continue to be more like Christ, He's the perfect example to follow. No one else. :yep:

I love this Laela. To be a tad transparent, this was an area, although subtle, in my life that I got sharp rebuke for. God resists the proud. I'd rather his rebuke than his resistance any day.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

auparavant

I got a call today from one of my brothers in Christ. It was so awesome to me. I have never seen anyone go out of there way at a church to say hey your loved beloved and I'm praying for you. It was great to share and edify one another. God is great so great I can't even tell it if I tried.

You seem to have found the perfect church!!! I'm happy for you.:yep:

PinkPebbles

The thanks button was not enough. Thank you.

I've been reading and studying the attitudes of the Pharisees and the bolded is exactly how they acted. This is what you call self-righteousness that turns people away rather than drawing them to God.

Nice Lady

God speaks to His children and we walk in love when we do the commandments of the Lord. So, in general, as His children, we have to be careful of people saying they hear from God and its false prophecies, convoluted mess, and wild daydreams. The Pharisees and religious folk hold people to standards that they never fulfill or don't live out. We can't tell others to do something and we don't follow it!

When God speaks, he speaks to you through your own language--it won't be via hearsay! It will be with specific instructions that yield results and to your destiny. He speaks through any dialect of any region. He's a global God. It is a glorious day when His Children Hear His Voice. Thank you Jesus! It brings freedom.

Last edited:

Laela

Girl, I've had to deal with my pride on that level as well... One thing I'm glad to know is His Word is a double-edged sword, that cuts and heals at once. We can't be put to shame, because we trust the work He is doing in us. Good to see God at work in this thread.... :yep:

I love this Laela. To be a tad transparent, this was an area, although subtle, in my life that I got sharp rebuke for. God resists the proud. I'd rather his rebuke than his resistance any day.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

LoveisYou

Amen! I know someone who is extremely judgmental to the point that I sometimes wanted to ask her if she remembered where she was before Christ's love saved her......only to get convicted that I was guilty of the same because I was constantly judging this person instead of praying for her! I also have my areas of weakness and God still shows me mercy. There I was caught up in my pride.

Thanks for posting.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord thank you for keeping my mind and heart last night. As I continue reading my book Redemption I am constantly being dealt with on all sides. Thankfully for a loving Father and doctors. Things I'm reading here grieves my heart. Why are we so hard on one another and why do we not edify each others. Our God if it's that one believes in God is great and there is no shame,lack,or ugliness about him. We are to be the image of Christ therefore we should have the same. Thankful and praying for the body of Christ. When one is hurt the whole body is hurt.

HeChangedMyName

My God is so awesome. He love me. . . .little ole me, the sinner, saved only by grace. He gives me favor. He blesses me abundantly when I don't deserve it according to my works. He is building my faith through tests that are building my testimony. Jesus I thank you for believing in me.

LifeafterLHCF

Thank God that his love never fails,never gives up and doesn't run out on me. This is from a song. I would sing but God said to make a joyful noise. About to venture in a new season at church by going through AA for sinners. This may cause some post. Pray I can go through as the devil certainly wants me to remain in bondage to pride,pain,and abnormal behavior. The devil wants me to remain in constant warfare with God and the gospel.

Nice & Wavy

2 Peter 1:5-7
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

I'm glad that God's righteousness is a Gift and not a work of the flesh. We are able to persevere to the end because God, who is Love, lives in us.
Yes, yes, yes!!!

"Never doubt in the valley what you'd heard on the mountaintop"
:yay: :yay:

Precious Wavy:

Such a precious Beauty of Life ... the sweet baby in your picture.

Thank you for placing such warmth of God's life and love in my heart.

You are more than welcome, sis :love3:

Love you my friend! :love2:

Staying focused on this Rhema Word.
Amen, sis...love ya! :love3:

Iwanthealthyhair67

so happy to read that all IS well, Amen:grin:

congratulations and may the peace of God rest on you and your family always.

Such a precious gift my Father's given to me... :) Baby Aria (@Shimmie) was born last Friday. We are both well thanks be to God. Thank you ladies that prayed for me and my little one, God bless you!

(L&D story and pic of bubba is in the Preg & Motherhood Forum)

LifeafterLHCF

Lord what else is wrong with me? You have pulled up idols,now pride,what else? Everything feels so heavy. I have to really make sure I'm not feeling condemned because I know that isn't of God period.

Also I read some articles and I just don't feel any relation to them. Some sound so sappy or overkill. Not everything is outlawed. But I know for some certain things brings things out. Please pray for me while I go through as I will continue to pray for the body here.