2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

I got my hug I got my hug. I could cry right now. I squeezed that poor man. The pastor was like I'm glad your here Goddessmaker. That almost had a sister about to tear up. Then the recovery session was so raw. I mean I thought I was the only one feeling horrid that I'm fat,single,poor,in debt etc and many are dealing with the same on top of the past abuse. The human experience is wow. I'm glad I'm able to go there now and have a place to share with people who are going through and I don't feel so bad that they don't look like me. They thought I was very pretty and strong.

I hope this place doesn't become a horrid ground. So much encouragement has come through here. Please let's keep peace and softness.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
brg240 .. that story is too cute.... Reminds me of me and my lil niece, the spitting image of me as well. It's uncanny, your experience, so I'm glad you felt you could share it here! You never know who is blessed by that story... it's the lil things have greatest impact. Stay blessed!~

LifeafterLHCF

I can finally cry without anyone looking at me. Right now the song of my youth keeps playing in my head. Maybe the closing prayer that Pastor Brady mentioned help me to remember that you love me like me personally. I don't know why this is so hard for me to believe and why it's like the hugest gap for me. But yes Jesus loves me because the bible tells me so. He wouldn't have died such a horrid death if he didn't have love for me. He knew the ratchet person I would become and all the horrid things that would happen to me. But what a mighty God we serve. The child of the most high God.

I don't know if this may encourage,excite,or open anyone but this was shown tonight in service.

http://youtu.be/yzqTFNfeDnE

Laela

I love how when a 'door' closes, God has another wide open...He always provides a way of escape... the Door He opens, no man can shut. ...Thanking Him today for opportunites at home and at work..I'm ready!

LifeafterLHCF

I know folks are going to get tired of me but please be gentle with one another. Something happened today that really opened my eyes to someone. We may be able to help folks but don't get so high and mighty that your past a issue or never experienced that you cut folks down. I had to tell someone I don't need you attempting to help by fueling my own beatings. She laughed but it's serious. I already feel like a bother to most esp in my church because I'm black. I already feel scared to reach out to people even here. So to hear someone say oh why can't you just do it by yourself or why do you need support you should be able to handle it on your own. I felt like slapping her and crying all at the same time. This is the reason I'm so jacked up now trying to do it alone. Thank God for mercy and opening my eyes.

auparavant

From "Daily Devotions"

Twenty-five years after the Great Earthquake appeared the next sign mentioned in Revelation 6:12,--the darkening of the sun and moon. What rendered this more striking was the fact that the time of its fulfillment had been definitely pointed out. In the Saviour's conversation with his disciples upon Olivet, after describing the long period of trial for the church--the 1260 years of papal persecution, concerning which he had promised that the tribulation should be shortened--he thus mentioned certain events to precede his coming, and fixed the time when the first of these should be witnessed: "In those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light." Mark 13:24. The 1260 days, or years, terminated in 1798. A quarter of a century earlier, persecution had almost wholly ceased. Between these two dates, according to the words of Christ, the sun was to be darkened.

On the 19th of May, 1780, this prophecy was fulfilled. It was not an eclipse. Timothy Dwight says, "The 19th of May, 1780, was a remarkable dark day. Candles were lighted in many houses; the birds were silent and disappeared, and the fowls retired to roost. ... A very general opinion prevailed, that the day of judgment was at hand." Quoted in Connecticut Historical Collections, compiled by John Warner Barber (2nd ed.; New Haven: Durrie & Peck and J.W. Barber, 1836) p. 403. For further commentary on this event please continue reading.

The Dark Day
"Almost if not altogether alone as the most mysterious and as yet unexplained phenomenon of its kind, . . . stands the dark day of May 19, 1780,--a most unaccountable darkening of the whole visible heavens and atmosphere in New England." That the darkness was not due to an eclipse is evident from the fact that the moon was then nearly full. It was not caused by clouds, or the thickness of the atmosphere, for in some localities where the darkness extended, the sky was so clear that the stars could be seen. Concerning the inability of science to assign a satisfactory cause for this manifestation, Herschel the astronomer declares: "The dark day in North America was one of those wonderful phenomena of nature which philosophy is at a loss to explain."

"The extent of the darkness was also very remarkable. It was observed at the most easterly regions of New England; westward, to the farthest part of Connecticut, and at Albany, N. Y.; to the southward, it was observed all along the sea coast; and to the north, as far as the American settlements extended. It probably far exceeded those boundaries, but the exact limits were never positively known. With regard to its duration, it continued in the neighborhood of Boston for at least fourteen or fifteen hours."

"The morning was clear and pleasant, but about eight o'clock there was observed an uncommon appearance in the sun. There were no clouds, but the air was thick, having a smoky appearance, and the sun shone with a pale, yellowish hue, but kept growing darker and darker, until it was hid from sight." There was "midnight darkness at noonday."

"The occurrence brought intense alarm and distress to multitudes of minds, as well as dismay to the whole brute creation, the fowls fleeing bewildered to their roosts, and the birds to their nests, and the cattle returning to their stalls." Frogs and night hawks began their notes. The cocks crew as at daybreak. Farmers were forced to leave their work in the fields. Business was generally suspended, and candles were lighted in the dwellings. "The Legislature of Connecticut was in session at Hartford, but being unable to transact business adjourned. Everything bore the appearance and gloom of night."

The intense darkness of the day was succeeded, an hour or two before evening, by a partially clear sky, and the sun appeared, though it was still obscured by the black, heavy mist. But "this interval was followed by a return of the obscuration with greater density, that rendered the first half of the night hideously dark beyond all former experience of the probable million of people who saw it. From soon after sunset until midnight, no ray of light from moon or star penetrated the vault above. It was pronounced 'the blackness of darkness!'" Said an eye-witness of the scene: "I could not help conceiving, at the time, that if every luminous body in the universe had been shrouded in impenetrable darkness, or struck out of existence, the darkness could not have been more complete." Though the moon that night rose to the full, "it had not the least effect to dispel the death-like shadows." After midnight the darkness disappeared, and the moon, when first visible, had the appearance of blood.

The poet Whittier thus speaks of this memorable day:--

"'Twas on a May-day of the far old year
Seventeen hundred eighty, that there fell
Over the bloom and sweet life of the spring,
Over the fresh earth, and the heaven of noon,
A horror of great darkness."
"Men prayed, and women wept; all ears grew sharp
To hear the doom-blast of the trumpet shatter
The black sky."

May 19, 1780, stands in history as "The Dark Day." Since the time of Moses, no period of darkness of equal density, extent, and duration has ever been recorded. The description of this event, as given by the poet and the historian, is but an echo of the words of the Lord, recorded by the prophet Joel, twenty-five hundred years previous to their fulfillment: "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come." Joel 2:31.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^^Question:

How is that a fulfillment of the prophecy? Wouldn't it have been more specific in scripture as to name the region or country? There are countless events that occur in various places in the world that are similar yet I find it interesting that this only occurred in the U.S. and not worldwide. The scriptures are not speaking to one audience and one region as in, only the U.S. or is that actually the belief??? I've heard in the past some comparisons to the bear and other imagery in scripture as referring to specific countries.

Nice & Wavy

People changing the bible to suit their sin, blasphemy....:nono:. Jesus will soon return.....:yep:

http://www.catholic.org/photos/photo.php?news=48965

Homosexual group publishes the 'Queen James Bible'

Group openly changed scripture to suit their needs.

Don't like the Bible? Well, you could just create your own version. At least that's what a homosexual group has done. The world's first "gay friendly" Bible [book] has been published as the "Queen James Bible."

The Queen James Bible.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online)- The Queen James Bible seeks to legitimize the homosexual equivalency movement by changing the language of the Bible. Multiple verses throughout the book have been rewritten so they read in a fashion different from their original intent.

According to the group behind the publication, the anti-homosexual prohibitions in Scripture are a modern addition. They point out that the word "homosexual" did not appear in the Bible until 1946.

The website promoting the book says, "The Queen James Bible resolves any homophobic interpretations of the Bible, but the Bible is still filled with inequality and even contradiction that we have not addressed... No Bible is perfect, including this one. We wanted to make a book filled with the word of God that nobody could use to incorrectly condemn God's LGBT children, and we succeeded."

Unfortunately, what they have succeeded in doing is misrepresenting the word of God. Nowhere in Scripture does God condemn any of his children who come to him in loving faith. What scripture does condemn are specific immoral acts, including sexual congress outside the context of marriage which can only exist between one man and one woman.

The claim that the Bible is imperfect is simply a postmodern assessment, the well-known byproduct of a bankrupt worldview.

In addition to changing scriptures throughout the Bible, the authors of the book claim that King James I was bisexual, despite the fact there is no concrete historical evidence to verify this. Even if it were true, it would have no effect on the veracity Scripture, since King James I merely commissioned the popular English translation. The actual work was done by clergy.

We will not cite here, the perverse translations generated by a group that endeavors to use Holy Scripture to promote a secular, sexualized agenda.

It is not expected that this book will catch on anytime soon, even in the homosexual community.

© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.

brg240

thanks @loolalooh and @Laela. How neat that it reminded you both of your neices. Does your neice look like you too Loolah? Glad it brought you a smile :)

@Nice & Wavy She was too precious. I'm thinking of trying the 2-3 year olds but maybe I'll stay with the little ones.

@DaiseeDay I was too startled. lol that wasn't my thought then now that you mention it :look: :lol:

So I listened to Jaci Velasquez' Speak for Me today. (I felt like listening to some songs from when I was younger.) It truly is a beautiful song/prayer. I think I'm going to write it down and pray a modified version. I'm going to need to dig out my old cds.

I heard of the queen James bible. :(

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

thanks @loolalooh and @Laela. How neat that it reminded you both of your neices. Does your neice look like you too Loolah? Glad it brought you a smile :)

@Nice & Wavy She was too precious. I'm thinking of trying the 2-3 year olds but maybe I'll stay with the little ones.

@DaiseeDay I was too startled. lol that wasn't my thought then now that you mention it :look: :lol:

So I listened to Jaci Velasquez' Speak for Me today. (I felt like listening to some songs from when I was younger.) It truly is a beautiful song/prayer. I think I'm going to right it down and pray a modified version. I'm going to need to dig out my old cds.

I heard of the queen James bible. :(
You are precious too :love3: I'm glad you are staying with the babies...:bighug:

I haven't heard about Jaci Velasquez in years...you brought back memories:yep:.

re: queen james bible....these people are so ignorant to the truth:nono:

brg240

You are precious too :love3: I'm glad you are staying with the babies...:bighug:

I haven't heard about Jaci Velasquez in years...you brought back memories:yep:.

re: queen james bible....these people are so ignorant to the truth:nono:
Aww thanks, you are too. :) You always say things to brighten someone's day. Even through the screen I can see God working through you.

I loved her so much growing up. She has a radio show now, but I always listen to klove in the morning so i miss it. I had a chance to see her a couple years ago I regret not taking advantage of the opportunity.

It makes me sad for the people that will be misled and for the people that are doing the misleading.

Nice & Wavy

Aww thanks, you are too. :) You always say things to brighten someone's day. Even through the screen I can see God working through you. Thank you...you are so sweet :kiss:

I loved her so much growing up. She has a radio show now, but I always listen to klove in the morning so i miss it. I had a chance to see her a couple years ago I regret not taking advantage of the opportunity. I did not know that she had a radio show...how cool is that! The opportunity will come around again...the Lord gives us the desires of our heart:yep:

It makes me sad for the people that will be misled and for the people that are doing the misleading.
I know...unfortunately, its only going to get worse...I just pray that they will repent before its too late.

Pooks

No wonder the Bible said 'woe unto them that give suck in those [end time] days'. Sometimes I really do ponder on this awful, depraved, deceptive world my precious child is being born into.... Jesus help us.... Help us to be the few that have not and will not stain our garments. LORD!

Nice & Wavy

No wonder the Bible said 'woe unto them that give suck in those [end time] days'. Sometimes I really do ponder on this awful, depraved, deceptive world my precious child is being born into.... Jesus help us.... Help us to be the few that have not and will not stain our garments. LORD!
Yes...you are so right! We are living in the end times for sure. We need His help....He must be our fortress and high tower that we can run to in this hour...Lord, help us indeed:nono:

Laela

Great way for a parent to explain sin to their child:

"Take this rule: whatever weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off your relish of spiritual things; in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind, that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself."

-- Susanna Wesley (Letter, June 8, 1725)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thanks Shimmie! :)

We are going to keep her name to our chests just a little longer, they're not 110% watertight yet.

I can't help but admire how wonderful and loving you are as a mother and wife. Here you are taking taking full care of your baby during your entire pregnancy with so much devotion... I can only imagine how much more nuture and life you will be giving your babygirl once she comes into this world...for you gave her life from the moment of conception.

Pooks, you are a hallmark and blessing to motherhood and marriage. You make God smile, for you are what He has planned for humanity.

What a blessing you are. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
I need a hug!!!! I have been needing a hug for a long time. Like I'm tired of holding it all in. I'm making myself crazy and tired. I hate this feeling. I may just hug one of the pastors tomorrow. It's not for you it's for me. I haven't been touched in a long time and part is because I haven't allowed it. I need a hug since I feel so alone and so overwhelmed with changes I need to make in my poor pathetic life right now. Things that should be admirable like trying to stop cursing is seen as crazy. Wanting more for myself is seen as doing too much. I just want to scream. Pray I get a hug tomorrow ladies I really need it. And hug someone today not your boo but someone who is down on their luck and out like me.

GoddessMaker...

:bighug: :love3: :flowers: :love3: :bighug:

You are loved Precious One...

:bighug:

BostonMaria

Finding internal peace with myself is sometimes hard to do. Thank you Holy Spirit for being my comforter and guide.

Off topic: redecouvert if you read this please open your PMs. I can't answer your messages!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Blackpearl1993

People changing the bible to suit their sin, blasphemy....:nono:. Jesus will soon return.....:yep:

Don't like the Bible? Well, you could just create your own version. At least that's what a homosexual group has done. The world's first "gay friendly" Bible [book] has been published as the "Queen James Bible."

The Queen James Bible.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online)- The Queen James Bible seeks to legitimize the homosexual equivalency movement by changing the language of the Bible. Multiple verses throughout the book have been rewritten so they read in a fashion different from their original intent.

According to the group behind the publication, the anti-homosexual prohibitions in Scripture are a modern addition. They point out that the word "homosexual" did not appear in the Bible until 1946.

The website promoting the book says, "The Queen James Bible resolves any homophobic interpretations of the Bible, but the Bible is still filled with inequality and even contradiction that we have not addressed... No Bible is perfect, including this one. We wanted to make a book filled with the word of God that nobody could use to incorrectly condemn God's LGBT children, and we succeeded."

Unfortunately, what they have succeeded in doing is misrepresenting the word of God. Nowhere in Scripture does God condemn any of his children who come to him in loving faith. What scripture does condemn are specific immoral acts, including sexual congress outside the context of marriage which can only exist between one man and one woman.

The claim that the Bible is imperfect is simply a postmodern assessment, the well-known byproduct of a bankrupt worldview.

In addition to changing scriptures throughout the Bible, the authors of the book claim that King James I was bisexual, despite the fact there is no concrete historical evidence to verify this. Even if it were true, it would have no effect on the veracity Scripture, since King James I merely commissioned the popular English translation. The actual work was done by clergy.

We will not cite here, the perverse translations generated by a group that endeavors to use Holy Scripture to promote a secular, sexualized agenda.

It is not expected that this book will catch on anytime soon, even in the homosexual community.

What a disgusting perversion of God's holy word. A true abomination :nono::nono:

Shimmie

Staff member

The Queen James Bible.

"Queen James Version" :nono:

Sick, Distorted, and total satanism...

I'm speaking of those who wrote this and those who promote it.

Father God, in the Name of Jesus, you will not be mocked nor disrespected.

I pray for the gays who are seeking God with a pure heart and truly want to be free and not sin against God.

I pray for those who are victims of this confusion and that the enemy cannot keep them bound. Father set them free.

I pray that they shall be as God has such created them to be, full male, full female, there is no inbetween.

I bind and rebuke the spirit of darkness from their lives in the name of Jesus.

Father God, I pray that you remove the 'stumbling blocks', the firewalls of death and destruction, those who are spreading and keeping them bound and deceiving them into thinking that this lifestyle is acceptable, for it is not; that this lifestyle is respectable, for it is not, that you validate this lifestyle, for you do not.

Protect 'our' children; defeat, confound, consume the acts of those who are influencing children with this fracture of their souls.

Father remove the government's instruments and render them without power to overrule your standard and Holiness. They can choose to 'bow' or to burn. You are a loving God who has no ought to destroy, but you will protect those who choose you and honour you, and allow and empower them to rule over the wickedness that has plagued this land.

In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen and Amen.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

What a disgusting perversion of God's holy word. A true abomination :nono::nono:
Yes indeed:nono:

"Queen James Version" :nono:

Sick, Distorted, and total satanism...

I'm speaking of those who wrote this and those who promote it.

Father God, in the Name of Jesus, you will not be mocked nor disrespected.

I pray for the gays who are seeking God with a pure heart and truly want to be free and not sin against God.

I pray for those who are victims of this confusion and that the enemy cannot keep them bound. Father set them free.

I pray that they shall be as God has such created them to be, full male, full female, there is no inbetween.

I bind and rebuke the spirit of darkness from their lives in the name of Jesus.

Father God, I pray that you remove the 'stumbling blocks', the firewalls of death and destruction, those who are spreading and keeping them bound and deceiving them into thinking that this lifestyle is acceptable, for it is not; that this lifestyle is respectable, for it is not, that you validate this lifestyle, for you do not.

Protect 'our' children; defeat, confound, consume the acts of those who are influencing children with this fracture of their souls.

Father remove the government's instruments and render them without power to overrule your standard and Holiness. They can choose to 'bow' or to burn. You are a loving God who has no ought to destroy, but you will protect those who choose you and honour you, and allow them to rule and the wickedness that has plagued this land.

In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen and Amen.
Amen, I'm in agreement:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Blackpearl1993

@ Nice & Wavy, Shimmie, Laela:

This may be off topic a bit but I knew you ladies would see my question here:

I was looking into purchasing the Westminster Shorter Catechism. We want to go through this as a family with our children (they are 4 and 6) along with our nightly bible study. Do any of you have some insight on this? Is there a companion book for children to make it easier for them to understand? I appreciate your help.

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy, Shimmie, Laela:

This may be off topic a bit but I knew you ladies would see my question here:

I was looking into purchasing the Westminster Shorter Catechism. We want to go through this as a family with our children (they are 4 and 6) along with our nightly bible study. Do any of you have some insight on this? Is there a companion book for children to make it easier for them to understand? I appreciate your help.

Hi Blackpearl1993...

I don't have much to share; I hope this helps: :love2:

http://www.gcp.org/Products/CategoryCenter/PREPK/free-samples.aspx

What I like when reading the information about the WSC....is it's purpose:

I. It is the duty of Christians to be settled in the doctrine of faith.

II. The best way for Christians to be settled is to be well grounded.

I need to read more about the WSC study guides...:yep:

Your post is such a blessing. As you and your husband are doing this very thing for and with your children; getting them well grounded in the faith of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I found something else for children.

http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/featured/wodnerful-bible-study-for-kids/

Whatever it takes to sow God's Word into the hearts of our children...

This is the 'armour' to shield our children in this corrupt world; 'dressing them inside and out with the Word of God in family studies.

You're wondeful parents for any child to follow after. Children live what we teach... your children's lives are rich indeed.

I hope my post is clear ... we're not too long getting home. I wanted to respond before it got too late. :Rose:

Last edited: