Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braidqueen

I'm thinking about mixing MN with Sulphur8. Anyone using this currently? Also because my crown is SO short my braids in that section slips out if I wash my hair but my hair smells cause I have extensions with my braids. Anyone know if dry shampoos will help with the smell?

jprayze

braidqueen I wish I could help with your questions...maybe someone else can chime in. It's harder to find answers without the search function.

deedoswell

I'm thinking about mixing MN with Sulphur8. Anyone using this currently? Also because my crown is SO short my braids in that section slips out if I wash my hair but my hair smells cause I have extensions with my braids. Anyone know if dry shampoos will help with the smell?

I don't know about braids and dry shampoos but I can tell you that last year I was using MN and Sulfur8 and it did work on growth for my hair. Question, why not just hide your hair in wigs until your crown grows back?

jprayze

Hey ladies, I massaged the MN in all over, followed up with a little grapeseed oil and JBCO on my edges (they are a little thinner than I like), and put my hair into high bun. I tied a satin scarf around it...I'm feeling good.

SN: I may be doing an informal length check soon, if I decide to straighten this weekend...I usually do the length check a few days afterwards once the curls have fallen and my hair is relatively straight...will keep up posted!

jessicarabbit

braidqueen
i agree with the previous deedoswell, maybe you should try wigs/half wigs til you grow out your crown because ive read somewhere that dry shampoos are a complete no no for the hair.
this way, you could have better access to your hair to cleanse it regularly while using the mn mix.

jprayze

Just a morning thought-- I think the important part is to make MN just one part of your healthy hair regimen. I think your whole regimen needs to be on point and then when you add MN to it, it works really well. I'm still trying to iron out my regimen, but I've made great strides, thanks to everything I've learned on LHCF about what works and doesn't work for for my hair.

Evolving78

i have been applying my mixture for the past 3 days. i have been able to give myself some nice scalp massages too. seems like i got a good reggi going on as well. i am so glad my hair is turning around for the better. i needed to use MN anyway, i kinda had some scalp burns from my last touchup, so it is helping with that as well. i just know i will not be self relaxing anymore and i want to switch from Mizani.

braidqueen

@braidqueen
i agree with the previous deedoswell, maybe you should try wigs/half wigs til you grow out your crown because ive read somewhere that dry shampoos are a complete no no for the hair.
this way, you could have better access to your hair to cleanse it regularly while using the mn mix.

Hey I'm not the braidqueen for no reason. I can REALLy rock braids. I have small slim features and I make a wig LOOK like a wig because of this. I don't even get sow-ins or wear my own hair down with bangs because those styles seem to swallow my face.

But thank you for the heads up on the shampoo

braidqueen

I don't know about braids and dry shampoos but I can tell you that last year I was using MN and Sulfur8 and it did work on growth for my hair. Question, why not just hide your hair in wigs until your crown grows back?

Thank you very much. I'll buy my sulfur8 tomorrow.

deedoswell

Hey I'm not the braidqueen for no reason. I can REALLy rock braids. I have small slim features and I make a wig LOOK like a wig because of this. I don't even get sow-ins or wear my own hair down with bangs because those styles seem to swallow my face.

But thank you for the heads up on the shampoo

I understand. I have a small face (so I've been told) and anytime I put on a wig it doesn't look right on me but my daughters can wear them and NO one can tell it is a wig. Maybe some of the braid ladies can help with suggestions?

sheanu

Does the unscented sulfur 8 really not smell? I want to buy some today to mix with MN but I HATE the smell of Sulfur 8!

Skyfall

hey when you mix it with coconut oil which solidifies at room temperature, is ok to heat it under running water?

Mznelly

I want to try this challenge but I refuse to pay 14 dollars for vag cream lol

Where are you ladies buying your cream from?

sheanu

Henna'd overnight, dc'd this morning then braided and applied my sulfur 8-mn mix this morning. Y'all weren't kidding bout that tingle! ^_^
Thanks ladies

jprayze

Mznelly said:
I want to try this challenge but I refuse to pay 14 dollars for vag cream lol

Where are you ladies buying your cream from?

Mznelly try your dollar stores first- dollar tree, family dollar and dollar general.

I definitely get the generic... Last time I got in from rite aid, I think for $10 but it has lasted for about a month and I still have some. I just use a little.

Eta: there's a link earlier in the thread to order from amazon.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Following this Challenge!:grin:

I got mine from Kroger for about $5.19. They also had some for $4.79 or something like that (Kroger brand). I'm sure CVS, Walgreen, etc...have their own Generic Brand for a 'decent' price.

I recently got the Amazon order. A box of 6 for like $14 bucks.:yep:

DivaJones

Saturday May 5, 2012 I have Singalese twist put in, I will be applying my mn by melting my SheaButter Mix and adding it to my scalp!

braidqueen

hey when you mix it with coconut oil which solidifies at room temperature, is ok to heat it under running water?

LOL Where do you live and how cold is it there cause coconut oil is NEVER solid at room temperature cause I can always slip my fingers right in. Hmmm maybe I'm the one who's weird. Now that I think about it 85 degrees may not be everyone's normal day. MY BAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.