2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

I so wish we here could be more linked. I know we have prayer time and loolalooh should be doing some bible study about now but I yearn for a deeper sense of connection with sisters in Christ. I was speaking to a member and I loved how at her church they have something called 12 which is 12 sisters or brothers no co-ed group and you all help one another. I want to believe so strongly that our God is able and that we as the body can grow and dig deeper. We can put aside foolish traditions and stop worrying and start praying and then going a step farther and start doing.

We can't pray and do nothing. We must make our request known then start the work. It doesn't have to be big steps but baby steps. You want to change your life ok hit those knees,get up and get a notebook and write. It could mean cutting Pookie from up the street out,stop drinking,start purifying yourself,start eating right,being more dedicated to the work your doing etc.

Your situation doesn't have to derail your future. Your past is that past. Live now but you can always look at past victories to fuel you while you go through. I know I may sound crazy but I wish I could talk to folks. I'm finally at a point in my life after depression that I want to cultivate relationships. I know it may be too late for some bc my track record proceeds me a bit but I desire something more. I wish I could develop here since I am on this site more than anything. Off to read on self development.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I LOVE this! Thank you....

And eastern "blackrobe" came to speak to give the homily to the school mass last Friday and although it was not "new," it was somewhat of an eyeopener. Have rock-solid faith and believe that all what you ask for is done. Simple as that.

What are the 5 problems people experience in the road of life?

Fear

Anger

Insecurities

Trouble

Hate

but if you put the first letters together, FAITH helps you get over those rocks in the road.

Matthew 11: 22-26

• 22And Jesus answering, saith to them: Have the faith of God.
    23Amen I say to you, that whosoever shall say to this mountain, Be thou removed and be cast into the sea, and shall not stagger in his heart, but believe, that whatsoever he saith shall be done; it shall be done unto him.
    24Therefore I say unto you, all things, whatsoever you ask when ye pray, believe that you shall receive; and they shall come unto you.
    25And when you shall stand to pray, forgive, if you have aught against any man; that your Father also, who is in heaven, may forgive you your sins.
    26But if you will not forgive, neither will your Father that is in heaven, forgive you your sins.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
GoddessMaker, your posts are minstering to me today. Today's church sermon was about doing more for God, not just attending service once a week but coming to Bible study and joining a ministry. I have made my requests known and now it's time for me to do my part. Thank you Lord for sending this message to me in so many ways today. I don't care what anyone says, sisterhood is alive and well on LHCF.

LifeafterLHCF

luving me
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=15708

thank you but it's God. All I do is try to be obedient. I get nervous at times posting stuff here esp in this section bc it's open to the world. But with that I think back on how I finally said I wanted to be dues paid member bc of the lovely @Shimmie and her unapologetic approach to God. If I can be used to encourage,motivate or minster to at least one then I have done what I'm was born to do.

We should do a sister type accountable partner thing. I don't know how many would be interested but it's time to stop wondering why God why and say I'm working and prepared for what is next. The word says we are to be on guard and be ready bc we never know when the master is going to come home.

Last edited:

sidney

luving me
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=15708

thank you but it's God. All I do is try to be obedient. I get nervous at times posting stuff here esp in this section bc it's open to the world. But with that I think back on how I finally said I wanted to be dues paid member bc of the lovely @Shimmie and her unapologetic approach to God. If I can be used to encourage,motivate or minster to at least one then I have done what I'm was born to do.

We should do a sister type accountable partner thing. I don't know how many would be interested but it's time to stop wondering why God why and say I'm working and prepared for what is next. The word says we are to be on guard and be ready bc we never know when the master is going to come home.

Good idea, about the partner thing...I look forward to future posts on the subject.

LoveisYou

I so wish we here could be more linked. I know we have prayer time and loolalooh should be doing some bible study about now but I yearn for a deeper sense of connection with sisters in Christ. I was speaking to a member and I loved how at her church they have something called 12 which is 12 sisters or brothers no co-ed group and you all help one another. I want to believe so strongly that our God is able and that we as the body can grow and dig deeper. We can put aside foolish traditions and stop worrying and start praying and then going a step farther and start doing.

We can't pray and do nothing. We must make our request known then start the work. It doesn't have to be big steps but baby steps. You want to change your life ok hit those knees,get up and get a notebook and write. It could mean cutting Pookie from up the street out,stop drinking,start purifying yourself,start eating right,being more dedicated to the work your doing etc.

Your situation doesn't have to derail your future. Your past is that past. Live now but you can always look at past victories to fuel you while you go through. I know I may sound crazy but I wish I could talk to folks. I'm finally at a point in my life after depression that I want to cultivate relationships. I know it may be too late for some bc my track record proceeds me a bit but I desire something more. I wish I could develop here since I am on this site more than anything. Off to read on self development.

I really relate to the bolded, as iron sharpens iron. I feel like I don't have strong (non-family) Christian friends and it gets difficult sometimes. I wonder if there are steps I need to take to make this happen.

LifeafterLHCF

Ok so who wanting to be accountability partners? It would be great way to really step our games up in God. We can always grow,we can always improve. We have young and seasoned in this camp let's make God so glorified. We can't move until we have thrown away garbage. Don't let the past haunt you anymore ladies who is in?

LifeafterLHCF

DaiseeDay

Jesus please keep the family of DaiseeDay and keep her in continued peace Lord. Help her and her family while they mourn and grieve. Lord those that mourn will receive comfort from you.Help them celebrate the life and the blessing you provided through her grandfather. We thank you God for the time he spent here and that you wanted your child with you God.

Provide provision while the family is preparing for the celebration service Lord. This isn't a funeral because see her grandfather hasn't died in the spirt but just in the body. Now he is able to really live father because he is in your house Lord he will dwell in your house forever Lord as your word says. Help the family continue the memory and the greatness that DaiseeDay grandfather was. In Jesus name,Amen.

I hope you know DaiseeDay you are loved and will be in continued prayer.

Vonnieluvs08

GoddessMaker, LoveisYou, sidney, luving me

Christian sisterhood is a very needed part of your journey with Christ. I am excited to see how each of you yearn to be in relationship with women of the faith. An online/offline group accountability is a good way to start growing more comfortable being transparent and open to sharing your life with another. This is a great way to connect and pray together and learn how to do this with members of your own church.

My church is very big on this because as a church body grows larger it is harder to account for all the needs of the members esp on such a personal level. We have small groups called Life Groups where we meet to discuss the sermon from the week and the passage of scripture it was preached from but to make it more personal, applicable to our own live and it is all very encouraging. Most of the Life Groups are like small family units that pray for each other, help each other, and encourage each other. Out of these Life Groups we have smaller DNA groups (Discipleship, Nurturing(I think), Accountability) where 2-3 same sex people gather via phone or in person at least once a week where you share your more intimate details of your life so others can pray for you and hold you accountable. I have a few DNA partners (one is my roommate) that I meet with to just discuss life, struggles, praises, etc and pray with. Without these people in addition to my time with the Lord I don't know if I would be this far along in my walk.

I urge you to seek this in your own churches as well because you never know who is in need of the same thing. Discipleship comes in many forms and there is no set rule, just be open to the Holy Spirits leading. Pray the the Lord would bring women into your life that you can learn from, that you can trust, and can always point you back to Christ. And that your are willing to be the same with them.

I will join an online accountability group as it is always good to those outside of your normal circle to speak into your life.

Vonnieluvs08

My grandpa just died tonight. It's so hard watching someone go, but it's harder watching them suffer.

Lord you are the God of comfort. Right now we pray that your comforting arms would embrace this family as they mourn and grieve for a loved one. Lord give them peace to know that even though he is absent in body he is present with you in the spirit and what a joyous thing that is. Lord minister to the hearts of those that mourn and speak comfort to them, allow them to feel the love you have for the Lord. Lord we know that sickness and death were not apart of your plan but through your Son's blood we can live in eternity with you. Help them to find rest in You Lord and your love. Open the hearts and minds of those who may not know or understand your love and saving grace through Christ Jesus to receive Him as Lord of their life. As all things work together for good and Your Glory Lord, we know Lord your plan is at work and that this family can find hope in You. Lord you are faithful even in our times of distress and hear the prayers of your people. So we lift up this family to you. In Jesus Name...Amen.

Pooks

Hanging in the balance are difficult decisions, heavy hearts. Will ignorance and blindness prevail or faith coupled with hard work and dedication? My Saviour...

'I need you Jesus to come to my rescue, where else can I go...?'

LifeafterLHCF

I'm so like astonished. The church I feel I belong to even though they are based in MD and I in dreaded TX I felt compelled last night to email him and encourage him. He actually responded last night while I was sleeping. That was so dope to see this morning in my emails. It was short but at least it was a real response not a auto-response. Lord I need to be in MD but will keep working on the things in Tx til you send me.

loolalooh

This message is so important and needed. I agree.

loolalooh

The enemy wants you to cast aside the Word. We all know this.

So then, why do some of us (including myself) continue to allow it, especially during times we need it the most? During times of suffering?

Even when it's completely dark and we feel we are completely alone and hopeless, we HAVE to hold onto the Word or we will perish spiritually.

But why do some of us loosen our hold? It doesn't make sense that we would loosen our hold on that which could only strengthen us.

The enemy is a great deceiver. We all know this as well.

loolalooh

Do you realize the power of Scripture? Drink it right now for 10 minutes and tell me you do not realize it's power.

LifeafterLHCF

I need a hug today don't know why I guess the lack of physical contact is coming strong. I'm not close to anyone to share that with anyone. All I do is work,work out and home to my empty spot. I will hug myself until God sees I have been good enough to get a hug. I'm not speaking intimate either. There are days where I'm so fueled up about being a christian and there are other days where I'm like why God why? Why have folks go through some of these wild things. I don't know my purpose,the things I am good at I can't make a profit on nor do I desire. Perplexed much but will keep pushing.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

When low in spirit I will encourage others.

Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(Hebrews 13:1-2 ESV).

We must not be ugly to those around us. Some times we are looking for this great opportunity to be nice but yet we have people right there in front of us. The cashier at the supermarket,the barista at your local Starbucks or watering hole,that not so nice co-worker. We all have folks who we could be uplifting and blessing.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.
They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.
(Isaiah 61:1-4 ESV)

God will give you beauty for your ashes--The grayish-white to black powdery residue left when something is burned;ruins. So God will give you beauty for your ruins or what is left after you have gone through the fire. Blessed be the Lord for loving so kindly that he will remove the baggage of our former self and give us freshness.

We carry so many things on us many say they don't but it's there. We must work on giving up our former baggage so we can move forward. I know many times we are carrying things that will inhibit us from being able to be great and useable.

Don't ever settle for being mediocre. That is a constant worry of mine I know worring never good, but it's something I'm constantly thinking on. I never want to be mediocre because it damages the rep of God. We are God representatives so we must do all things with a superior level of excellence.

Hope anyone who is down in spirit today will hit your knees in prayer and count it all joy as God will comfort those who mourn.

LoveisYou

If you have insights please share

I know that we should all have faith and stand firm in the face of obstacles
I know we are not to worry
but how do we remain unaffected by obstacles
I'm not at the point where I am unaffected
I hurt, I feel disappointed, I cry and I wonder
I believe God will always come through for me, but yet still there are moments of upset
Am I not supposed to be affected at all?
and can you have faith in the midst of those moments where you weep or cry out?

LifeafterLHCF

LoveisYou we are called to stand however God knows we are human and therefore crying isn't a bad thing. Grieving over things isn't a bad thing bc God will give comfort to those who mourn. As long as you stay firm in him and trust in him it will be ok. I know some act as though they never get rattled and that all you need to do is read your bible and pray that is a hot mess and a lie. The bible is full of folks who were used by God who doubted,got scared--Peter walking on water--,and just cried out to him heck the book of Psalms is full of folks crying to God but they still taken care of by him. Just my insights.

kweenameena

Vent:

The ex-bf (who I'm still working on getting over) just texted me and said "God is good"
So I didn't respond.
Then he texted and said "I'm officially a homeowner".
The nicest thing I could think to say was "Congrats"
But Lord knows I had a bunch of less than Christian things that I really wanted to say. I hate these tests.
I'm already moody, in financial straits (temporarily), in a valley right now and still a bit heartbroken...and now this?
How much more, God?

LoveisYou

LoveisYou we are called to stand however God knows we are human and therefore crying isn't a bad thing. Grieving over things isn't a bad thing bc God will give comfort to those who mourn. As long as you stay firm in him and trust in him it will be ok. I know some act as though they never get rattled and that all you need to do is read your bible and pray that is a hot mess and a lie. The bible is full of folks who were used by God who doubted,got scared--Peter walking on water--,and just cried out to him heck the book of Psalms is full of folks crying to God but they still taken care of by him. Just my insights.

Great insight, thanks so much!

loolalooh

If you have insights please share

I know that we should all have faith and stand firm in the face of obstacles
I know we are not to worry
but how do we remain unaffected by obstacles
I'm not at the point where I am unaffected
I hurt, I feel disappointed, I cry and I wonder
I believe God will always come through for me, but yet still there are moments of upset
Am I not supposed to be affected at all?
and can you have faith in the midst of those moments where you weep or cry out?

I agree with Goddessmaker.

I also like to look to Psalms for these answers.

Are we not supposed to be affected at all? Can we have faith in the midst of those moments? Hurt, pain, and crying are all normal and fine. But losing faith and trust in God is not fine. Be upset with Him is something we should really avoid as we mature in our walk. We see tears, deep emotional pain, and even depression in the book of Psalms. But the chapters usually end with continued trust in the Lord (e.g., "I cry out ... but I trust in the Lord.") Even Jesus cried out before He was to suffer, but He held onto to his trust in God and did not become upset with God.

How do we remain unaffected? It comes with spiritual growth and continually walking in the Spirit. I'll be the first to admit that I am not there yet. When times get really, really tough, my faith wavers. However, what I'm learning is that such moments are helping me grow. And as we grow, we (i.e., our faith) become less affected. James 1:4 - "Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." So just keep on allowing perseverance to work in you and you will get to a higher place of spiritual firmness.

LifeafterLHCF

kweenameena girl boo that male I'm no sure if he is negro male or not isn't your boo for a reason. See you can't be stifled by folks like that. He said that to rile you up and make you think maybe I should have been with him still whatever. You are going through a bit a bit of a season. You will be better once you come out and you will come out. Read Psalms 23 and tell me you aren't motivated. God is above you,behind you,in front of you,in you and most important beside you all the while. Lean not unto your understanding but lean on God's understanding.. hugs boo you will be fine.

kweenameena

@kweenameena girl boo that male I'm no sure if he is negro male or not isn't your boo for a reason. See you can't be stifled by folks like that. He said that to rile you up and make you think maybe I should have been with him still whatever. You are going through a bit a bit of a season. You will be better once you come out and you will come out. Read Psalms 23 and tell me you aren't motivated. God is above you,behind you,in front of you,in you and most important beside you all the while. Lean not unto your understanding but lean on God's understanding.. hugs boo you will be fine.

Thank you, hun! I know that my biggest obstacle is to have unwaivering faith. Which, to me, is one of the hardest obstacles to overcome.

Also, to trust that God will take care of things for me and depend on him. I'm about to go get my bible now and read that Psalm over and over and over.