APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

PlainJane

Massaged my scalp with some JBCO. I will try to oil my scalp at least twice a week until December. This stuff works but it's just so hard to be consistent.

11 weeks until the end of the year. Let's finish strong!

iLurk

just a random update.

1st pic was sept or oct last year, 2nd was today

Got my wig today I thought it was a lacefront but it turned out to be a regular cap wig. Oh well it was cheap so I can't complain and I dont have to bother cutting lace.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
just a random update.

1st pic was sept or oct last year, 2nd was today

Got my wig today I thought it was a lacefront but it turned out to be a regular cap wig. Oh well it was cheap so I can't complain and I dont have to bother cutting lace.

Wonderful retention and your hair is so thick and lush.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Soooo I put my daughters Mercy hair on a wig cap and made a u part wig. I sewed it on my head until I can get my sew-in Friday. Put twists in it and this was the result after I took twist down. Sorry these are all from views bc i didn't have my picture takers...sorry for all the pics. I was really feeling myself lol.

ForumRunner_20141021_143305.jpg

ForumRunner_20141021_143315.jpg

ForumRunner_20141021_143325.jpg

ForumRunner_20141021_143333.jpg

ForumRunner_20141021_143343.jpg

ForumRunner_20141021_143351.jpg

ForumRunner_20141021_143402.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Tomorrow is wash day. I have to prep my hair for my blowout Saturday. I will do a Nexxus Emergencee treatment and put my hair in loose braids until Saturday morning. I can't afford to have another tangle fiasco like in August

ronie

Soooo I put my daughters Mercy hair on a wig cap and made a u part wig. I sewed it on my head until I can get my sew-in Friday. Put twists in it and this was the result after I took twist down. Sorry these are all from views bc i didn't have my picture takers...sorry for all the pics. I was really feeling myself lol.
What? Are you kidding? This looks like your real hair. This is a wig? You could have fooled me. It is gorgeous.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
:wave: Hey everyone! I'd love to join. I've thanked the OP and posting my stats below. Currently between SL-APL.

Transitioning

Goal Month: December (BSL)

Regiment: DE Strengthening Treatment every 16 weeks, wash weekly, co-wash 1 x per week, DC each wash, leave-in, rollerset, wrap, Hairfinity daily.

Changes: Trying to abstain from direct heat until 1/1/15 and trim more often. image-1567380846.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
:wave: Hey everyone! I'd love to join. I've thanked the OP and posting my stats below. Currently between SL-APL.

Transitioning

Goal Month: December (BSL)

Regiment: DE Strengthening Treatment every 16 weeks, wash weekly, co-wash 1 x per week, DC each wash, leave-in, rollerset, wrap, Hairfinity daily.

Changes: Trying to abstain from direct heat until 1/1/15 and trim more often.

Your hair is lovely. It's so full!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So the day is almost over and I still haven't washed my hair. I could do it later tonight...it's not like I have to work in the morning. I need some motivation :blush:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Girl I am chocolate wasted. Gotta wait til tomorrow lol. I made smores for the kids and I ate a bunch of fun size chocolate bars :evilbanana:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So i finally did my hair. I did a Nexxus Emergencee treatment and then shampood it out. Then I did a 20 minute dc with Keracare Humecto. My hair feels strong and supple. I had a little shedding, but no breakage.

Quick question: Will my reconstructor last until my next wash or do the effects last for a few weeks? Im wondering if I should bring Emergencee to the salon with me...

NefertariBlu

The sides of my hair are grazing APL. The back of my hair is growing but is still a lot shorter than the rest. I've been really looking after the nape area, keeping it moisturised and trimmed. I suffer with split ends but recently I haven't seen many. I think the finger combing has been working.

I'm going to continue to finder comb and being gentle. I'm seeing improvements with the health.the nape won't reach AOL by December. I'm giving it another 3-6 months to get there. I'm being realistic. Hopefully I get there within that time frame.

ms.tatiana

what caused that?

I haven't trim in a while and when I took my weave out this time it was a lot of naps/balls of hair at my ends. Then I read that the splits go up and effect so I was like time for a trim. I trimmed a lot too and I still need to do more beforehand weave Saturday

image-573697648.jpg

APrayer4Hair

Deciding if I should be in APL/BSL 15 or BSL/MBL.....the back of my hair is APL and the rest is SL/APL. I forgot to take a straight pic but I did a light press then put in flexis image-2297218185.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got my hair blown out and trimmed today. She trimmed a little over an inch (maybe more), but my ends look and feel amazing! I lost some length, but I gained thickness and more layers. I will post pics when I get off

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I got my hair blown out and trimmed today. She trimmed a little over an inch (maybe more), but my ends look and feel amazing! I lost some length, but I gained thickness and more layers. I will post pics when I get off

I love freshly trimmed ends! That's wonderful you've gained thickness and layers...can't wait for pics.