Monistat (miconazole nitrate) for growth: UPDATES?

sweetnlow06

The problem everyone is experiencing is probably from the nitrate. It causes vasodilation. Which means increased blood flow to the area. It opens up the vessels so that more blood can reach that area. I think this is probably what is causing more growth too because of the increased blood flow to the scalp. When there is a rush of blood to this area it will cause a headache. If you do a search check out nitrates. Nitrates alone are usually given to people with chestpain (angina). Well, that's my 2 cents.

sweetnlow06

BTW, I am noticing growth pretty quick since I started. I have some gray new-growth so it is very easy to see which is new. I am getting a slight headache but I will put up with it for a little while. I'll take Tylenol for now.

HoneyDew

AKA-Tude said:
I hate that you get headaches with this!

I wonder why? You are using the FeetAccompli, right?

Maybe there's something in it that's getting to you.

Maybe becuz of it really kinda being an antibiotic (I think?).

That's why I only use it a few weeks at a time, every other day.

Have you ever just tried MN 2% straight, no chaser (xtra ingreds)?

I used Neosporin AF about a year ago when I 1st tried it and I never recall headaches. But that, straight up and not mixed with anything, dried my NG. The Feet Accompli does not dry me out, but does give me headaches and I only used it like 2 times a week.

sweetnlow has some good points about the Nitrate.

Magus484

sweetnlow06 said:
BTW, I am noticing growth pretty quick since I started. I have some gray new-growth so it is very easy to see which is new. I am getting a slight headache but I will put up with it for a little while. I'll take Tylenol for now.

Interesting info. Did you know that biotin is supposed to bring color back to your hair if it is going gray?

MamaBraidedIt

sweetnlow06 said:
The problem everyone is experiencing is probably from the nitrate. It causes vasodilation. Which means increased blood flow to the area. It opens up the vessels so that more blood can reach that area. I think this is probably what is causing more growth too because of the increased blood flow to the scalp. When there is a rush of blood to this area it will cause a headache. If you do a search check out nitrates. Nitrates alone are usually given to people with chestpain (angina). Well, that's my 2 cents.

Thank you for the info.

carletta

OK, are any of you ladies using this straight out the tube or are all of you mixing it with something ( the monistat )

sweetnlow06

rondie54 said:
Interesting info. Did you know that biotin is supposed to bring color back to your hair if it is going gray?

No I didn't know that. Really? I have been taking biotin for about a month now. I wonder how long it takes? I started graying at 17, so I have quite a bit. I started using Henna so I am going to be looking at my new growth to see if there is a change. Thanks for the info.

Ouch

I just read mostly all 13 pages of this and I'm ditching my MTG for a while and going with the "vag cream" :)lachen: ). Go straight to RiteAid with no shame. Just gotta hide it from my parents...hey, it still issss a "vag cream":lol: :lol:

brickhouse

My doctor just prescibed something similar for my scalp about a month ago. It is called Clotimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream. I have had it about a month but I was too lazy to use it b/c I think you have to wash the area everyday. I am going to start today and besides frequent washing helps my hair to grow. I may wash every 2 days. I have to see how I feel. I need to get my scalp problems under control. I hope I can get more growth to boot as well. I got a large tube for only $10 because it is generic. That is cheaper than that small tube of neosporin because I get a lot more. My hair is right at brastrap so we will have to see how it goes.

Amour

naturallady said:
dlewis said:
Yeah, me too.

NL, your baby is FAR TOOO CUTE.... she is adorable, look at her on the phone, Mommy's lil superstar... She looks like tweety pie :p

in relation to the thread... do you still get growth with the other alozes i.e. clotrimazole

Last edited:

hothair

Ok have to say MN (got a generic Gyno Daktarin) has definitely grown out my sister's hairline in an amazingly short period - less than 1 week, i don't know if its the brand or the fact she's not mixing it with anything but she reacted to some Dr Miracle oil (like a burn) and her front hair fell out, i got the Gyno daktarin when i came in sometime last week and she's been using it and her scanty baby hairs are now braidable (No lie!) so i've started using just on my hairline will take pics and some more after 2 weeks and we'll see if it works for me!:D

Indigo's Hair

My hair grew 1.5 inches in 3 weeks by using MN and BT. I kid you not!!! I took a double take (but pics don't lie). I thought I may have done something wrong when measuring but it doesn't look like it. So, yes, 1.5 inches in 3 weeks. I only measured 2 areas of my hair so I don't know if the 1.5 inches is a uniformed growth all over my hair. But, I am soooooo happy :) :) :) with these results.

I have learned so much from you ladies that I felt compelled to share this news with you. I don't know if this growth will be consistent but I surely hope so.

jovan787

Indigo's Hair said:
My hair grew 1.5 inches in 3 weeks by using MN and BT. I kid you not!!! I took a double take (but pics don't lie). I thought I may have done something wrong when measuring but it doesn't look like it. So, yes, 1.5 inches in 3 weeks. I only measured 2 areas of my hair so I don't know if the 1.5 inches is a uniformed growth all over my hair. But, I am soooooo happy :) :) :) with these results.

I have learned so much from you ladies that I felt compelled to share this news with you. I don't know if this growth will be consistent but I surely hope so.

Indigo that's AWESOME!!! Congrats girl! Are you taking any vitamins as well?

darkangel25

Indigo's Hair said:

Wow, that is some mad growth. Congrats. How many times per week do you use the MN and BT?

Indigo's Hair

jovan787 said:
Indigo that's AWESOME!!! Congrats girl! Are you taking any vitamins as well?

No, I am not taking any vitamins. I can't seem to be consistent with the vitamins so I stop taking them about 6 weeks ago.

Indigo's Hair

wantlonghair25 said:
What are the instructions on using this?

I'm not quite sure if there are specific instructions on using it. I mixed some essential ingredients together with the MN and apply to my hair 6 days a week. HTH.

Indigo's Hair

jovan787 said:
Indigo what's in your MN mixture?

I wish I could post pics but I don't know how. I put them in my Fotki though so I can document my progress.

I mixed ORS Carrot Oil, MN, a few drops of Rosemary and glycerin together and I apply to my hair every night before I go to bed.

ksk_xs

I've been using BT and lotrimin af liquid spray(and overmoisturizing to counteract the alcohol in it) since I got my braids 10 days ago and I measured this morning and I have .4 inches.

Miel

I added the MN to my Dove leave-in spray (by the way smells great!). I apply daily for moisture in the morning and then for baggying at night I spritz again and also apply my braid spray & BT mixture. Hope this isn't over kill. I'm just trying to cover all of my bases!

alwayzalady22

indigo is REALLY making me want to start using MN again...BT is working really well, but i from what i remember of MN from using it this spring, i got a lot more growth much faster with it...MN is expensive to me (broke college student) compared to BT, especially when you factor in that i REFUSE to buy MN in person and will only buy it online! :spinning:

i'm also on a mission to grow my eyelashes back after suffering thinning and breakage from false individuals, but i'm not crazy enough to try and put this mess on or near my lashes! althooooooooooo....i bet the growth would be SERIOUS :yep:

leonette

Wow!!!! Faster than MTG, eh? I plan on getting some this weekend, when i go to the drugstore this weekend! Dont know if i can give up my MTG altogether, but i know some of the ladies have been dissolving the cream in their other oils, while others apply the cream to their scalp in the morning, and oils in the evening. So yeah, i'd like to try to incorporate both somehow.

Thanks for that update!
HEY LADIES JUST SIGNED UP TODAY AND WAS READING SOME OF THE BOARDS I CAME ACROSS THIS ONE AND WANTED TO KNOW WHAT MTG STANDS FOR AND DOES IT WORK AND HOW OFTEN ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO USE IT

HoneyDew

I tried selling my Derma Doctor cream in the Exchange forum but I will psot this here for anyone interested.

I don't use MN anymore, but when I did, this product was the best I had ever used. It was not drying and was even more like a moisturizer for my NG. They retail for $34 each and I have a new tube, still in the box, that have never been used. I am willing to part with it for $20 including shipping.

The tube is 4 oz, so it is really not that expensive when you look at how much other MN products cost. They can be really expensive

Here's some info on it: http://www.drugstore.com/qxp138722_...compli_ultimate_antifungal_pedicure_cream.htm

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Miconazole Nitrate (2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 85, Cyclomethicone, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Gel (Aloe Vera), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Carbomer, Stearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (White Tea), Panthenol, Superoxide Dismutase, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Matricaria Chamomilla Flower Extract (Chamomile)

PM me if anyone is interested.

adf23

Hmmm I may have to try this.....Wal Mart has generic MN for about $3 a tube.....

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I wish I could post pics but I don't know how. I put them in my Fotki though so I can document my progress.

I mixed ORS Carrot Oil, MN, a few drops of Rosemary and glycerin together and I apply to my hair every night before I go to bed.

Are ya'll applying this to the hair or scalp? Just curious if that's o.k. to get some on the hair, especially when you mix with something else.