Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiQ

I know I'm not in this challenge ladies, but I was wondering where everyone was getting their MN from? Are you guys ordering it online or picking it up locally? Everywhere I've gone either doesn't have it or wants an arm and a leg for it.

Mjon912

I know I'm not in this challenge ladies, but I was wondering where everyone was getting their MN from? Are you guys ordering it online or picking it up locally? Everywhere I've gone either doesn't have it or wants an arm and a leg for it.

Walmart...my bf actually got it for our DD a few months ago... random thought but did you know babies can get yeast infections, my daughter got one at like 6 mo because she had thrush in her mouth and apparently the yeast built up in her system and caused her to have a yeast infection=\... But anywho that's why I don't know what the price was but I'm sure it wasn't to much or he would of called me before he bought it to make sure that's what the dr said

Mjon912

MJ checking in...Im still learning about moisturizing relaxed hair but I applied my MN/BB super Growth mix last night and massaged, rubbed some dr. Miracles Gro oil on after that, waiter about an hour and rubbed some organic root stimulator olive oil on m ng as a moisturizer, I figured this should work as a moisturizer for now since the first ingredient is water...I ordered some Darcy's botanicals transitioning cream and am on the hunt for herbal essences Long term relationship. Ladies who started this challenge in the beginning of the month or sooner are you experiencing any extreme growth yet =)... I'm so anxious to see results!!!

nakialovesshoes

NikkiQ I get mine from Family Dollar. It's the only brand I've ever used.

chocolat79

Checking in....I've been consistent every day of the challenge and sometimes twice a day. I'm in twists, so won't be able to tell any real growth until I get them retwisted.

ManiiSweetheart

Question! Are you ladies thinking about switching from co-wash based reggie to a shampoo weekly/once every 2 weeks reggie?? I'm thinking about shampoo every week to make sure my scalp is clean.

jprayze

ManiiSweetheart said:
Question! Are you ladies thinking about switching from co-wash based reggie to a shampoo weekly/once every 2 weeks reggie?? I'm thinking about shampoo every week to make sure my scalp is clean.

ManiiSweetheart that's my Reggie--shampoo weekly/biweekly at most.

jprayze

deedoswell said:
Wow Jprayze!!! your hair is growing fast. It's been a month since your last dye? That is great growth!!!

Yes I was about to go on a trip so I the last time is dyed was 4/18 and thats when I got the Dominican blow out in the pic.

deedoswell

Walmart...my bf actually got it for our DD a few months ago... random thought but did you know babies can get yeast infections, my daughter got one at like 6 mo because she had thrush in her mouth and apparently the yeast built up in her system and caused her to have a yeast infection=\... But anywho that's why I don't know what the price was but I'm sure it wasn't to much or he would of called me before he bought it to make sure that's what the dr said

Yes, babies can get yeast infections and it starts with thrush in their mouths. It happened to my niece. And, I mentioned in another post I got mine from our grocery store and it wasn't cheap but my dollar stores were out of it and I know it is much cheaper there.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally got mine from another Walgreens last nite on the way home. I didn't c one tube just the Walgreens brand of the 7 day already pre filled with one little tube inside. Can anyone tell me how to mix these applicators with my oils? What ratio of one applicator tube to oils? TIA!

BBritdenise

Search for medline remedy antifungal cream... At Walmart the 4oz tube is about $10... Its a little cheaper on amazon. And this brand is nonallergenic and nonsensitizing, and it hasn't dried my hair out. It has lots of natural oils in it.

LightEyedMami

I went today and bought the last 2 MNs at my local Family Dollar :)...it was kinda embarrising though, i always wonder what the cashier is thinking :lol:

Mjon912

Checking in...I added some Sulfer8 to my MN mix today because I got such a headache yesterday after I used it =\...

Relaxed ladies...how long before you plan to get you touch up will you be stopping MN...Im not getting one until July 1 but Someone mentioned that you need to stop before getting a touch up...TIA=)

Ms. Tiki

I went today and bought the last 2 MNs at my local Family Dollar :)...it was kinda embarrising though, i always wonder what the cashier is thinking :lol:

Girl, buy your coochie cream proudly. Do it like I did and slamming down and dare the cashier to say something:lachen::lachen:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Checking in..... 2 out of 5 times for the week of 5/20-5/26

Taking the night off but I did apply JBCO to my scalp :lick:.

LightEyedMami, This is what is ALWAYS going through my mind. I guess I need to buy 2 also so I wont have to go back so fast. Dont want them thinking I REALLY having a problem :nono:

Girl, buy your coochie cream proudly. Do it like I did and slamming down and dare the cashier to say something:lachen::lachen:

Ms. Tiki, yea your crazy LOL :look:

Ms. Tiki

@Ms. Tiki:lachen::lachen::lachen:I doubt "proudly" is gonna happen..... and slamming it down!!! :lol:.

I'm just saying! If you know what you are buying it for it's no shame. Like I said in my post, I was ready for dude to say something. It was going to be on in Family Dollar.

Taking the night off but I did apply JBCO to my scalp :lick:.

@LightEyedMami, This is what is ALWAYS going through my mind. I guess I need to buy 2 also so I wont have to go back so fast. Dont want them thinking I REALLY having a problem :nono:

@Ms. Tiki, yea your crazy LOL :look:

OK, maybe I'm a lil special. I'm just saying. You know what's it's really for. I'm one of those who really doesn't care what you think as long as you don't say anything to me sideways. :lol:

mamaore

Check-in
Still aplplying MN to the left side of my hair nightly. I am 3 weeks post. I am seeing some new growth although its slight. I normally do not see/feel any new growth till about 6 weeks post. My normal growth rate is about 0.75 inches over 12 weeks.

I get a growth spurt in the warmer months but I have never measured it so I am unable to compare with the MN results.

BBritdenise

Checking in... I applied MN last night, I may do once per day because twice a day might be too much manipulation for my hair. We will see... I'm only a week in so no results yet... My hair grows slow so I'm not expecting results to happen very fast anyway

LightEyedMami

ugh, why do i have to be someone who wants instant gratification! I keep reminding myself its been less than a week, its not gonna happen that fast :lol:.... So I have decided i will use the MN for the rest of the year, and if nothing happens by then i'll be:cry2::wallbash: but if i even get 2 inches of extra growth from it i will be:superbanana:.

braidqueen

I'm just saying! If you know what you are buying it for it's no shame. Like I said in my post, I was ready for dude to say something. It was going to be on in Family Dollar.

OK, maybe I'm a lil special. I'm just saying. You know what's it's really for. I'm one of those who really doesn't care what you think as long as you don't say anything to me sideways. :lol:

If you're special then so am I. I couldn't give two hoots who looks at me and who's at the counter. The last pharmacy I went to it's behind the pharmacist counter so the girl quietly ask and I told her what I needed. She walks away then yells out "Monistat 1 or 7" and my luck 8 people standing around when I yelled back "I want the generic 7 day".

What can you do. Everyone in there was sick with something.

LightEyedMami

If you're special then so am I. I couldn't give two hoots who looks at me and who's at the counter. The last pharmacy I went to it's behind the pharmacist counter so the girl quietly ask and I told her what I needed. She walks away then yells out "Monistat 1 or 7" and my luck 8 people standing around when I yelled back "I want the generic 7 day".

What can you do. Everyone in there was sick with something.
:blush: :blush::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.