I'm going back to the Ateyaaa Regimen

krikit96

protein overload can break off all of your hair . You have to make sure you balance it with moisture. Also if you're protein sensitive, you might not want to use Protein too often during the week. My natural hair can take protein, my relaxed hair couldn't take too much.

Thanks PinkSunshine77 - I'm not sure if my hair is protein sensitive or not... how can I figure that out?:look:

Misseyl

Thanks PinkSunshine77 - I'm not sure if my hair is protein sensitive or not... how can I figure that out?

I'm not sure. I found out the hard way :/

krikit96 and pinkshine77 - maybe I can help, from what I've learned your hair is more likely to be protein sensitive if you have low porosity hair. Low porosity is when a single strand of hair floats on top of water instead of sinking to the bottom which in turn translates into hair with cuticles that are closed tight. Your job is to get moisture into the hair strand and keep it there.

krikit96

@krikit96 and @pinkshine77 - maybe I can help, from what I've learned your hair is more likely to be protein sensitive if you have low porosity hair. Low porosity is when a single strand of hair floats on top of water instead of sinking to the bottom which in turn translates into hair with cuticles that are closed tight. Your job is to get moisture into the hair strand and keep it there.

Thanks Misseyl... Guess when I get home, I'll be plucking a hair and dropping it in a bunch of water... maybe I'll pull a gray one... lol. So I guess I'm hoping it floats? It's bad when you see it sink straight to the bottom, huh? Do I need to just lay it in the water or shall I try to drown it/push it down, and see if it stays bouyant???

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
krikit96 and pinkshine77 - maybe I can help, from what I've learned your hair is more likely to be protein sensitive if you have low porosity hair. Low porosity is when a single strand of hair floats on top of water instead of sinking to the bottom which in turn translates into hair with cuticles that are closed tight. Your job is to get moisture into the hair strand and keep it there.

thanks I had high porosity relaxed though, and it couldn't take too much protein. Probably due to the chemical treatments. I know much better now. I use it in moderation.

Misseyl

Thanks @Misseyl... Guess when I get home, I'll be plucking a hair and dropping it in a bunch of water... maybe I'll pull a gray one... lol. So I guess I'm hoping it floats? It's bad when you see it sink straight to the bottom, huh? Do I need to just lay it in the water or shall I try to drown it/push it down, and see if it stays bouyant???

Nope, just drop it in and see what happens. It good if you use clean hair instead of hair that is coated with products.