Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
August 6, 2013

Devotional:

For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. Romans 5:6-7 (NASB)

Christ died for the ungodly. Christ died for me. Without his sacrificial death, without God's grace, I am powerless to save myself or make myself righteous. Jesus did for me what I could not do and paid off my debt to sin which I could not pay. He did it for me; not because I was good enough to be worthy of his death, but because I couldn't be worthy without him.

Prayer:
Loving God, thank you. Sacrificial Savior, I praise you. Words cannot express my thanks for the gift of your grace that cost so much and yet means so much to me. All honor, glory, and praise to my Father who sits on the throne and my Lord Jesus who went to the cross and in whose name I offer my thanks. Amen.

Wisdom:
"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate. Proverbs 8:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 7, 2013

Devotional:

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (NASB)

Interestingly, the Bible doesn't ever just say that God loves us. Instead, it says: "God demonstrated his love..." "In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us and gave..." "For God so loved the world that he gave..." Love is more than emotion or intention. True love, redemptive love, God-styled love is active; it does something. For us, Jesus did more than something; he sacrificed everything. What's more, he did it when we most needed it. He demonstrated his love when we were sinners!

Prayer:
Father, thank you for loving me. I love you. I love you for what you've done. I love you for who you are. I love you for your promises. I love you for your faithfulness. Most of all, dear Father, I love you because of Jesus who showed me just how much you love me. Please empower me to show my love by serving and giving to others as Jesus did. In his name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The reward of humility and the fear of the LORD Are riches, honor and life. Proverbs 22:4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 8, 2013

Devotional:

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 5:9-10 (NASB)

Jesus did more than die for our sins; he lives as resurrected Lord. So if God would empty heaven of his Son, let him die on the cross, and then raise him from the dead to save us, just think what God has in store for us now that he has saved us! When it comes to Jesus' saving power and God's amazing grace, we haven't seen anything, yet!

Prayer:
Holy LORD, I look forward to the day that I get to see you and experience your grace in all of its glory. Inspire courage in me today, so that I can confidently face the challenges in my path and live faithfully before others. Father, I do believe that the best of what Jesus wants to do in me lies ahead, so use me to your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; Proverbs 24:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 9, 2013

Devotional:

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [fn]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB)

While other preachers in Paul's day were parading around their credentials, Paul refused to get into a bragging contest to prove he was the most impressive of Jesus' disciples. Even though he had the religious education and Jewish pedigree to silence his rivals, he preferred to acknowledge the areas of his weakness where God had triumphed over his own limitations. Let's be careful today about examining and determining the ministry-worth of someone based on his or her resume. Instead, let's look for people in whom God's grace has triumphed.

Prayer:
Almighty and loving Father, thank you for sustaining and enabling me to serve you in ways I would never have dreamed of doing. Please help me serve you faithfully as I depend upon your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A gray head is a crown of glory; It is found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 10, 2013

Devotional:

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the [fn]path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! Psalm 1:1 (NASB)

So often sin and ungodly lifestyles are portrayed as glamorous. The way of blessing, however, is the way of God. His will is for our good, his commands spring from his mercy and protection, and his way is the path of life. We are blessed when we walk with God and do his will.

Prayer:
Forgive me, Father, for believing the lies of the world and being deceived and enticed by the temptations of Satan. I know that sin brings heartaches, complications, and problems. I also know that choosing the right things, standing up for truth, and living faithfully for you is sometimes very difficult. Please help my heart believe and my mind see that walking in your will brings me life. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who withholds his [fn]rod hates his son, But he who loves him [fn]disciplines him diligently. Proverbs 13:24 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 12, 2013

Devotional:

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:2 (NASB)

Delight! In things of God do you find delight? What holy things of the Father in heaven hold your thoughts throughout the day? Why not join me in trying to put more of God's word in your head through memorization and into your heart through prayerful Bible study?!

Prayer:
Father in heaven, holy and righteous in all of your ways, I confess that I do not always make the most of my thought time. I often allow my mind to drift away into areas I shouldn't explore. I will occasionally get too focused on things that are inconsequential. I want my mind and my heart more in tune with you, your Word, your will, and your way. Give me true wisdom, enlightened by your Spirit, to see, know, absorb, and contemplate the things that are closest to your heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who despises his neighbor sins, But happy is he who is gracious to the [fn]poor. Proverbs 14:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 13, 2013

Devotional:

He will be like a tree firmly planted by [fn]streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its [fn]leaf does not wither; And [fn]in whatever he does, he prospers. Psalm 1:3 (NASB)

Some kinds of earthly delight can feed our hearts for a short time, but when difficulties come, our hearts will wither in the drought. Delighting in the LORD and in his will for us, however, provides us with ongoing and ever-fresh joy. Out of this lifestyle comes both short-term and long-term benefits and a resiliency that withstands life's worst droughts.

Prayer:
Dear God, Holy One of heaven, I do find my delight in you and your ways and find refreshment in your abiding Spirit. Please give me the wisdom to seek your will every day of my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The [fn]generous man will be [fn]prosperous, And he who waters will himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 14, 2013

Devotional:

The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away. Psalm 1:4 (NASB)

No matter the temporary apparent benefits of wicked schemes and evil power, all these efforts end at the grave and are swept away leaving the wicked with nothing to show for their efforts as they stand before the righteousness and justice of God.

Prayer:
Dear Father, please help me resist the temptation to idolize or exalt those who succeed through evil devices, schemes, methods, and plans. Help my heart seek your Kingdom and righteousness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who [fn]is generous will be blessed, For he gives some of his food to the poor. Proverbs 22:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 15, 2013

Devotional:

To You they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted and were not [fn]disappointed. Psalm 22:5 (NASB)

This Psalm of despair, referred to by Jesus from the Cross, is also a Psalm of hope and faith. The history of God's faithfulness with His people Israel is an ongoing reminder that we can trust Him to deliver us. While in our human reckoning of time God's answer may be slow in coming, His track record in history reminds us that He will answer, deliver, and bless His people in His time. In our worst of nightmares, we can be reminded that God is faithful and is attentive to our cries of despair, lament, grief, agony, and fear.

Prayer:
I ask, dear Father, that you bless your people everywhere who find themselves in difficult situations. Empower them with your Spirit and bless them with a change for the better in their dire situation. Please hear the cries of your people and act swiftly for their protection, preservation, and vindication. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The [fn]fear of the LORD leads to life, So that one may sleep satisfied, [fn]untouched by evil. Proverbs 19:23 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 16, 2013

Devotional:

Many plans are in a man's heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand. Proverbs 19:21 (NASB)

"What are your plans for today?" If you are like me, you prayerfully try to plan your day. You make appointments with people in the future so you can address their needs, hear their concerns, or discuss issues and projects. But, we need to always live humbly, recognizing that none of our plans will be of value unless those plans come from the Father!

Prayer:
Holy God and righteous Father, please bless me as I seek to discern your will in my decisions today. I recognize that each breath that I take is a gift and that each success is because of your grace. Please use me to your glory and help me find your path for my life. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
All the days of the afflicted are bad, But a[fn]cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 17, 2013

Devotional:

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold[fn]from those who walk[fn]uprightly. Psalm 84:11 (NASB)

God doesn't hold back on his goodness! In fact, the Father loves to give his children gifts. These gifts are all encompassing. These gifts are gladly given. How do I know? Three ways: 1) I've been repeatedly blessed; 2) I've seen what God has done to bless his people through the centuries; and 3) his Word promises this to be so.

Prayer:
Father, I want to thank you for the many blessings you have poured into my life. I want to list several of them by name today. (Make your own list of things for which you are thankful.) Thank you most of all Father, for the gift of your Son and my Savior, Jesus. In his name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let your eyes look directly ahead And let your [fn]gaze be fixed straight in front of you. Watch the path of your feet And all your ways will be established. Proverbs 4:25-26 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 19, 2013

Devotional:

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is[fn]born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7 (NASB)

The old song says, "Where oh where is love?" Love is with God. Love comes from God. Love is the key attribute of God. Love is from God. Love is of God. You want to be more loving? You want to find greater intensity in your love? You want to know how to love others who are hard to love? Look to God. But, where do we see God most clearly? Jesus! So look at how God has demonstrated his love through Jesus and do likewise!

Prayer:
Holy God, I want to show that you are my Father by loving others more perfectly. Please bless me as I seek to follow Jesus' example in treating others with love. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The[fn]naive believes everything, But the sensible man considers his steps. Proverbs 14:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 20, 2013

Devotional:

The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:8 (NASB)

An unloving person doesn't know God. It's that simple. Enough said.

Prayer:
Father, please bless me with a loving heart and a lifestyle that generously shares your love with others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Train up a child [fn]in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 21, 2013

Devotional:

By this the love of God was manifested [fn]in us, that God has sent His [fn]only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9 (NASB)

Showing love is about sharing life with someone else. No one quite epitomizes this principle like Jesus! His sacrifice, however, is what saved us and brought us to our new life in Christ. Now God wants us to show his love to others by sharing it in ways that they can understand and appreciate.

Prayer:
Holy LORD, my heavenly Father, thank you for today. Help me share my life with someone else who needs to experience your grace. Please help me notice those who are wounded and please give me the wisdom on the best way to lead them back to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My son, do not forget my [fn]teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you. Proverbs 3:1-2 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 22, 2013

Devotional:

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10 (NASB)

God loved us first! God paid the huge price for our atonement, first! Jesus is the great way God displays his mercy and justice. We know what love is, because he demonstrated it. How well are we demonstrating to others the mercy and justice of God?

Prayer:
Father, your love seems is so vast, so gracious, and so life-changing. I ask that you, O blessed Holy Spirit, would help change my heart to more perfectly reflect and glorify the Father. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For by me your days will be multiplied, And years of life will be added to you. Proverbs 9:11 (NASB)

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
August 9, 2013

Devotional:

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [fn]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB)

While other preachers in Paul's day were parading around their credentials, Paul refused to get into a bragging contest to prove he was the most impressive of Jesus' disciples. Even though he had the religious education and Jewish pedigree to silence his rivals, he preferred to acknowledge the areas of his weakness where God had triumphed over his own limitations. Let's be careful today about examining and determining the ministry-worth of someone based on his or her resume. Instead, let's look for people in whom God's grace has triumphed.

Prayer:
Almighty and loving Father, thank you for sustaining and enabling me to serve you in ways I would never have dreamed of doing. Please help me serve you faithfully as I depend upon your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A gray head is a crown of glory; It is found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31 (NASB)

One of my favorite scriptures

baddison

natural for good
August 23, 2013

Devotional:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11 (NASB)

We are loved by the Creator of the Universe. He knows us personally. Our Heavenly Father cares about us tremendously. Although God knew about our weaknesses and sinfulness, he was willing to pay a terrible price to redeem us. Even though we are sometimes weak or rebellious, he loves us, forgives us, and welcomes us back when we are willing to confess our sins and come home to him. So if God has consistently, faithfully, and graciously loved us, how can we not share that love with each other?

Prayer:
Thank you, Abba Father, for your awesome and gracious love. Please continue to pour that love into my heart through your Holy Spirit. Please help me be more forgiving, patient, and sacrificial in my love to your children. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

baddison

natural for good
August 24, 2013

Devotional:

No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12 (NASB)

What an incredible thought! God can be seen in my home. The Father of the universe lives in my church. The Almighty God's love is recognizable in my life. How so? When I love those around me, when they love me back, when we choose to be loving instead of petty, unforgiving, critical, and harsh, God's presence, power, and perfection are revealed in us!

Prayer:
O Father, please make your presence, power, and perfection known through my love for your children and their love for each other. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
It is by his deeds that a lad [fn]distinguishes himself If his conduct is pure and right. Proverbs 20:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 26, 2013

Devotional:

By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 1 John 4:13 (NASB)

Our sign of authenticity showing we are truly God's children is the Holy Spirit who lives in us. The Spirit helps bring forth the character of God in our lives (Gal. 5:22). The Spirit helps us when we pray (Rom. 8:20-27). The Spirit empowers us to overcome sin (Rom. 8:13) and gives us strength to do things we would never imagine were possible (Eph. 3:14-21). The Spirit comforts us in our brokenness and makes God's presence real in our lives (John 14:15-26). The Spirit is the truest sign that we are God's children (Rom. 8:9, 14-16). Thank God for the blessed Holy Spirit!

Prayer:
Father, I praise you for your holiness, majesty, and power. I thank you for your loving grace. I am humbled by your sacrificial love that has saved me. But today, dear Father, I thank you most of all for your Holy Spirit, who lives in me, who empowers me, who cleanses me, who comforts me, and who makes your fatherhood accessible and real to me. Thank you, in the name of Jesus, from the bottom of my heart! Amen.

Wisdom:
Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good [fn]repute In the sight of God and man. Proverbs 3:3-4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 27, 2013

Devotional:

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15 (NASB)

"Jesus is the Son of God." Six simple words. They are much more than simple words, however; they are the doorway that opens our heart to God. So tonight, as you confess Jesus as God's Son, consciously and intentionally welcome God into your heart. The Father lives in the person who confesses the Son!

Prayer:
Father, I want to live my life and center my heart in you. I gladly confess that Jesus is the Son of God, my Lord, and my Savior. I praise and thank you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Wisdom:
"Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, For blessed are they who keep my ways. "Heed instruction and be wise, And do not neglect it. Proverbs 8:32-33 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 28, 2013

Devotional:

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [fn]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 John 4:16 (NASB)

We can be sure that God loves us. He wants us to live in and be blessed by his love. That love is more than just the grace that reaches us when we are saved. God's love extends through us. His love is redemptive in our loving behaviors to others. His presence is seen in our loving attitudes and deeds. God wants his love to be shared by us to others. In this way, his love blesses us when we receive it and also when we share it!

Prayer:
Father in heaven, I rely on your love. I cannot imagine my life without it; I would be completely lost. However, I know you love me Father. I am confident about my future, full of joy in this moment, and standing on tiptoe until your love is fully realized in your presence at Jesus' coming. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Wisdom:
Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce; So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 29, 2013

Devotional:

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear [fn]involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 1 John 4:18 (NASB)

There are many kinds of fear. Some of these are legitimate. Others are imagined. Still others are irrational. Thankfully, as Christians, we don't have to be afraid of the one crucial event in our life -- judgment. God's love saves us, empowers us, blesses us, works in us, and touches others through us. Most of all, having experienced this love, we can cast fear out of our hearts because we know where we stand with God. He is our loving Father who longs to bring us home!

Prayer:
Holy, majestic, and awesome God, you are mighty in your strength. You are holy beyond comparison. You are righteous and fair in your dealings with your people. Most of all, dear Father, I thank you because you do not deal with me as my sins deserve. No, O God, you deal with me graciously, blessing me with your redeeming and transforming grace. Your love gives me confidence to live for you and to await the day I stand before you. Until that day I offer you my thanks and praise in Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 30, 2013

Devotional:

We love, because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NASB)

As human beings, we like to think of ourselves as the center of our universe. We determine the greatness or validity of most deeds based on their impact upon us. We consider ourselves great adventurers, inventors, and investigators. However, in the most important quest of all, we did not act first; God did. He loved us sacrificially. He loved us personally. He loved us first. Our love is a response to his grace. Our love is simply sharing with others what has been lavished upon us. We love because he loved us first.

Prayer:
Almighty God and Abba Father, over these last several days I have tried to understand your love for me and my fellow humans. I don't profess to understand your love, but I do know that you have blessed me with it in ways I could not have imagined. So please, dear Father, help me remember your great love for me when I am faced with temptation, led to doubt your love, or wonder about my worthiness. I want your love to be reflected in my daily life. Thanks for loving mightily. Thanks for loving sacrificially. Most of all, thanks for loving first! In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Wisdom:
Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despise your mother when she is old. Proverbs 23:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 31, 2013

Devotional:

If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20 (NASB)

"O how I love Jesus!" we sing. Jesus responds by asking how well we are doing with loving our brothers and sisters! We can't love God if we can't love those around us.

Prayer:
Forgive me, dear Father, for the times I have harbored pettiness in my heart or been unforgiving to those who needed my grace. I recognize that when I am unloving to my brothers and sisters in Christ, I am unloving to you. Please bless me as I work to reconcile some Christian relationships that have not gone well recently. Help these mended friendships to bring glory to you and vitality to your Church. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Commit your works to the LORD And your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
September 2, 2013

Devotional:

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, Philippians 1:3 (NASB)

Certain people are blessings. It doesn't matter if we visit with them on the phone, get an encouraging email, or see them face to face. Any time we remember them, we thank God for them. So let's follow Paul's example and let them know they give us reasons to offer thanks to God.

Prayer:
Loving LORD, thank you for... (place the name of several people who bless your life in here). They have blessed my life in so many ways, so I'm asking you now to bless their lives with your grace, power, and Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He kisses the lips Who gives fna right answer. Proverbs 24:26 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
September 3, 2013

Devotional:

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. Galatians 5:6 (NASB)

Ever notice how we get to fussing about things that are important, but still aren't the most important things of our faith. So often when we get to fighting the most important thing of all gets lost. In the first century, this fight often had to do with Jew/Gentile issues. While race, culture, and heritage are important, what really is most important is showing to the world that we can value cultural diversity in each other and still find our unity in Christ. In our high tech world today, isn't it interesting that the most important issue is the same as it was two thousand years ago -- faith displaying itself in loving action.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, please help us tear down every wall that divides and separates your people. Forgive us for our pettiness and prejudice toward each other. Stir in us a deep longing to share the unity of heaven in our world today. In the name of Jesus, the atoning sacrifice for all the peoples of the world, I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
September 4, 2013

Devotional:

“For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth. Isaiah 54:5 (NASB)

"For God so loved the world..." "The Father, from whom every family on earth derives its name..." God is not just the God of Israel. The LORD God, ruler of heaven and earth, is the God of all nations and one day, "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess... that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Prayer:
Great Redeemer and Father of all nations, I humbly come before your throne and offer my thanks and praise for all that you have done to bless us, your people. Please let me know you and be aware of your daily presence in my life. Forgive me, dear Father, when I haven't been a suitable place for your grace and name to dwell. Thank you for redeeming me from the sin that once entangled me. Guard my heart and rescue me from the deceptive lies of the evil one. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A good man leaves an inheritance to his fnchildren’s children, And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. Proverbs 13:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
September 5, 2013

Devotional:

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. Galatians 6:9 (NASB)

Weariness is a part of life. Weariness is a part of ministry. Weariness is definitely something that overtakes us when we set our hearts on doing good for others. The wonderful blessing of God, however, is that he will renew us and sustain us and rekindle us. He does it through the encouraging word of a friend. He does it through his presence in us, the Holy Spirit. He does it through songs that lift our hearts. He does it through Scripture and prayer. So while our bodies and spirits may bet weary, let's not let our hands fall idle. If we will serve with faithfulness, discipline, and integrity, God's grace will empower us to do what he has called us to do.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, I confess that I sometimes find myself weary and discouraged in my service to you and to others. Please convict me, dear Father, when I've neglected sleep, exercise, or good eating habits and empower me as I seek to correct those problems in my life. Gently humble me in those times when I neglect my spiritual nourishment. I want to actively and effectively serve you, dear Father, all the days of my life. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who conceals a transgression seeks love, But he who repeats a matter separates intimate friends. Proverbs 17:9 (NASB)

lovelycurls

September 5, 2013

Devotional:
Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. Galatians 6:9 (NASB)

Weariness is a part of life. Weariness is a part of ministry. Weariness is definitely something that overtakes us when we set our hearts on doing good for others. The wonderful blessing of God, however, is that he will renew us and sustain us and rekindle us. He does it through the encouraging word of a friend. He does it through his presence in us, the Holy Spirit. He does it through songs that lift our hearts. He does it through Scripture and prayer. So while our bodies and spirits may bet weary, let's not let our hands fall idle. If we will serve with faithfulness, discipline, and integrity, God's grace will empower us to do what he has called us to do.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, I confess that I sometimes find myself weary and discouraged in my service to you and to others. Please convict me, dear Father, when I've neglected sleep, exercise, or good eating habits and empower me as I seek to correct those problems in my life. Gently humble me in those times when I neglect my spiritual nourishment. I want to actively and effectively serve you, dear Father, all the days of my life. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who conceals a transgression seeks love, But he who repeats a matter separates intimate friends. Proverbs 17:9 (NASB)

Wow!! God is truly Real....this word came just at the right time to me!!! Been feeling so down lately, Thank Jesus for reassuring me Again that You are the Real Rewarder of Everything. Peace!