TYPE 4s HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO STRETCH RELAXERS

Nanyanika

I gathered from reading your posts, that a lot ladies avoid combing the newgrowth hair, and use mostly water based moisturisers like s-curl to soften the coils. Protective low manipulation styles seem to be very ideal amoungst 4a/4bs, therfore avoid damaging/breaking the hair. No poo appears to be a very popular technique to add moisture tyo two diffrent textures. So the main aim of strecthing relaxers is to avoid overlapping, applying chemicals too often, in order to achive healthier and fuller hair.I've come to conclusion, that because our hair is most fragile by nature and chemicals furthur cause weakening that it is best to relax less often to achieve our hair length goals. Is there anyone here who advcates the use of braids/weaves to strecth relaxers? I hope to try this when i'm 8 weeks post, i wish to also aviod damage to my relaxed hair as it is more weaker than my texturized hair.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

I've just recently touched-up and i'm planning to go only 12-14 weeks this time because i had a ton of breakage on my last strecth.

lesson well learnt:

never manipulate my hair unless its wash day
Limit combing, absolutely no more brushing this time
remain consistent and baggy all the time
stick to a simple regimen
avoid using lots of products and hopping to different brands
Diligently apply reconstructor every two weeks