FINE HAIR Ladies that use or have used HENNA

How do you feel about Henna treatments

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jewell

I use a henna-type permanent hair color-Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color. I have used it for 6-7 years off and on, and each time I am never disappointed. I re-touch the NG about every 3 months, that's when my natural color (light-med. brown) becomes noticeable. I LOVE IT. I am looking to possibly try just natural henna/indigo to dye my hair black but thinking I'll do that after I use all my 2.5 boxes of Bigen. It takes 3 boxes to do my hair root to tip, about 1 box to touch-up. I could get out much cheaper with henna/indigo as far as getting more for the money.

morehairplease

HOLD UP! Sorry for the confusion but I think I need to read my products better. This is what I got.

At first it felt thick to me but now I am thinking this is milk. I thought it said 100% organic on it but that might have been my coconut milk. Is this milk or cream?
It's coconut cream. I don't know if it's organic or not, though. I looked for organic coconut cream at Whole foods and was told that they did not carry it. They sell coconut cream concentrate at www.tropicaltraditions.com

Last edited:

Lee23

I have fine strands and I love Henna! My hair feels thicker and the conditioning benefits are great. I do lose curl definition though, It's almost like getting a relaxer. It also covers my gray hair nicely and I don't mind the red hue.

Honey Bee

I've been using henna for a while and I love it! I use Surya cream henna in 'mahogany', cuz I have what I call 'muddy brown' hair that bleaches really easily in the sun, so the henna leaves a nice gloss and some highlights.

My mom bought some henna powder last night, so I'm helping her mix it. We added some coconut oil, amla powder, some red wine, clove powder, and glycerin. We'll see what happens.

Dee Raven

I love henna as well. One of my goals for this year is to henna my hair once a month. My hair is so much stronger and softer with it and my ends are a dream. I've always loved red, auburn hair and my hair is so dark that it's really only noticeable in the sun. I like to mix red wine and clove powder into mine as well. This last time I mixed it with tea and just one lime, and my hair was noticeably softer the next week. I don't know if that's because I didn't use a whole bottle of lemon juice but that's going to be my new method from now on.

eternalsotsm

I JUST put a henna in my hair last night. I did my big chop a week ago. My mixture was:

Jamila henna
black cherry berry herbal tea (two bags)
and lots of honey (almost 1/4 a cup)
and a tiny bit of lemon

I let it sit for about an hour or so, then i smothered my hair with it and slept in it over night.

When i washed it out, i used a lot of conditioner (cheapo conditioner with no cones) and aubrey organics. Then i put some lustik cholesterol and washed it out after an hour or so...and i love my hair now. It made ALL of my hair clump together very nicely and i have reduced frizz. I thought it made my curls tighter in the beginning, but then i realized that it just made it clump better. I wanted it for color, but i think the black cherry kinda made it darker?? i dunno. Next time i'm using green tea.

Sorry...my hair is a bit dry. I need something for it...i'm still trying to figure out why it's so daggone dry and why it sucks up every moisture product i put on it. Even oil. lol

Attachments

• IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

orchidgirl

I love Henna, it make my hair feel softer after. Really happy with the results. I mix mine with just water, let it sit overnight. Then apply and leave on 1 hour and rinse. It make my hair stronger and less noticeable shedding...which is great cause post pregnancy shedding sucks....:)

NaturalPath

I have fine strands and I love Henna! My hair feels thicker and the conditioning benefits are great. I do lose curl definition though, It's almost like getting a relaxer. It also covers my gray hair nicely and I don't mind the red hue.

Yeah same here, my strands are noticeably thicker but I feel like I may have to transition out because my texture has loosened alot from it :nono:

Lisa

Bumping....

I'm interested in trying henna but looking for more info!! Where are you buying it from. I found some on amazon but I'm not sure????

Hersheygurl

I just used henna for the first time a few days ago and I LOVE the results! I was afraid to use it at first because the last thing I need now is a setback, but I'm so glad I did. I have fine hair also but felt an immediate difference in thickness and strength after just one use. I used Nupur 100% Natural Mehendi henna which I was able to pick up from my local indian grocery store. It was easy to rinse out and I will definitely use it again. My mix was simple:

used about 160 grams ( 2 packages but didn't need all of my mix)
splash of lemon
honey
hot water

Last edited:

gn1g

Well Ladies today is the day. I have had this old box of Jamilla Henna for 2 years so I am throwing that one out and am on my way to the Indian store for a fresh box. I will be back to let you know the results. I am a bit concerned about the gray hair turning clown orange, but I read that if you mix it and use it immediately you will not deposit any color into your strands.

I plan on mixing
henna
honey
babasu oil
amla oil
wheatgerm oil
aussie 3 minute moisturizing mix

I am going to mix it in a zip lock bag and leave it on for about 2 hours. I'll be back with the exact mixture and results shortly.

gn1g

I like it!

Makes the hair much more weightier.

I mixed everything in that henna, didn't get the exact measurements but I will next time. I used about a tablespoon of each: coconut, babasu, amla and wheatgerm oil and lots of different moisturizing conditions. Actually all of the bottles of Moisturizing conditioners that only had about 1/4 of a bottle left. and finally added water to thin it out. The henna had the consistency of mud. It was fun applying it to my hair it was like putting a perm on virgin hair. I left it on for about 1.5 hours.

Rinsing it was easy, I rinsed it with plain water first followed by a moist con next poo, oil rinse, deep con.

So I suppose I will have to wait about 3 days to see the color. So far the ends are a nice auburn.

nikolite

I'm not sure if I already I just henna'd Saturday and am just in love with the results. It definitely makes fine hair feel stronger and substantially cuts down on any breakage (no little broken hairs over the sink while styling). Miraculously, it also makes my cornrows much less fuzzier and last twice as long as usual.

I soooo recommend trying it for those who haven't.

I only use 1/2 box of Reshma Henna (actually I mix the whole thing and freeze the rest--it thaws very nicely overnight). Then I add:
--Hot water
--Lemon juice (just a tsp)
--Coconut Oil
--Suave Trop Coconut conditioner

Let it sit under a plastic cap under dryer for 30 minutes, then I put a warm hat over it and go about my business for 1 1/2 hours. After rinsing, I DC really well for about an hour (30 min under dryer, 30 min under a hat). And voila!!

omachine

i henna every four to five days because the gray along my hairline appears again within this time frame...i was worried that this would be too much but so far my hair hasn't had any adverse effects...i've been doing this for almost two months now...

i mix my karishma henna with black tea and yogurt....or black tea and vo5 conditioner...whatever is readily available...

casey3035

Where can I find indigo and what is it. Is indigo a semi permanent color I would get from a local BSS? I'm confused-sorry!

gn1g

I did this weekend and am very pleased with my results. I was covering the grey so I used a henna that was blended with coffee. I mixed it with Amla and hot water. Lover the highlights. Now if I could just do this twice a month I would be okay. I followed up with Kenra MC, but my hair is still ery brittle feeling. I need a really good moisturizing leave in.