Sew-in Weaves: how to wash

If i decide to get a sew -in for protective styling i want to know if anyone has any techniques for washing it w/o the tracks loosening. I have some dandruff so i can't get away w/o washing.

Ms.Honey

If i decide to get a sew -in for protective styling i want to know if anyone has any techniques for washing it w/o the tracks loosening. I have some dandruff so i can't get away w/o washing.

Bump! I'd like to know about this. My curly/wavy weaves always tangled when I washed them.

You can dilute your products in applicator bottles to get to your scalp and you can braid your hair to keep it from tangling:yep:.

RegaLady

I am contemplating getting a sew in this weekend! I just wash regular and condition, but blowdry the 'weave hair', so you keep the silky nice look! If the hair braider does a good job in braiding, you should be okay. If the hair braider does a good job in securing it, you should be okay. Also, I just let my own hair breathe on its own or air dry. Then put moisturizing lotion and oil between the braids. If you need to DC, then put it in the plastic bag, cover it up, and sit under the dryer. You have to be very gentle.:grin:

sweetsuccess

so i got my very first sew in yesterday.. and boy do i LOVE IT! ... i got it to look exactly as my natural hair look and no one that ive seen since i got it has noticed that its a weave.... its beautiful.. it looks sooo real. im still in shock

it feels like i have a cap of braids on my head though. and it hurt so bad to wrap last night... is there a specfic simple way to wrap without pullin on my braids.. :wallbash: ??

and as far as the washing... im stuck on that too which is why im sooo happy about this thread.

i plan to put a diluted moisterising shampoo with an applicator bottle to my roots/braids... and run conditioner with my braids and hair ...

as far as drying.. how do i dry my roots? do i let them air dry? what do i do with my hair? its straight but in layers?

suggestions please?

ayoung

if u have a hooded dryer--that's the best for drying.

I wouldnt air dry b/c the braids may not dry quick and you don't want your hair to stink from mildew.

When i didn't have a hooded dryer I sectioned my hair and used a hand held to get it mostly dry--from there i air dried it and never had a problem.

sweetsuccess

okay. one more sew in question!!?!!??

i wana keep my braids/roots moisturized to prevent breakage (especially because of my transitioning)! how do i go about doing that ? i honestly want to grease/moisturize my scalp every day.. but wana know if thats unacceptable? iis that gona make my 'hair' oily?? maybe i should use an applicator bottle and put watered down leave in conditioners??

loulou82

i wana keep my braids/roots moisturized to prevent breakage (especially because of my transitioning)! how do i go about doing that ? i honestly want to grease/moisturize my scalp every day.. but wana know if thats unacceptable? iis that gona make my 'hair' oily?? maybe i should use an applicator bottle and put watered down leave in conditioners??

I moisturize my hair er'day (usually twice a day) with a homemade spritz (distilled water, castor oil, aloe vera juice, lavender oil) in an 8 oz water bottle. My weave is never oily by doing this. I make sure the spritz gets on my cornrows and then I spritz it on the weave to fluff it up. My siggy shows the sew in.

I also wash my hair in twists to prevent tangles.

sweetsuccess

I moisturize my hair er'day (usually twice a day) with a homemade spritz (distilled water, castor oil, aloe vera juice, lavender oil) in an 8 oz water bottle. My weave is never oily by doing this. I make sure the spritz gets on my cornrows and then I spritz it on the weave to fluff it up. My siggy shows the sew in.

I also wash my hair in twists to prevent tangles.

thanks girl. ima do it RIGHT noW! lol

sweetsuccess

is it bad to cowash often while you have a sew in ?! .. my hair is annoying me.. for the fact that it gets oily looking after 3 days.. n ijust wana go wash and flat iron my bangs... am i able to? or is that bad??

glamazon386

I wash mine in the shower once a week and then let it airdry. Just don't scrub too hard. You can also sit under the dryer. I spray braid spray on the braids a few times a week.

glamazon386

Bump! I'd like to know about this. My curly/wavy weaves always tangled when I washed them.

Most of the BSS curly/wavy hair is going to turn into a tangled mess once you wash it. It's just the nature of the hair. It always looks good until you wash it a few times. That's why I stopped buying it unless it's just for a quick hair do that needs to last 2 weeks or so.

ayoung

I use ORS Olive Oil Lotion. It comes in a bottle with applicator tip and makes it easy to get in between the braids. You don't have to worry about your hair getting all oily and it is agood moisturizer and if you want, you can add goodies to it.

Sally's sells it.

Most of the BSS curly/wavy hair is going to turn into a tangled mess once you wash it. It's just the nature of the hair. It always looks good until you wash it a few times. That's why I stopped buying it unless it's just for a quick hair do that needs to last 2 weeks or so.

The funny thing is that mine rarely tangles. My look can last up until 3 mos and still look good :perplexed go figure. I just have to moisturize that's where I've been slipping...bad too:wallbash:

LadyPaniolo

I'm in :love4: :love3: :love2: :love: with my sew-in! It's just great! I work out daily and get pretty sweaty, so I wash my braids underneath with some shampoo diluted in an applicator bottle, followed by some diluted condish.

I was wondering about a curly weave... spirals that look like a type 3c. How can one comb this type of weave without loosening the curl definition? Maybe if you put ponytail holders on the ends before washing it, it wouldn't tangle up?

Has anyone been successful in wearing this type of curly weave without massive tangling, even with lots and lots of washing? I know Glamazon said it tangles for her, has anyone else unlocked the secret of the curly weave?

Curlybeauty

when you use the diluted shampoo in an applicator bottle method, do you have to rinse after that with water to get it out? or is the dilution gentle enough to just leave on the hair? hope this isnt a dumb question..