Flexi-Strand No Sew, No Glue, Hair Extension System

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The tracks look like there is hair on both sides of the track "seam". The hair on one side of the track is incorporated into the cornrows as they are braided, as opposed to braiding then sewing/glue. I bet you could do the same thing with regular tracks if you braid it right.

mzsophisticated26

Never seen this before clever concept. i wanna see how the top of the head looks, in the vid all the Hair and styles look wiggy and shiny.

TwistNMx

The tracks look like there is hair on both sides of the track "seam". The hair on one side of the track is incorporated into the cornrows as they are braided, as opposed to braiding then sewing/glue. I bet you could do the same thing with regular tracks if you braid it right.

Looks tricky alright, and you just might be right about that. :yep:
Thanks for the response. :yep:

TwistNMx

Never seen this before clever concept. i wanna see how the top of the head looks, in the vid all the Hair and styles look wiggy and shiny.

I found this: http://www.shop.flexistrand.com/
They say they only will use this special kind of hair. It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me though. :ohwell:

I saw this on their site I just found:

Last edited:

Eluv

My mom has a full install using Flexi-strand hair. It's basically two tracks sewn together and you braid one track into the cornrow.

TwistNMx

My mom has a full install using Flexi-strand hair. It's basically two tracks sewn together and you braid one track into the cornrow.
Thanks for enlightening me. Much appreciated. :rosebud::heart:
:sweet:

I just may try this out in a few weeks. If anyone's interested I will post pictures if I decide to do it. :yep:

Who knows, maybe others may want to try this too. :yep:
Now I know why the picture isn't clear with the hair because they did not want to give away their secret.

Thanks a million! :yep:

fancypants007

Does anyone know about this method? Sounds good and thought some of you might want to see this video I ran across.

I could not believe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhad2973U

Any comments, etc would be greatly appreciated. :yep:
I could not figure out how they do this.

I had this put in last April when I was on the long stretch and the girl I found to do it for me in my area, did not do a good job. I know, because I went to another girl in my area to get it removed, and she told me it wasn't put in good. It was OK, but I wasn't impressed with it. It is also very expensive and they want you to get it removed every 6 weeks. I think I paid $175.00 and this was for the synthetic type of hair, not human. Perhaps they now have more of a variety of hair to choose from.

TwistNMx

I had this put in last April when I was on the long stretch and the girl I found to do it for me in my area, did not do a good job. I know, because I went to another girl in my area to get it removed, and she told me it wasn't put in good. It was OK, but I wasn't impressed with it. It is also very expensive and they want you to get it removed every 6 weeks. I think I paid $175.00 and this was for the synthetic type of hair, not human. Perhaps they now have more of a variety of hair to choose from.

I'm not worried, I sewed in weaves years ago so I have experience and am not afraid of it.
I also had them done when I did not know any better and yes the original sew ins were expensive and they pulled my hair out. I learned through all of my experiences that if I want something done "right", then do it myself! :yep:

Eluv

Do you have any pics to share? Does she like it? How long has she had it? Details please

I should have a picture tomorrow. She kept it in for 2 months and likes it better than the sew it. She said the flexi-strands are more comfortable on the scalp, less time consuming to install and remove.

TwistNMx

hmmmmm.... i wonder if i could make this myself..

I think you could. I'm going to give it a go.
It might also be the way that they are sewn together (tip to tip or layered). I'm not sure, but I remember some wefts already doubled. I'm researching this. :yep:
Thanks for the response.

teysmith

I think you could. I'm going to give it a go.
It might also be the way that they are sewn together (tip to tip or layered). I'm not sure, but I remember some wefts already doubled. I'm researching this. :yep:
Thanks for the response.

I would give it a try now if i had some synthetic hair handy..

Russet

hmmmmm.... i wonder if i could make this myself..

I'm sure you can...You can use the type of hair that you want, and sew an inexpensive thin weft, (maybe even split wefts if they're thick enough to cut through), and incorporate that into your braid.

What i'm worried about is would the weft itself be too heavy for the braid? Or will it be ok? I'm considering doing this myself later into my transition during the fall/winter.

TwistNMx

I should have a picture tomorrow. She kept it in for 2 months and likes it better than the sew it. She said the flexi-strands are more comfortable on the scalp, less time consuming to install and remove.

I'm really excited...any pictures yet? :look:

TwistNMx

Pictures? Do you have any coming soon? :look:

mizchin

I wonder how they secure the braid??? If you are braiding one side of the weft into your hair what do you do to the secure the ends and keep the braids from unravelling.