Wobble...Your Thoughts?

mensa

Went to a church luncheon today and they had a dance instructor there teaching a group of folk how to do the dance called the wobble. They played a song by someone named VIC.:perplexed:sad:

I felt very uncomfortable.

Some of the other people there were upset too.

It was just like being at a club.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Went to a church luncheon today and they had a dance instructor there teaching a group of folk how to do the dance called the wobble. They played a song by someone named VIC.:perplexed:sad:

I felt very uncomfortable.

Some of the other people there were upset too.

It was just like being at a club.

There is a time and place and an appropriate place / occasion for everything. A Church luncheon is for the gathering of prayer, fellowship and ministering God's Word.

Dance lessons have a separate place and venue. As a Dancer, even I know and respect the difference.

The leadership of this luncheon should have made this clear.

There is just way too much "world' allowed in the Church. Worship is being diluted in its own House.

Dancing has its place and it not at a Prayer Luncheon. :nono:

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

There is a time and place and an appropriate place / occasion for everything. A Church luncheon is for the gathering of prayer, fellowship and ministering God's Word.

Dance lessons have a separate place and venue. As a Dancer, even I know and respect the difference.

The leadership of this luncheon should have made this clear.

There is just way too much "world' allowed in the Church. Worship is being diluted in its own House.

Dancing has its place and it not at a Prayer Luncheon. :nono:

Amen!

Behavior like this should have already been established as a no tolerance by leadership...

Shimmie

Staff member
Obviously leadership is totally unaware of the lyrics in the song.

@mrselle and @Renewed1,

I'm not familiar with the song, but I can only imagine how much it lacks in taste. Thanks for bringing it up for it made me more aware.

It's not enough that folks wanna shake their boom booms in the club, but they want to bring it into the Church where it does not belong. C

an 'they' not 'tarry with Jesus for at least an hour' and let the boom booms be still, and know that He is God?

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
There is a time and place and an appropriate place / occasion for everything. A Church luncheon is for the gathering of prayer, fellowship and ministering God's Word. Dance lessons have a separate place and venue. As a Dancer, even I know and respect the difference. The leadership of this luncheon should have made this clear. There is just way too much "world' allowed in the Church. Worship is being diluted in its own House. Dancing has its place and it not at a Prayer Luncheon. :nono:

My pastor JUST talked about this yesterday. We're soothing flesh in the church, and that's not called for.

mensa

One person who just got baptized, started laughing and said that they should not be doing the wobble in church. So why were some of the people who have been attending that church for several years getting up to do it? :nono:

Last edited:

bklynLadee

We are the church so whether in a bldg or not certain things should not be done especially when our witness is at stake.

NICOLETHENUMBERONE

One person who just got baptized, started laughing and said that they should not be doing the wobble in church. So why were some of the people who have been attending that church for several years getting up to do it? :nono:

There are soooooooooooooo many Christian artists that have good music.

They could have played Kirk Franklin, Ki Ki Sheard, Mary Mary, Lecrae, Cannon...the list goes on and on.

The only reason someone would play the wobble is probably because they don't listen to Christian music enough. When I listened to worldly music, I used to believe a lie that there wasn't any good Christian music out there. But when I really began to listen to Christian music on a regular basis, I began to see that it is a lot of Christian artists that give us enough great music to keep on repeat.

Shimmie

Staff member
There are soooooooooooooo many Christian artists that have good music.

They could have played Kirk Franklin, Ki Ki Sheard, Mary Mary, Lecrae, Cannon...the list goes on and on.

The only reason someone would play the wobble is probably because they don't listen to Christian music enough. When I listened to worldly music, I used to believe a lie that there wasn't any good Christian music out there. But when I really began to listen to Christian music on a regular basis, I began to see that it is a lot of Christian artists that give us enough great music to keep on repeat.

NICOLETHENUMBERONE :wave:
:welcome3: Thank you for sharing with us.

Shimmie

Staff member

They were 'telling' on themselves :yep:

CoilyFields

At first I thought you were talking about Wobble by Family Force 5, a Christian group.

But yeah, I could see how VIC's Wobble would be off-putting. It's something I would play at a party but not at church. The other Wobble comes on our Christian station and me and DD love dancing to it.