Post your favorite wise saying or inspirational quote

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Amein~ @ Pebbles .. :yep: A family member is enduring; but I know without a doubt God has their back! I just had to share that quote ..the scripture is marrow for the bones.

Blessings!

Laela

The happiest people don’t worry too much about whether life is fair or not, they just get on with it. ~Andrew Matthews

"A just balance and scales are the Lord's; all the weights in the bag are his work." ~Prov 16:11

PinkPebbles

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“It’s not what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” – W.C. Fields

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.”

Laela

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.
Arthur Ashe

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
^^^Needed to read this as I'm making decisions about my professional life. Thank you!

PinkPebbles

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." - Psalm 32:8

"Even in seasons when we think God is silent, traces of His hand can still be seen." - Leah

PinkPebbles

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." - J. Maxwell

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

Last edited:

Laela

“But whatever you do, find the God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for it. And you will make a difference that lasts. You will not waste your life.”
John Piper

“It is not about knowing, but about living.”
― Victor Manuel Rivera, In Search of True Freedom

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

"Every tear should live its purpose. Don't ever wipe the reason away. What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul."

"From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." - Psalm 61:2

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I thought about something my grandfather used to say every now and then (translated from Swedish):

Work as if you were going to live for 1000 years and love as if you were going to die tomorrow.

PinkPebbles

"To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have."

"If we try to see something positive in everything we do, life won't necessarily become easier but it becomes more valuable."

PinkPebbles

"Hope keeps us going. Hope is not wishing on a star for something; It's believing in the promises of God." - Stormie Omartian

"Let your hopes and not your hurts shape your future." - Rob Schuller

"But remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

PinkPebbles

"Often times God sends His children incredible gifts wrapped in strange packages; don't miss the blessing because it did not come wrapped in the way you expected." - Jentezen Franklin

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord." - Isaiah 55:8

Last edited:

Laela

God's timing is Everything.

Ecclesiastes 8:6
For there is a time and a way for everything, although man's trouble lies heavy on him.

mz.rae

Philippians 4:6-8 CEVUS06

Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Ever since one of my friends brought this scripture up in Bible study last week I have been meditating on it every night. It's really gotten me through the week.

Philippians 4:6-8 NLT

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Love both the translations!

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

“Want to keep Christ in Christmas – feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” - Steve Maraboli

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.....Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” - Matthew 25:35-40

Laela

John 6:37 “All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.”

God never made a promise that was too good to be true.
Dwight L. Moody

Happy New Year, PinkPebbles! :yep:

Laela

“In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
― John Bunyan