Post your favorite wise saying or inspirational quote

PinkPebbles

Hi Ladies –
This is a light hearted thread to share some wise sayings or inspirational quotes:coffee: .
Many times wise sayings and quotes give us that “Aha Moment” or simply give someone a reason to “Smile.”

Please join in….!!!!

PinkPebbles

Two of my favorites:

“Never stop living….to the world you may be but one, but to one you might be the world”

“Love always…it’s the driver for all great stories”

Last edited:

bellatiamarie

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

You're blessed when you're content with just who you are--no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." Matthew 5:5 The Message

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
These inspire me all the time ...

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."- Maya

"A good head and a good heart are a formidable combination." -Nelson

PinkPebbles

Laela I'm also inspired by Maya Angelou's writing. She possessed much grace and class and will always be remembered :Rose:

These inspire me all the time ...

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."- Maya

"A good head and a good heart are a formidable combination." -Nelson

PinkPebbles

“A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, Nor a sail to take us there, But a guiding light whose love shows us the way.”

“Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father” – Lydia Child

PinkPebbles

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

PinkPebbles

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life." - Virginia Wolfe

"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step.”

Elnahna

PinkPebbles

"God has called some to plant the seed and others to water the seed. Be authentic, you never know when God is at work."

Laela

I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother. -Charles Spurgeon

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life- Abraham Lincoln

Can you believe it?... your mothers' prayers following you all your life! Powerful stuff...:yep:

PinkPebbles

“Forget all the reasons why it won’t work, and believe the one reason why it will”

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13

“Don’t go through life, grow through life.” - Eric Butterworth

PinkPebbles

“There will be many chapters in your life. Don’t get lost in the one you’re in now.”

“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” Psalm 30:50

Laela

"One hand can't clap"

A proverb I grew up with... we can't do it all alone but always will need the support, encouragement and help from others to be successful.

PinkPebbles

"One hand can't clap"

A proverb I grew up with... we can't do it all alone but always will need the support, encouragement and help from others to be successful.

Amen and Amen!!! I was thinking about this quote while at work...and God placed the right people in my path to help me successfully complete a project :love2:

Laela thank you for sharing!

PinkPebbles

“Never place a period in your life where God only meant to place a comma.” – Gracie Allen

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." - Jeremiah 33:3

gn1g

Soul FoOD:

when you point the finger, you have 4 pointing back at you. ball up your fist and you have a mighty team . . . or something like that

PinkPebbles

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.- John 10:10

“A woman has to live her life, or live to repent not having lived it.” - D.H. Lawrence

PinkPebbles

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - MLK Jr.

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” - Jane Goodall

PinkPebbles

“Jesus did not come to make the Father’s love possible, but to make the Father’s love visible.”

“Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians.13:8

Relentless

Reinventing
I have many, but one that comes to mind are lines from a Kenny Roger's song. It can be applied in all areas of your life.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

Also, the enemy comes but to kill, steal, and destroy.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Wonderful Thread... :yep:

One day these words came from my grandson (he was just knee-high to a grasshopper). :lol: We couldn't find his Dad's car keys which were always in the same place. As we were all searching for the keys these words just flowed from my baby's heart.

"Evil Shall Not Triumph over Good"

I was amazed and realized that what we say around our children, that they are not only listening but interpreting (processing) what they hear us saying. The Word in some format or another is always spoken in our homes and these words flowed from his heart.

BTW: Not even minutes later, we almost immediately found the keys after these words were spoken. :yep: God is awesome. He is faithful to watch over His Word to perform it.

PinkPebbles

Shimmie a wonderful testimony and a timely quote! Thank you for sharing :)

Wonderful Thread... :yep:

One day these words came from my grandson (he was just knee-high to a grasshopper). :lol: We couldn't find his Dad's car keys which were always in the same place. As we were all searching for the keys these words just flowed from my baby's heart.

"Evil Shall Not Triumph over Good"

I was amazed and realized that what we say around our children, that they are not only listening but interpreting (processing) what they hear us saying. The Word in some format or another is always spoken in our homes and these words flowed from his heart.

BTW: Not even minutes later, we almost immediately found the keys after these words were spoken. :yep: God is awesome. He is faithful to watch over His Word to perform it.

PinkPebbles

“It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9

PinkPebbles

“There’s nothing to fear about rejection. It’s either God’s protection or a nudge in a better direction.”