What is wave nouveau?

Nonie

I seem to recall that it looked like a jheri curl but wasn't juice dripping like a jheri curl. Perhaps it was created using Wave Nouveau brand chemicals?

WAVE NOUVEAU COIFFURE
TEXTURIZED LOOK

versus

bluediamond0829

Its supposed to be like a dry curl. It doesnt have to have all the activator etc for it to wave/curl up but its applied the same way as a regular curl would be and rolled up. Different rods create different types of curls. the smaller the rod the tighter the curls. The big the rod more like looser waves. And also the longer the hair the more of a wave than a curl will be the end result.

My mom i think does the leisure curl something similar to the wave nouveau.

fluffylocks

They create a hair lotion and spray that some ladies use because it has glycerin in it and makes the hair really soft

The main ingredeint is ammonium thioglycate-----its not compatable with relaxers of course.

The ph of it is way lower than a relaxer---like 9, it really softens the hair and leaves it silky when properly moisturized, but if you dont, your hair will be really dry.

It leaves a perment wave or curl in your hair---its all dependent on how big the rollers they use in your hair

They first apply a creme to relax your hair, they use the term shape release i guess not to get confused with a relaxer.

Then i believe they rinse, and wrap your hair in rollers using this stuff called shape transformer, i think its like a neutrilizer/ph balancer, and setting lotion/moisturizer

Then they rinse i think, and pour alot of stuff on your hair called shape lock that puts your hair in the shape of the rollers

Then i believe they rinse that, take the rollers out, and sit you under the dryer untill your hair dryes

Then you have to moisturize your behind off.

They have a new version that says it allows you to wear your hair straight (you usually arent supposd to use heat with these chemicals) its called WN Coiffure....They say you can wrap your hair or rollerset it for a straight look, and that at most you can use a ceramic flatiron.

imstush

Its supposed to be like a dry curl. It doesnt have to have all the activator etc for it to wave/curl up but its applied the same way as a regular curl would be and rolled up. Different rods create different types of curls. the smaller the rod the tighter the curls. The big the rod more like looser waves. And also the longer the hair the more of a wave than a curl will be the end result.

My mom i think does the leisure curl something similar to the wave nouveau.

Interesting! I love wavy hair.

lisatamika

Nonie said:
I seem to recall that it looked like a jheri curl but wasn't juice dripping like a jheri curl. Perhaps it was created using Wave Nouveau brand chemicals?

WAVE NOUVEAU COIFFURE
TEXTURIZED LOOK

versus

:lachen:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I've done a couple wave nouveaus when I used to be in my aunt's salon. I's done pretty much with the same method as a jheri curl but the products are different.

The main difference is that with wave mouveau the waves are bigger and it is dryer than a jheri curl.

missnurselady

I had one of these when I was in the 7th grade( I was trying to be like Keisha from Total...Yall remember them right?) it was pretty, but like someone said before you have to moisturize because when it was dry it looked like I combed out a bunch of tight curls from a rod set. It also turned my hair a light brown color on the ends which looked horrible when dry.

Duchesse

WAVE NOUVEAU COIFFURE
TEXTURIZED LOOK

versus

Oh my goodness!!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:I almost choked on my boiled egg..lawdmammercy

ThickHair

To me it is a fancy way to say Jheri curl. A curl is a curl no matter the words you use. I hope they are not coming back in style.

PanamasOwn

I dont know about you guys, but WV was the WORST thing I ever did to my hair...My hair has some serious shedding, I mean daily. It was all over the place. It thinned out my hair BADLY.....I do not recommend WV for anyone... My hair didnt stop shedding until I cut off all the WV.... and went natural...

vpoetic

My friend use to used that stuff on her hair. Because she didn't put any heat on her hair it grew really long "waist length" With it her hair kind of looked like Chilli (from TLC) or Ananda Lewis. But I am not saying that it is meant for everyone because it seem to damage her sister's hair.