Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

Aggie

This morning I am:

Prepooing with Hairdrenalin Potion on my scalp and Hemp Seed oil on the length of my hair with a conditioning cap for 30 minutes

Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Conditioning with Keracare Super Reconstructor followed up with NG Mango and Coconut Water Infused Deep Conditioner

Moisturizing with Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

Sealing with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup.

CenteredGirl

Tried 22nd Natural Woman's regimen this weekend and hot darn it is great for my kinky hair. As you know I'm a great devotee of @almond eyes hair soaking method. That along with prayer as recommended by my fav youTuber Dephne. I am AMAZED at how my journey is making it finally possible to grow my hair. I am FULL shoulder length now and the lower back part of my hair is BSL. God is good ladies. You are ALL in my prayers!

Aggie

Tried 22nd Natural Woman's regimen this weekend and hot darn it is great for my kinky hair. As you know I'm a great devotee of @almond eyes hair soaking method. That along with prayer as recommended by my fav youTuber Dephne. I am AMAZED at how my journey is making it finally possible to grow my hair. I am FULL shoulder length now and the lower back part of my hair is BSL. God is good ladies. You are ALL in my prayers!
Wow I love Dephne and her channel.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Ladies help me out with this: is it true that the Joico chelating shampoo is no longer manufactured? That it's been replaced by a regular clarifying shampoo?

almond eyes

@snoop and @Aggie,

@almond eyes recommended to me some time ago that I wet my hair daily until it was softer to manage. If you search this thread, there are more deets. Essentially, I did this for sometime with excellent results. I'll look for you if you'd like, but can't do it 'til later. Bless you my super long hair sisters.

Hey Ladies,

I want to add that I suggest that method for when you need to get that moisture in but nothing seems to work but again I don't suggest it for the long term and it is critical to stick to your protein treatment regiment. I used that method for three months and it worked except I got lazy about my protein treatments and my fine hair became mushy and stringy and I had to cut off about two inches which was also probably damaged due to back to back color but that was in early 2015 and all is corrected now.

My hair is growing by leaps and bounds.

Here is my routine:

1. Shampoo and conditioner wash weekly. I do not use heat with my DC. I use plastic caps and keep my DC in for about 30 minutes to an hour. I do not pre poo. I find that pre poo was just a waste of products for me my hair already had enough product in it for the week. I also after detangling my hair go into the shower let the warm water penetrate my hair and then shampoo my hair outside the shower so I can see my hair in my big mirror since I don't have a mirror in my shower. This allows me to prevent tangles from the shampoo and I try to concentrate on my scalp and sometimes I will take a spray bottle and spritz down the section with a lot of water after shampooing. It when it is all done hop back into the shower and wash it all out gently.

2. Detangle hair by spritzing warm water and sitting under two plastic caps for 15 to 30 minutes with hair in four sections before shampoo and daily. I use ouches hair bands always soaked in water so they don't stick to my hair to section. And use a wide tooth comb starting with the ends and then using my fingers to pry apart difficult snags but gently. I do this only once a week on wash day with the comb. But the rest of the week it is a finger detangle but use the baggy method with the warm water spritz and then moisturize and do a light detangle and braid up into a style either in the morning or before bedtime.

3. After my shampoo and conditioner. I let my hair dry a bit with some vitamin reign by Komaza (twist my hair into four big sections) and then after an hour use a cream leave in (shea butter cream komaza or curl prep) but for the rest of the week spritz with warm water and use a watery leave in (califa komaza leave in moisturizer) and put into a braided protected style or four big braids. I do this everyday. If I feel like my hair might be too moist for styling and I don't want my hair to shrink so much and I want my hair stretched I will moisturize then every other day.

4. My hair is almost exclusively worn in a low manipulation hair style. So cornrow braids (no extensions) when I am out and about and four big tucked in braids in the house and on some occasions I wear my hair in a pony puff.

5. With no exceptions I do a protein treatment every four weeks. Stay away from protein leave ins.

6. Make sure that my ends and shaft get enough leave in conditioner because when your hair is dense you think that you have gotten every inch but you don't. I really get in their with the ends especially.

7. Wash my hair in sections only never loose

8. Do light dustings every four months when I see that the ends are not looking good.

Best,
Almond Eyes

snoop

@almond eyes thanks so much for this breakdown! I really need to improve my detangling game since I'm finding that my hair just loves to web. I think I'll have to use a combto detangle on a more regular basis to prevent that from happening, but of course I'll have to be extra gentle so as not to cause damage and mess up my retention.

When you steam yourhair then detangle does the water provide enough slip for the comb?

Aggie

Last night I completed day 5 of my inversions for August

Today:

Prepoo - AVJ and ST Sweet Potatoe Pie hair Cream
Shampoo - Macadamia Natural Oil Moisture poo
Deep Conditioner - NG Mango and Coconut Deep Conditioner
Moisturizer - Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer
Sealant - ST Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Butter

almond eyes

@almond eyes thanks so much for this breakdown! I really need to improve my detangling game since I'm finding that my hair just loves to web. I think I'll have to use a combto detangle on a more regular basis to prevent that from happening, but of course I'll have to be extra gentle so as not to cause damage and mess up my retention.

When you steam yourhair then detangle does the water provide enough slip for the comb?

Most welcome. I use a spray bottle with warm water and I find that that plus the baggying helps with the detangle process. I do not like to use conditioners to do the detangling before hand because it tends to be too much for my fine strands. Since I do this everyday, my hair never has a chance to web. My hair is always kept in four parts or cornrows. I only use a comb once a week on wash day but rest of the week finger detangle gently when I am moisturizing. When I do use the comb I start from my ends and when I hit a snag, I use my fingers or spray more water on my hair and then use my fingers. Since I use protein treatments every four weeks, my hair is strong to deal with the gentle finger detangle and daily moisturizing (with spritz warm water and moisturizer) and my hair is fine. I only lose the normal amount of hair that needs to be shed.

Again on my wash day, after my light detangle with the comb I go into the shower to saturate my hair again and again lightly detangle to make sure no tangles. And then shampoo my hair in my bathroom mirror. I do not like to use a comb in the shower with my hair because the force of the shower water and comb would be too much for my fine hair.

The webbing I think may be coming from wearing wash and goes and product build up, or product build up without detangling, not sleeping with hair in sections. As I said, I almost never wear my hair loose and I get into my hair everyday but with big braids to cut down on over manipulation.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:

snoop

My hair webs regardless it seems, but mainly because I don't comb frequently or finger detangle often. In the last few months I've worn twist and braid outs. I was rinsing frequently but not detangling as thoroughly as I should have been. I usually wear my hair in two strand twists then doing a few washes with them in before taking them out to detangle with a comb. That of course would cause even more webbing as shed hair gets caught in it. I do protein treatments monthly.

I will try steaming to detangle and comb detangling weekly and see how it goes. Thank you!

snoop

My hair webs regardless it seems, but mainly because I don't comb frequently or finger detangle often. In the last few months I've worn twist and braid outs. I was rinsing frequently but not detangling as thoroughly as I should have been. I usually wear my hair in two strand twists then doing a few washes with them in before taking them out to detangle with a comb. That of course would cause even more webbing as shed hair gets caught in it. I do protein treatments monthly.

I will try steaming to detangle and comb detangling weekly and see how it goes. Thank you!

I just want to say that I've done steaming to finger detangle twice now and wow! Loving it. The first time I steamed with my rinse out conditioner and it was great. The second time I needed more help so I mixed KCKT with the conditioner and magic happened! It was the beat detangling session ever. Both times I steamed with the heat cap.

Going to try now with super diluted conditioner (my daily spritz) and see what transpires. This is something I plan on keeping around (at least for a good while).

snoop

I just want to say that I've done steaming to finger detangle twice now and wow! Loving it. The first time I steamed with my rinse out conditioner and it was great. The second time I needed more help so I mixed KCKT with the conditioner and magic happened! It was the beat detangling session ever. Both times I steamed with the heat cap.

Going to try now with super diluted conditioner (my daily spritz) and see what transpires. This is something I plan on keeping around (at least for a good while).

So I did the spritz then steam. It was OK, but I prefer using a bit more conditioner. I'll have to try with various ratios so that I don't end up with product build up, but steaming to detangle is it for me! Thanks @almond eyes! You've helped my hair -- AGAIN!

almond eyes

So I did the spritz then steam. It was OK, but I prefer using a bit more conditioner. I'll have to try with various ratios so that I don't end up with product build up, but steaming to detangle is it for me! Thanks @almond eyes! You've helped my hair -- AGAIN!

Most welcome. I think your hair may be a bit thicker in diameter than my hair so steaming is fine. But my hair is superfine and I have a lot of strands so the steaming would be a bit too much as well as the conditioner. When your hair is superfine, gentleness is required. But for all of the women who may have a more in between hair characteristic steaming and conditioner for detangling works. Or perhaps a warm water spritz with conditioner in the bottle could help too. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Aggie

Right now I have some Redken Extreme Builder Plus mixed with AVJ and Avocado oil on my hair for maybe 20 minutes as aprepoo/DC on dry hair.

Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo

Possible Oil Rinse with hot Avocado oil

Moisture DC with NG Marshmallow Root DC mixed with SSI Riche Moisture Masque. I only have a little of the NG Marshmallow leftover so I have to make it up to fit my whole head.

Leave-In using NG Hibiscus & Honey Leave in conditioner.

Anaisin

Current hair situation

IMG_20160903_125723.jpg
of course the humidity didn't let my straight hair live. Which is fine because I don't own or ever plan to use edge control, I just let my edges be. So when they started sweating but the rest of my hair is still straight it kind of looks dumb and like I have a weave that I thought was okay to not blend with my leave out lmao

But back on topic, I added a little SM curling souffle and put it two loose braids last night. Brushed it out with a paddle brush. First time adding product since I straightened