New SheaMoisture Line - Jamaican Black Castor Oil

natural2008

Dear Shea moisture,
I'm tied of y'all releasing your products to different stores :(. Don't want to order from your website because CVS has buy one get one free which is a better deal. I've called a few CVS locations in my area yesterday and will have a shea moisture hunt today. Please stop releasing certain products to certain stores like Michael Jordan does his tennis shoes.

Thank you kindly,
Natural2008

overtherainbow

It took all the willpower in the world not to go into CVS and get the JBCO line. I couldn't help myself in Target though and I got the Manuka Honey DC and their Body Shea Butter blend to use as a sealant. They both smell amazing and they're not too fragrant like their other lines. The DC looks nice and creamy, but not as thick as their older products. I'm super happy to find more SM stuff now that I relocated to a more diverse area.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I got the Manuka line, today. I like it more than the castor oil line. It is the best detangling product line from SM. I got the shampoo, conditioner, and hair masque. I used the masque on dry hair first and left it in for half hour. I then shampooed my hair and finger detangled with shampoo. I wanted to do something drastic to test the products ability to easily detangle. I lost almost no hair. The conditioner is a wash out one. I can tell that the products are ph balanced because my hair was very curly. I was tempted to try a wash n go, but I am 3 months post. I don't think it will dry curly. :rolleyes: So far, I like the Manuka line the most!

oneastrocurlie

I got the Manuka line, today. I like it more than the castor oil line. It is the best detangling product line from SM. I got the shampoo, conditioner, and hair masque. I used the masque on dry hair first and left it in for half hour. I then shampooed my hair and finger detangled with shampoo. I wanted to do something drastic to test the products ability to easily detangle. I lost almost no hair. The conditioner is a wash out one. I can tell that the products are ph balanced because my hair was very curly. I was tempted to try a wash n go, but I am 3 months post. I don't think it will dry curly. :rolleyes: So far, I like the Manuka line the most!

DDTexlaxed
Wait wait. But you really liked the castor oil line right? Lol. I got the Manuka Honey Masque. Can't wait to use it tomorrow

overtherainbow

^Alright I'm sold, gonna pick up the rest of the line once Target restocks. All y'all cleared out the rinse out conditioners when I went today so I'm going to have to wait on those. I probably won't be able to try the DC until my next clarify (gotta conserve that stuff), but I'm going to give the butter blend a go tomorrow. It looks promising.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I just tried the Manuka Honey Masque, and it's pretty nice. I used it as a DC, and it soaked right in and made my hair really soft. It has a decent amount of slip, although not as grand as my Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, it's still decent. I like having the option of a DC I can get on the ground. I'd put it on the same level as the Shea Moisture Purification Hair Masque.

ImanAdero

UGGGGHHHHH I still haven't found the JBCO OR the Manuka Honey lines.

Been to 2 different CVSs and no JBCO. My Target had the hand cream and body butter for the Manuka Honey... But no damn hair products!!!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
My target has the DC and rinse out for the Shea Moisture Manuka line. That is the new line I am going to try. It looks absolutely yummy. Shea Moisture really did it this time. I see you Shea Moisture. You are working hard to keep the attention of these PJ's out here. You are about to get our coins...:grin:!

oneastrocurlie

Can anyone post the ingredients for the Manuka Honey line? Please.

Wildchild453
From the mane objective:
Ingredient List:
water, cetyl alcohol, coconut oil, behentrimonium methosulfate, shea butter, vegetable glycerin, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, panthenol, mafura seed oil, honey, hydrolyzed rice protein, fragrance (essential oil blend), baobab seed oil, cetrimonium chloride, avocado oil, fig extract, mango seed butter, tocopherol, aloe leaf extract, caprylhydroxamic acid, caprylyl glycol, butylene glycol*

http://www.maneobjective.com/2014/08/shea-moisture-manuka-honey-mafura-oil.html?m=1

Healthb4Length

I used the Leave-in and it provided nice detangling and slip. My hair felt soft but strong, my hair likes protein but I was like whoa:eek:, if you are protein sensitive watch out! I can see how this can quickly become an issue. The product also reminds me of Cantu Leave-in in texture/consistency and protein levels. It can sneak up on you. Also go light on this, I was heavy handed with application because the product is very light/fluffy and I didn't think it would be enough for me. I was wrong:nono:, my hair is kind of greasy today. This product has a lot of potential, just a slight learning curve on how to use it.

Kimiche

I had to take back 3 of the Shea Moisture JBCO products that I bought at CVS. The styling lotion, edge treatment and serum just did not cut it for me. I really like the shampoo and the leave in conditioner seemed fine the few times that I used it. I'm still a little bit on the fence. I am also on the fence about the masque.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
@DDTexlaxed
Wait wait. But you really liked the castor oil line right? Lol. I got the Manuka Honey Masque. Can't wait to use it tomorrow

Yeah, I really liked the castor oil line, but my hair loved the Manuka line better!:lol: I am strongly conflicted! I believe the castor oil line is for relaxed and heat using naturals. I think the manuka line is for naturals. My hair is texlaxed right now and is more strait than curly. I was thinking about transitioning, but I am so tired of BCing. I don't know what I am doing right now. I am just bunning. I used the Manuka masque to detangle before shampooing. It melted any tangles and I detangled with my fingers. The manuka masque and the castor oil leave in basically took away any need to buy the QB detangling ghee. I just am finding this may be what I need to have happy natural hair. I certainly am conflicted!:nono::lachen:

FemmeFatale

I went to my local CVS and it of everything there was only one hair mask left! It smells nice but the ingredients are kinda meh..like why is castor oil (not JBCO) halfway down the list?

SweetlyCurly

I went to my local beauty supply yesterday and only found the leave in...which is the only thing I've been interested in. I agree with the ladies that said that it had a vanilla smell. I liked it. I also noticed that this mess was too runny to be in a jar. As soon as I'm done with two leave ins I have that are almost gone I'll get this. Hopefully by then they'll have one of their famous BOGOs.

Ann0804

I went to my local CVS and it of everything there was only one hair mask left! It smells nice but the ingredients are kinda meh..like why is castor oil (not JBCO) halfway down the list?

I was concerned about that as well especially since JBCO is very different from castor oil. Seems like false advertisement.

Pennefeather

Yeah, I really liked the castor oil line, but my hair loved the Manuka line better!:lol: I am strongly conflicted! I believe the castor oil line is for relaxed and heat using naturals. I think the manuka line is for naturals. My hair is texlaxed right now and is more strait than curly. I was thinking about transitioning, but I am so tired of BCing. I don't know what I am doing right now. I am just bunning. I used the Manuka masque to detangle before shampooing. It melted any tangles and I detangled with my fingers. The manuka masque and the castor oil leave in basically took away any need to buy the QB detangling ghee. I just am finding this may be what I need to have happy natural hair. I certainly am conflicted!:nono::lachen:

I thought that the jbco shampoo was for clarifying instead of weekly washes. I used it last week. It was OK. I'm never truly fond of a shampoo that doesn't detangle in addition to clean.

Embyra

I really want to try the masque and leave in
From the line sigh don't know when it's going to be out in stores hete

Embyra

Embyra Ulta has the masque, leave in and shampoo. They are having a buy one, get one 50% off starting tomorrow :yawn: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11361009

Sigh thanks but I'm in uk guess I'll wait till 2016 to try it when it comes out smmfj lol

I'm going to have to ask my American friend to buy it for me cus I can't take it anymore I really think I'm going to love it lol

"Silently weeps and rubs some coconut and hibicus leave in on my ends "....