Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Gobal

I had to have a good 2-3 inches cut off due to damage caused by bleaching - never doing that again! Will try to do a length check tomorrow, I imagine I'll only be scraping bsl. I'll be straightening on NYE so hopefully should have some pics.

Merry Christmas!

Angel of the North

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

Had a pretty hectic couple of weeks with work and getting ready for the holidays so I missed wash day last week but I plan on washing tomorrow. I've been bunning like mad and I haven't used heat this month, I even wore a braid out bun for my work Christmas party.

I'm on antibiotics so I've stopped taking the Priteva and I've only been moisturising my hair and ends, I haven't been sealing. My hair is doing well under the circumstances.

Kindheart

Used Claudie s Murumuru acai butter 3 days ago and don't need to moisturize yet.great stuff! I have alot of shed hair ,it could be stress .

Aireen

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! My hair came out quite nice for dinner. I guess weekly Roux PC is keeping my hair in check.

mayoo

- Current length + hair type
BSL- not sure but I think 3c/4a/4b

- Regimen
Co-wash and DC once a week
Detangle in shower
Apply leave-in
Style for the week
That's it

- Plans to get to HL
Be cosistant!

- HL goal date
June 31, 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved
Keep growing!

cnap

:hiya:

- Current length + hair type
BSB + Mostly 4s
- Regimen
Wash, condition, M/S... the usual
- Plans to get to HL
Consistency
- HL goal date
12/31/14
- Plans once HL is achieved
Flat iron for the first time ever.

Last edited:

Aireen

Welcome new challengers! :)

Wow, I'm liking the turn out of this challenge actually. I thought people would be more apprehensive since the end date is so far ahead.

Here's a video of a HL lady to inspire you all, she's texlaxed. (You may want to skip/fast forward the video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkAV2Nsdi5M

Last edited:

Lovingmywaves12

Hi ladies!!!

Im in. To make this, I need to grow roughly, .75 inches of hair each month and retain all of it. That's very doable for me. The challenging part will be to stay in protective styles. This is normally where I fall off. So, I am coming here in hopes of gaining some support and check in partners that help to keep me accountable.

- Current length + hair type APL
- Regimen co wash daily. dc once a month.
- Plans to get to HL I plan to work out 5 days a week, protective style and keep my hair as moist as possible. My hair really thrives in moisture.
- HL goal date December 31, 2014. Im giving myself the whole time as I may have to cut some hair (a hair boo boo that I am currently trying to fix)
- Plans once HL is achieved I think that will be as far as I go. so I will just maintain from there.

kurlllz

Lovingmywaves12 said:
Hi ladies!!!

Im in. To make this, I need to grow roughly, .75 inches of hair each month and retain all of it. That's very doable for me. The challenging part will be to stay in protective styles. This is normally where I fall off. So, I am coming here in hopes of gaining some support and check in partners that help to keep me accountable.

- Current length + hair type APL
- Regimen co wash daily. dc once a month.
- Plans to get to HL I plan to work out 5 days a week, protective style and keep my hair as moist as possible. My hair really thrives in moisture.
- HL goal date December 31, 2014. Im giving myself the whole time as I may have to cut some hair (a hair boo boo that I am currently trying to fix)
- Plans once HL is achieved I think that will be as far as I go. so I will just maintain from there.

.75 inches per month seems like a lot. My hair grows about .5 a month. I never considered myself having fast growing hair but some ppl know their hair can grow that fast.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

- Hair Type and Length: 3c/4a, BSL
- Regimen: Weekly Rollersets, Daily M&S ends, 2X Month DCs, 2X year Texlax
- Plans to get to HL: Stay consistent and take care of my ends
- HL goal date: Anytime before or in 2014
- Plans once HL is achieved: Reevaluate length goals, maybe cut to full WHip length

Last edited:

Cersei

Hi!

Current length + hair type: BSL/MBL. I'm mostly 4a but I have a patch of 3c near my nape.
Regimen: Wash every other week, detangle with conditioner, twist with coconut oil and moisturize/seal as needed.
Plans to get to HL: I really need to take better care of my ends. Last time, they were rough and full of split ends because I hadn't trimmed in 2+ years. So regular dusting is a must for now on.
HL goal date: I think I can be there by early 2014, but let's say June 2014. :yep:
Plans once HL is achieved: Grow until it's at an even length and then think about whether I want to cut back or not. I definitely don't want to grow any further. (I think.)

Here is my starting pic

bebezazueta

Almost to a new year ladies

How far are you from HL?

What are your trimming plans?

I'll start. I'm 6 inches away from HL! I plan to trim with every relaxer & I relax 4 times a year. I should have really blunt ends at HL by December 2014. Excited!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

How far are you from HL?

I'll start. I'm 6 inches away from HL! I plan to trim with every relaxer & I relax 4 times a year. I should have really blunt ends at HL by December 2014. Excited!

I'm a good 8 inches away :cry: I'm going to keep my trims to a minimum. .. haven't figured out a trim schedule yet. ..

ManiiSweetheart

How far are you from HL?

I'm 7 inches from HL and I plan on trimming as I usually do. I trim my the phases of the moon and all that good stuff.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

How far are you from HL?

I'm also 6 inches away & trim at every relaxer. I relax twice a year.

Fhrizzball

How far are you from HL?

I'm ~10 inches away :sad:

I don't have a trimming schedule but I think I'll try to do it seasonal so my next one would be sometime in the spring. Hopefully I will be more than just grazing BSL by then.

Aireen

How far are you from HL?

I'm 12 inches away last time I did a rough check. Could be more, could be less, I have no idea but I'll do a better check when my hair gets longer since it'll be easier. I've skipped trimming recently and my ends actually look okay so I'm going to see how long I can go without the scissors. I relax 3-4x/year usually - I'm trying to make it only 3 for 2013 but summer is so brutal. I'm taking vitamins so no deficiency is going to get in the way of growth this coming year.

jesusislove1526

I joined a while ago, but here's my starting picture for 2013.

How far are you from HL?
I am currently 11 inches away from HL

I trim 2x per year-- once for my blowout in May on my curlyversary, and the other time in November or December when I do my annual flat iron.

Attachments

• 12-29-12--2nd Annual Flat Iron (6) (600x800).jpg
    12-29-12--2nd Annual Flat Iron (6) (600x800).jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

ManiiSweetheart does trimming by moon phrases help? When do you trim exactly? With each full moon?

ManiiSweetheart I vote for you to remind us when it's time to trim for the moon phases...I wouldn't mind trimming around that schedule:yep:

Yes I'd love to remind you ladies and I trim/dust anytime from the new moon until half way to the full moon. And each zodiac represents a different reason for trimming ..like promoting/retarding growth, thickness of the hair. I'll try and find the website I got it from. And post the chart asap.

Personally I like this method because just makes sense. Farmers plan when they tend to the farm on the same schedule. And I think plants growing in the earth is equivalent to the hair growing on our heads.