Cherry Lola (2014)

nlamr2013

Straightening treatment? I have no idea how that would work. As far as the Cherry Lola, how long did you leave it on your hair? When you say it worked better, what it are you referring to? Were you expecting the Cherry Lola treatment to straighten your hair?

Hmm I guess I shouldn't say straightening since thats not even why I used it. I used it to strengthen and reduce frizz which it did my hair usually has not curl at the root after this the strands curled from root to tip in my natural curl pattern. And my hair just feels real fluffy
The cherry lola I left it for maybe 2 or so on hours? I cant temember because I actually fell asleep with it t in for a bit lol
And I mean n eorked better as in the cl didnt harm my hair from what I can feel nut my hair for the m8st part was still on super frixzy and mothing else really changed though some of my curls did pop.

No I wasnt looking to straighten my hair

bronzephoenix

Why are there no pics in this thread? *pouts*

I'll probably be doing this treatment again in another week or so. It was beyond amazing. I'll be sure to take plenty more pics then.

image-3257821470.jpg
This is after a regular cowash.
image-2993593409.jpg
This is Day 1 of MHM. (Cherry Lola + DC + Clay rinse)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

AKA-Tude

I FORGOT about THIS!!!!

I have only done it once a while back,
but my hair loved it!

Thanx for reminding me!!!

Karmi

Hey guys.

Wanted to share my experience with the CL treatment. I did it for the first treatment 3 months ago and love it! I decided to do it once a month and I've notice a significant decrease in frizz. Soooo happy!

I think the treatment helps my W&G's last longer. On my 5th day of this w&g and my hair looks great.
FYI, I deep condition after the treatment.

image-1891586368.jpg

bronzephoenix

Are you ladies doing this treatment on clean or dirty hair?

I started on clean hair. I was paranoid that it may not have the full effect over old product. However, it's a bit of a clarifier so I don't think it has to be squeaky clean...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
thanks a bunch! Will do!

I had never heard of silk amino acid before, so I had to look it up. Based on the information that I found, I would say yes. Here's a comparison of the amino acids in the silk amino acid vs Braggs:

Silk Amino Acids (from Wikipedia)
Predominant composition of silk amino acids (by weight*):[7]

L-Alanine (34.36%)
Glycine (27.23%)
L-Serine (9.58%)
L-Valine (3.49%)
L-Threonine (2.00%)
[*SAAs contains other amino acids but only those representing >2.00% are listed due to their greater relevance]

Bragg Liquid Aminos (from their website)
Bragg Liquid Amino contains following essential Amino Acids:
* Arginine
* Aspartic
* Lysine
* Glutamic
* Serine
* Threonine
* Alanine
* Glycine
* Proline
* Isoleucine
* Methionine
* Valine
* Phenylalanine
* Tyrosine
* Leucine.

At first glance, it would appear that Bragg's has more individual aminos than the silk amino acid; however, the Bragg's amino acid content list is not broken down by weight as the silk one is. Also, the content list for the silk amino acid states that it does in fact contain more amino acids, but they're just not listed, because they are present in less significant amounts than the ones listed. It could be the case for the Bragg's that there are also only a handful of its listed amino acids that are present in significant quantities; it's just that we're not given the actual breakdown.

The thing that makes me think that they could be comparable is the effect that silk amino acid seems to have on the hair. By all accounts that I've read and heard, the silk amino acid seems to lend the same detangling properties to the hair as the Bragg's amino acids do in the Cherry Lola treatment - that property that makes the tangles melt from the hair.

So, if you already have silk amino acid in your beauty pantry, I would say it's definitely worth a shot at subbing it in place of the Bragg's. Although for future reference, you may want to invest in a bottle of Bragg's as it appears that the Bragg's is significantly cheaper than the silk amino acid. I bought a 32 oz bottle of Bragg's for under $8.00. I don't know the standard price for the silk amino acid, but a quick search suggests that it's much higher than the Bragg's.

If you do end up trying it out, come back and let us know how it worked out for you.

msbettyboop

Cherry Lola is the hair treatment (consisting of yogurt, baking soda, and liquid aminos) named after the creator of the conconction. Here is the link to what I believe is her first post about it on her blog. As you'll see from the blog post, this was something that Cherry Lola stumbled on over 5 years ago. However, the first time that I heard about it was via this thread discussing the Maximum Hydration Method which incorporates the Cherry Lola treatment, or a variation of it, as part of that method. I found the actual recipe on the Cherry Lola website to be a little confusing, because she uses ratios as measurements instead of actual measures like cups or tablespoons. However, those ratios work out to be the following measurements, which is the recipe that people using the standard Cherry Lola treatment as originally devised are using: 2 cups plain whole fat yogurt 2 tbsps baking soda 2 tbsps liquid aminos (I use Bragg's)

A thousand thanks!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

imaginary

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but has anyone tried this without the baking soda? Does it still work?

Or maybe just putting the aminos in some conditioner and trying it that way?

SweetlyCurly

So, I just tried MHM this week, and the cleansing portion of it essentially calls for conditioner and baking soda. I also added some liquid aminos to my mixture just to see how it would turn out in comparison to the Cherry Lola treatment. Well, my hair did not like the combination of conditioner and baking soda. As I explained over in the MHM thread, my hair seems to want protein once the cuticle is lifted by the baking soda. All that extra moisture from the conditioner just made my hair mushy. For my hair, it's the combination of the protein with the moisture that makes the magic happen. Using conditioner instead of the yogurt removes a lot of the extra protein that's part of the treatment.

Obviously, I can only vouch for how this combination effects my hair, but there it is.

Did you use a regular conditioner or a protein conditioner?

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
I'm going to try this (although I am due for my amino acid strengthening treatment - Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse ). Wonder if you can overdue the aminos...