Is it weird that I find it weird that when you google image "beautiful dreadlocks"

Angelbean

Re: Is it weird that I find it weird that when you google image "beautiful dreadlocks

I don't really think its odd as other races as much as our own understands the beauty that are dreadlocks...

FancyGirl

Re: Is it weird that I find it weird that when you google image "beautiful dreadlocks

9.5 out of 10 white people dreads look gross af. Nothing "beautiful" about it. And I'm upset that I googled it and majority of the folks pictured are indeed white.

ManeStreet

Google "beautiful locs". Most black people don't call them dreadlocks anymore. That's why you are getting those image results.

nlamr2013

Google "beautiful locs". Most black people don't call them dreadlocks anymore. That's why you are getting those image results.

Just about to say this! I was call I no them dreads and these fools were like what are you talking get about you mean locs lol I was like bye
But yes black people call them locs and white people call them dreadlocks lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

No matter what I google, white girls find their way into the google images :lachen:. I am pretty specific too. I use keywords like: kinky, 4b, natural, shrinkage, etc.

Loveygram

Google pretty locs . Hope that helps :)

NIN4eva

Maaan, let me get up in here... I went from yarn locs to yarn braids and finally to permanent loc extensions all just this spring and summer, so I've been hard core at the research since about December, and this issue has been The Bain of My Existence. They have forums dedicated and everything. I'm not trying to down them for doing their thing, but they are In My Way. :computer:

1BalancedBeauty

I noticed that on instagram, if you search "dreads" or dreadlocks", a lot of white people come up. If you search "locs", it's the opposite. Not always, but mostly.

prettybyrd

@1BalancedBeauty, try your search by including the term you want excepted: locs, -white people. This is not fool proof. However, it should return fewer images with white people. You can try this with "dreadlocks" as well.

ETA: just tried 'dreadlocks, -white people' and it does not work. Just use locs.

Last edited:

1BalancedBeauty

@1BalancedBeauty, try your search by including the term you want excepted: locs, -white people. This is not fool proof. However, it should return fewer images with white people. You can try this with "dreadlocks" as well.

ETA: just tried 'dreadlocks, -white people' and it does not work. Just use locs.

Cool. Thanks!