Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Evolving78

So, I am transitioning again. Yes I enjoyed being texlaxed but I really miss my coils, curls and kink. I miss my hair care routine and I miss how fluffy and pillow soft my natural hair was (not that it isn't soft now but it's a different kind of soft). I'm 18 weeks post and have been doing mostly protective styles for the past 12 weeks. New growth is out of control, thank the Lord!!! Anyhoo, with so much new growth and varying textures, I wasn't sure how my hair would turn out. I expected a tangle mess of yuck but nope. I just rinsed out my DC and I cannot believe it. My roots are super soft. Kinky but soft. I have about 3 inches of new growth and am about to do my relaxed hair routine for this rollerset. Pray for me y'all. We are going out tonight and I hope my hair does not turn out looking like I let Prince's daddy in Purple Rain do my hair. If it does and I have to stay home, I'm going to eat some crab legs, Chinese food, a cake, watch Golden Girls and laugh/pout!
Your sense of humor is like mine! :lachen: sounds like something I would say and do! Lol

Bad&Bougee

So, I am transitioning again. Yes I enjoyed being texlaxed but I really miss my coils, curls and kink. I miss my hair care routine and I miss how fluffy and pillow soft my natural hair was (not that it isn't soft now but it's a different kind of soft). I'm 18 weeks post and have been doing mostly protective styles for the past 12 weeks. New growth is out of control, thank the Lord!!! Anyhoo, with so much new growth and varying textures, I wasn't sure how my hair would turn out. I expected a tangle mess of yuck but nope. I just rinsed out my DC and I cannot believe it. My roots are super soft. Kinky but soft. I have about 3 inches of new growth and am about to do my relaxed hair routine for this rollerset. Pray for me y'all. We are going out tonight and I hope my hair does not turn out looking like I let Prince's daddy in Purple Rain do my hair. If it does and I have to stay home, I'm going to eat some crab legs, Chinese food, a cake, watch Golden Girls and laugh/pout!

Oh shoot!!! I'm going out! My rollerset came out really pretty. Roots are super thick but they provide volume which works for the style I am wearing tonight. I'm not sure if it's the DC or the Red Roobios tea prepoo that has my hair so pretty or maybe because it has been in protective styles for so long. My hair is SO soft and moisturized. No crab legs and Golden Girls DVDs for me tonight!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:happydance:I really want to get some kinky clip ins!! I want the half up half down style with jumbo flat twists in the front. But....I don't want human hair. Even tho they look so nice. I just can't wear human hair lol. So if I ever find synthetic kinky clip ins I would so fast to try them. I want to tuck my hair away under the clip ins. Just for a day I would like to have my hair out, but not have my hair out lol.

Evolving78

Oh shoot!!! I'm going out! My rollerset came out really pretty. Roots are super thick but they provide volume which works for the style I am wearing tonight. I'm not sure if it's the DC or the Red Roobios tea prepoo that has my hair so pretty or maybe because it has been in protective styles for so long. My hair is SO soft and moisturized. No crab legs and Golden Girls DVDs for me tonight!
Those crab legs and GG DVDs sounds like a great evening to me! Lol glad your hair came out great and have a good time!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I have a wedding to attend on Saturday. I want to straighten my hair. But I won't. I don't have the patience to do it myself and I'm chickenshyt for professionals. I have one lady (never caused damage) and another I want to try (I've seen her results).

I already have my twist out planned out in my head.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
While doing a search for the dark glass jar and bottles, I found the most expensive glass containers ever: Infinity Jars

A supplement I want uses these containers; no wonder the price was so high. If I get it, I will be re-purposing the bottle for sure.

You just gave me an idea, I have a dark supplement bottle Im almost through with I dont know why it didn't occur to me before

faithVA

While doing a search for the dark glass jar and bottles, I found the most expensive glass containers ever: Infinity Jars

A supplement I want uses these containers; no wonder the price was so high. If I get it, I will be re-purposing the bottle for sure.
Some times you can find these bottles at places that sell specialty oils and vinegar. Might find some oils at 5he grocer. Might be able to find some bottles more reasonably priced and on the ground. Just an idea.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
YES!! Isn't wash day the best?! The whole process takes about 2 days but I love it. IDK why. The ONLY thing I hate about doing my hair is roller setting. I am not good at it and I get impatient because I have to wait 2 more hours to see the results of my 2 day process.

FYI - my wash day doesn't have to take 2 days but I like pampering my hair. We fight less if I do the 2-day routine versus a 3 hour wash day.

:yep: Yessssssss . . . I am slowly making this discovery. Thanks for sharing, so I know it's not just me. :smile:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:happydance:I really want to get some kinky clip ins!! I want the half up half down style with jumbo flat twists in the front. But....I don't want human hair. Even tho they look so nice. I just can't wear human hair lol. So if I ever find synthetic kinky clip ins I would so fast to try them. I want to tuck my hair away under the clip ins. Just for a day I would like to have my hair out, but not have my hair out lol.

Y'all! I am going to make my own clip ins! I've gotta plan.

Evolving78

I don't understand why somebody would ask another person on YouTube to do a product review all Willy Nilly? Like you buy something, or you are interested in a product, and you ask someone to go and purchase a product and randomly try it for you to feel comfortable in your purchase?
People are crazy!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The bantu knot out was nice, but I have to redo it to keep my hair stretched, I should have rollerset. I keep saying it, but I really need to set next wash...

Bad&Bougee

Design essentials almond/avocado detangling shampoo is the best detangling agent I think I've ever used. Like it beats out Aussie moist to detangle this kinky curly weave and Aussie moist is the GOAT:eek::eek::eek:

Amazing! I was just eyeing this shampoo in the BSS today and decided against it because I need to stop buying products but if it's better than Aussie Moist I might have to try it. Thanks!

KinkyRN

Since having my hair analysis done I have honestly been struggling. Now that I realized I have fine hair I began to think back. I remember having nice twists out that weren't scalpy. So what happened. My hair always rebound from keratin, bad bleaching and general lack of knowledge on my part. Then it dawned on me. I have been getting crochet braids for about 2 years off and on. From October until May they were my staple low maintenance style with occasional wigs. Sooo, I came to the conclusion that the process of "crocheting" the hair into my cornrowed hair caused mechanical damage and thereby generalized thinning. In the microscopic pics of my hair there were lots of mid strand splits and some cortical tearing. So now that I know I can't do crochet braids anymore I have decided to loc my hair in June. Until then I will focus on the health of my hair. Hopefully with locs I can see some kind of length retention and be happy with my hair. Sorry for the long post ladies. Off to youtube I go!