APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
How can I get this style? A roller set?
PlainJane Flexi set. About 1 inch flexis with about 2-3 inch partings. Don't wrap the hair tight. Wrap loosely and take hair from top to bottom of flexi. Most people concentrate their hair in the center. Use the entire length of the set. Big parts are important.

Last edited:

PlainJane

Or even a magnetic set with purple rollers (the size under gray). Use setting lotion and a moisturizer.
Thanks! I'm going to pick some up this weekend. I really want to get into roller setting because I'm trying to stay away from heat for 2015. My relaxed ends just can't take it anymore.

krissyc39

If your ends are dry due to damage and splits I say cut them off as you don't want it to become worse. If you're wanting to cut for evenness then leave it alone unless you really have to ( I know some ladies gave to have even ends)

I definitely understand your perspective. I dont know that my ends are super split though... Just rough and high porosity. Once I do my deep conditioning treatments my ends feel amazing but its a lot of maintainance. Idk I did a search and destroy session after I took that picyure though :)

iLurk

Noticed that I had a bottle of kpak here that is old now. Opened it and squirted a little to see its lumpy and smells like bananas. I don't wanna throw it out and waste money though.

iLurk

i'm starting to question my length retention even though its only been about 2 months since my last pic was taken and i did give myself a mini trim it doesnt seem like my hair moved much. could also be im just trippin and expecting too much. i think i said i needed 2 inches til bsl last post but i think i still need 3 inches. cant say i hate my hair because i cant stop playing with it when im in the mirror but i am indeed frustrated.

I tried a roller set for the 9000th time and failed again i just dont think roller setting is for me and i've tried every single method on youtube so i just left it alone and trimmed it and put my hair into ponytails.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Don't feel bad iLurk. I suck at rollersetting too. The only ones I can use are flexirods and satin rollers...and that is on blown out hair. Wet sets are just a nono for me :nono:

My length is bothering me so much. After my trim I can barely twirl my hair in a bun. It's too short for many of the styles that I usually wear. I have been inverting daily for a week. I will keep inverting for a month and see if i get a growth spurt.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Is it ok to use Vo5 after a Nexxus Emergencee treatment? It seems really moisturizing and it gives slip like no other.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Do you guys think its too late in the year to have lighter hair colors? I had this wig https://www.hairsisters.com/product/GLANCE-SYNTHETIC-COCKTAIL-WIG-TROPICAL-SPICE/4227?backToShopping=%2Fcategory%2FEntry-Point%2F0%3Fpage%3D and thought it was pretty when I got it so I wanna get another one since i see theres more of a variety of colors online I'm thinking about getting it in a207

I like it and not sure on the rules for what colors you can wear during any given part of the year lol. If I like it I get it and wear it. It's a nice wig and it doubles as a pony too...win win

PlainJane

I never understood the idea of changing your hair color with the seasons but a few of my non-black coworkers always talk about this.

Just finished oiling my scalp with jbco. I need to get more consistent with this. I'm aiming to oil twice a week to finish the year strong.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It has been cloudy and raining all week here in Houston. I have to be sure and cover up my hair when I'm out and about. These Texas sized raindrops would ruin my hair for sure

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I made it to APL!:grin: So now on to BSL for 2015. I just went back in crotchet braids this weekend, and I'll have them in for at least rest of the year.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just took down my ballerina bun. The bun curled my hair a bit. 12 days post blowout and counting

Attachments

• 20141105_155909-1.jpg
    20141105_155909-1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 101

bluenvy

Upped my cowash sections to twice weekly. My hair now comes in contact with water 3x weekly. Wash day, and two cowash days. My hair likes this, less than regular shed hairs and great moisture throughout the week.