APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just washed my hair and redid my braids. I used evoo and argan oil to seal my ends. I love this weekly washing schedule. My hair and scalp seem healthier.

Im due for a trim next month, but I might just wait until zoctober or December. Im in no rush. My ends still look and feel great. I just wanted to clean up my layers a bit.

krissyc39

I just washed my hair and redid my braids. I used evoo and argan oil to seal my ends. I love this weekly washing schedule. My hair and scalp seem healthier.

Im due for a trim next month, but I might just wait until zoctober or December. Im in no rush. My ends still look and feel great. I just wanted to clean up my layers a bit.

How long has it been since your last trim? My ends were doing okay but one setback too many really made it necessary for a S&D :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How long has it been since your last trim? My ends were doing okay but one setback too many really made it necessary for a S&D :(
Last trim was in October 2013. It has been 9 months, but my ends haven't thinned. I rarely have any breakage unless I am too rough or the Dominicans are too rough with my hair.

mshoneyfly

Luscious850
You are so so close to APL! It looks nice and thick too. I hope to be close when I take down my sew-in. Im only leaving it up two months. I dont wanna have no setbacks. I will let it rest for a week and then texturize my NG.

I use the JFM texture softener too. My hair really likes it. I only leave it in for 15 mins and I dont do any smoothing to get the right amount of texture. Enjoy your freshly relaxed hair :)

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey ladies! Quick check in.. I texlaxed today after 9wks. I used just for me texture softener. The results were a little too straight but I'm expecting it revert after a couple of weeks. I do have a minor set back, my ends look like they got caught in a shredder. I decided to remove some of the damage (trimmed off about an inch) & I'll let the remainder grow out as I do small trims over time.

My hair grows in a V shape. I'm not worried about having super even ends right now as long as they aren't split or damaged I'm good.

You hair is beautiful! I love the v-shape

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am addicted to length checking. Every week after my wash I stretch my hair to see if anything has changed. I have a problem :blush: :lol:

veesweets

I redid my braid out last night using shescentit brazilnut buttercream and silk dreams mocha bling butter. It actually held up pretty well throughout the day

Attachments

• image-2394258823.jpg
    image-2394258823.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 100

snoop

Last week I was tugging at my hair to see how far away from APL I was. I figured that I was close but that it would take another month for me to make it to APL. This morning, I decided to do some tugging again but this time take a picture. Both sides are actually the same length, I was just able to straighten the left side a bit better for the pic and the perspective is a bit off in the two pics.

So have I made it or do I still have another month or so to go?

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1406287475415-picsay.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1406287475415-picsay.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 107

Joigirl

My nape is APL and approaching BSL. I think this part of my hair will be waist length next year assuming I have no setbacks. I will probably get a Deva cut once I reach my hair length goal. I guess being short has one benefit

Attachments

• image-3986267821.jpg
    image-3986267821.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 95

krissyc39

My nape is APL and approaching BSL. I think this part of my hair will be waist length next year assuming I have no setbacks. I will probably get a Deva cut once I reach my hair length goal. I guess being short has one benefit

Omg your curls are banging!!!

MsKikiStar

Checking in:: I didn't end up keeping the sew-in in. It literally lasted 2 hours :nono:. I don't know if him just not used to the weight or extra hair or maybe I did the braids too tight, but my scalp was annoyed with me. Instead I've been protective and low-manipulation styling.

I put all of my hair up in a bun and wrapped curly weave hair around it (I bleached and colored the hair blue). That lasted a week. Then for the next 2 weeks I had mini twists. Last week I tried wash & goes, which now I know I need to use heavier styling products to make my coils clump together (the attached photo is my hair with no product tho). It's been an enlightening hair month for me :spinning:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1543177697.jpg
    image-1543177697.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image-3722154577.jpg
    image-3722154577.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image-3345722441.jpg
    image-3345722441.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 47

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just washed my hair with Creme of nature argan oil. Then I used mabe and tail conditioner for the first time since I have been natural. It gave my relaxed hair so much slip. It smells great and I need protein in my life, but there was no slip :( I ended up using vo5 raz as a final rinse. Now im airdrying under a turbie towel. Im going to detangle qnd rebraid my hair later...
And yall know im gonna see if it grew this week #lengthcheckaddict

ronie

All the lovely hair in here. You ladies (and your daughters, HairPleezeGrow) have some gorgeous hair.
veesweets child this braid out is bomb. I've always loved your hair. We have a similar texture from what i've seen in previous pics. I could be wrong. I'm 4b/c

mshoneyfly

HairPleezeGrow
Your hair is soo pretty :)

OAN: I washed my weave yesterday. Its only been a week and the itchies were driving me crazy!

I used the roots only app bottle and a color app bottle both filled with a mix of ACV, AVG and water from the tea kettle for my scalp. It was instantly soothed. Then I cowashed the hair with a moisturizing DC I got from Marshall's. I sat under the Laila Ali dryer to dry my braids.

Then today I M&S'd the hair with Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Transitioning Milk and Vatika coconut oil. Did my best to oil the scalp with a JBCO, coconut and safflower oil mix. Scalp feels good and clean now. The hair is much smoother. I'm still wearing in its natural state. Too lazy to flat iron it just yet.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Fotchygirl

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
HairPleezeGrow your curls look great. It is uncomfortable sleeping in those rollers. I have to toss and turn and just take the pain all in the name of beauty :lol: im looking forward to getting my rollerset. This wig regimen is getting boring :(

bronxsoloist

Hey all
I Love taking peeks in here and checking out everyone's progress
After some lurking I finally decided to post up

Anywho unfortunately as of recent I washed my ghetto homemade length check shirt so I've been relying on strictly measuring on the body until I can get myself an OFFICIAL shirt.

I had my wife take a few photos today, I'm sure that I'm past APL, working on too hopefully BSL ( as unorthodox as this may be I do not wear a Bra so errrrrr.)

I'm pretty short, only 5 feet, and after my unofficial length check, I'm 6 inches away from my waist. I've a small torso :yep: Is waist length in August 2015 actually possible!? ::GASPS::

As of recent I've been getting slightly frustrated with my hair. I usually just wash my hair and twist it up while wet, but I've been getting messy ends lately, so I decided not to braid to the end, this sort of worked. But as of late I've been considering heat stretching or just lightly blow drying after washing to avoid the ends getting tangled. Very nervous about this though I've been a no heat natural since I began my HHJ in April '12. I'm not in the mood for heat damage, I'm also not in the mood for any setbacks due to a protective style thats not working out.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
You ladies rock!:grin:

Attachments

• image_6.jpeg
    image_6.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 76

myhairgrowstoo

Hey all
I Love taking peeks in here and checking out everyone's progress
After some lurking I finally decided to post up

Anywho unfortunately as of recent I washed my ghetto homemade length check shirt so I've been relying on strictly measuring on the body until I can get myself an OFFICIAL shirt.

I had my wife take a few photos today, I'm sure that I'm past APL, working on too hopefully BSL ( as unorthodox as this may be I do not wear a Bra so errrrrr.)

I'm pretty short, only 5 feet, and after my unofficial length check, I'm 6 inches away from my waist. I've a small torso :yep: Is waist length in August 2015 actually possible!? ::GASPS::

As of recent I've been getting slightly frustrated with my hair. I usually just wash my hair and twist it up while wet, but I've been getting messy ends lately, so I decided not to braid to the end, this sort of worked. But as of late I've been considering heat stretching or just lightly blow drying after washing to avoid the ends getting tangled. Very nervous about this though I've been a no heat natural since I began my HHJ in April '12. I'm not in the mood for heat damage, I'm also not in the mood for any setbacks due to a protective style thats not working out.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
You ladies rock!:grin:

You might be BSL. When I can reach my hair with my hand like that, my hair was to the top of my bra strap. I have a short torso also I'm 4`10