W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

JJamiah

I am doing a light trim when I break my braids down. :)
After that I will wash and cornrow it right back up. I was lazy before not doing my own braids. I find that doing them helps me to not leave them in for 5-6 weeks. I am doing 2-3 weeks at a time. So I can deep condition and keep my protein treatments up. :)

bigbrowneyez

OooOOoooOOOkay here is my starting pic and regi for this challenge. :yep:

A) List your Reggie
I will continue with protective styles in wigs 100% of the time and keeping up with my moisture and protein balance.

B) # of inches til whip or hip length
I am 4 inches to WL and 6 inches to WHIP

C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal idol
oooOOoooOOOooo :grin: @Toy @NJoy and a few others. :look:

That's really great progress from your august pic! looks healthy and full!

Janet'

rririla I was thinking about you and looked over your Reggie & noticed you don't do protein treatments. I thought they helped with breakage from hair dye. Maybe Janet' can chime in since she is also a beautiful colored natural.

I just want us ALL to do well! :bighug:

bebezazueta YES, for me protein treatments were a must, but that was because I had serious blonde color. I used the Aphogee 2-Step every 8 to 12 weeks. I know that it helped with the protection of my hair and I would recommend it!!

Janet'

pre_medicalrulz You are definitely on the grow! I would definitely claim MBL because you wear your bra low and it looks like the bottom of your brastrap is the beginning of MBL!!!! :congrats: :clap: :congrats: :clap: :congrats: :clap:

rririla

[USER][/USER]@ Janet'....Thank you, I have the aphogee 2 step but I hated how it felt running all over the place....not a fan of sticky hair products on my neck especially when it hardens, but I am trying to keep some sort of protein in my regular routine, I will see how it goes in a few months...thanx again.

Lucia

I wash mine like that too but not any more, next wash is in shower.

NO nothing up with my head you so darn silly. :giggle:
I think it is the parting for My case and the combing down and brushing down. I think for my center it is a lot of pressure. I am going to try and see what happens :)

rririla

I always wash in the shower now and I part it into 2 sections it's much easier for my thick hair its faster less tangles and less
Problems. I used to flip my hair over and wash until I realized the drain was chewing up my ends.

Lucia

[USER][/USER]@ Janet'....Thank you, I have the aphogee 2 step but I hated how it felt running all over the place....not a fan of sticky hair products on my neck especially when it hardens, but I am trying to keep some sort of protein in my regular routine, I will see how it goes in a few months...thanx again.

ITA w Janet'
Nothing beats Aphogee it's a heavy protein and does he job well but it's really messy I try using GPB protein on dry hair as the instructions say every other week and you may not need the Aphogee so often or at all.

Last edited:

JJamiah

I always wash in the shower now and I part it into 2 sections it's much easier for my thick hair its faster less tangles and less
Problems. I used to flip my hair over and wash until I realized the drain was chewing up my ends.

Wow, I think I am going to first try to put my little hair strainer in the sink and flip. IF this does not work off to the shower. I would love to do it in the SUmmer though.

JJamiah

@ Janet'....Thank you, I have the aphogee 2 step but I hated how it felt running all over the place....not a fan of sticky hair products on my neck especially when it hardens, but I am trying to keep some sort of protein in my regular routine, I will see how it goes in a few months...thanx again.

Put your hair up away from your face keep a cloth in one hand and spray with the other if anything drips wipe it immediately. and keep it moving. or use a towel, and use it like a U shape clip the front with the hair over the towel. spray all residue should go on the towel. PM me for further details if I am not clear. I babble sometimes.

rririla

@Lucia

I have GPB too, I will be doing it on dry hair and see how it works for me. also I know what u mean about flipping the hair, I no longer wash in my sink. For reasons other than it chewing up my ends, but that just made it even more official.

@JJamiah

I tried all that, but that mess was still runny and I hate the way it feels to the touch...Will call you tomorrow so we can talk though lol....( and by talk, I mean I ask a million hair questions) :spinning:

Last edited:

ImFree27

I'm joining,

Currently I"m 4 inches from WSL

Regimen
Wash and deep condition and ACV rinse every 2 weeks, I also do S&D on wash days, no more trims for me, S&D only. I moisturize and put hair in cornrows and wear wigs, I've been wearing wigs for the past 4 months now.

Here is my length check from October 9th, I will post another end of month, when I straightend. I'm also doing the sulfur challenge, I put the oil on my scalp daily.

Attachments

• IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 42

Carrie A

How's everyone doing. I flat ironed and trimmed some hair so my tail is just hitting waistlength. The rest of my hair is MBL a little above WL. I don't have splits but I've been getting a lot of single strand knots and with my heavy shedding I stay getting hairballs". I've had to cut out several that I couldn't work out with the pin. I'm going to be experimenting with methods this year. I hope I don't cause a set back. I want to have a nice "hemline" of Whip hair by the end of the year.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I flat ironed and trimmed/cut(first trim since Dec 2008). My bottom layer was always longer than my crown because my nape grows faster. Prior to the trim my tail was about 2" below WL. I tried to even things out a little so I trimmed/cut anywhere between 1.5"-3" depending. And now I'm about an inch above WL. I'm in the hyh challenge so I'm not posting pics until 12/31.

prospurr4

I plan to do a texlax touchup next Friday (12/30). Then, I will straighten my hair enough (never use direct heat) to do a length check and get a decent starting pic for this challenge.

I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!

bebezazueta

Merry Christmas Whip divas and welcome to the new challengers! I'll update the challenger list soon.

Don't forget to post an "official" start pic by 1/1/12. Let's get our retention on point! HHG!

LimitedEdition

Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Hi ladies!! Im here because my family has been great, but Ive annoyed them. They need a break from me and my hair obsession. I respect that, but I still need a support group. You guys are it!

A) List your Reggie
As of yet I have no regimen. Im hoping to continue my heat diet, moisturize and seal daily and retain my growth. I feel that my heat abuse, inconsistent moisturizing and constant cutting have put a damper on my hair progress. I hope to make more use of rollersetting and protective styling. :ohwell:

B) # of inches til whip or hip length
4-6 inches to whip, I wont even anticipate hip because I dont think I want hair that long. I want ot reach whip and maintain there for thickness. My ultimate goal is blunt whip length. I should reach whip by December. Ill worry about thickening the ends to a blunt hemline later, getting there is 90% of the battle.

C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal idol
Each and every one listed here!

Pics to come. It will only be one section of hair stretched by hand because Im on a heat diet. :yep:

Mische

Don't forget to post an "official" start pic by 1/1/12. Let's get our retention on point! HHG!
I haven't taken length check pics of my hair in forever (I always wear it in braidouts or otherwise bumped under) but I had to take one so I didn't fail my first challenge before it even started. :lol:

Here is my not so great picture. I'm 9 1/2 weeks post and I promise when I relax at the end of January I will update with a better one, sorry!

prospurr4

Unfortunately, I will have to bow out gracefully from this challenge, ladies.

I straightened my hair today for my starting pic, but I am VERY unhappy with my ends. I wore a LOT of high manipulation styles in 2011, which resulted in thinner ends and almost no length retention. :nono: So, 2012 will be the year that I really "baby" my hair.

I hope every challenger reaches her goal.

wyldcurlz

i'm kinda late to the game, but hopefully i can still get in...if not i'm going to be stalking this challenge anyway - hoping to watch and LEARN!!

Okay. I'm in. Hesitantly.

My Vitals

Current Length: hovering somewhere around BSL.....still! (ugh!)
Regimen: none established yet. I'll be relying on all of you to help me build one and using this thread to learn about my hair by learning about what all of you are doing!
Plans: (see above)
Inches from Whip length: 5-7 inches
WHip Length Date: Dec 31, 2012 at 11:59:59 (God willing)
LHCF Idol: i have waaaay too many to list

Last edited:

prospurr4

@prospurr4 :bighug: you never know you may just come back strong next year!
!

Thanks @bebezazueta for the e-hug and encouraging words. I do plan to still reach WHIP length in 2012, but I will do it by "hiding" my hair for the next 12 months, with very few exceptions. So I won't be able to post update pics during the year, as part of this challenge....didn't want to break the rules. I'll be watching ya'll though!