Crochet Kinky Twists - *Pics*

kandegirl

Your hair turned out great!! We have some creative women on this board. Kinky twists messed up my ends but this just may work.

missnurselady

wow, your hair looks great! I think I may try this instead of the individual kinky twist. I wonder how long they will last?

lilsparkle825

Dang, I need to see if a BSS around here has that. This would be perfect for my mom and sister....my mom has an obsession with crochet braids (as a matter of fact, I just reinstalled a set with water wave yesterday) and my sister loves kinky twists. That is so cute.

LadyPBC

It would be great if I can find the EON spring twist in a local BSS. Your hair looks fabulous. I'd love to give it a try in the fall. Seems like it would be too hot right now - yes/no? Are you thinking of doing a YouTube tutorial for us?:grin: Subscribing.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Did you split the hair into 2 or 3 pieces? Or just took it the way it was clumped?

Good question. The hair got here last night. It doesn't look like a lot of hair

I counted how many little coils were in one pack. There were 38 or 39. I took one of the coils and stretched it and it expanded a lot. I'm hoping if I split it it comes out as thick as the ones in OP's pics bc I only bought 2 packs like the site suggested

pookaloo83

I counted how many little coils were in one pack. There were 38 or 39. I took one of the coils and stretched it and it expanded a lot. I'm hoping if I split it it comes out as thick as the ones in OP's pics bc I only bought 2 packs like the site suggested

Well when I do the crochet braids on loose hair,it varies from me crocheting 5 pieces up to 10 on each braid. I have 9 braids in my hair and used 2 packs of hair and still had some left over. BUT I broke it in half so that did make a big difference. :yep:

:bump:

nikolite

It would be great if I can find the EON spring twist in a local BSS. Your hair looks fabulous. I'd love to give it a try in the fall. Seems like it would be too hot right now - yes/no? Are you thinking of doing a YouTube tutorial for us?:grin: Subscribing.

LOL, hmmm... :look: I might next time I apply them. I've barely even put up my picture yet so being on camera would be scary. But maybe...

ETA: It hasn't been that hot for me actually. But maybe because I'm not outside in the sun that much for more than a short time. Then again, I've worn half-wigs this summer so maybe I'm just used to it.

Did you split the hair into 2 or 3 pieces? Or just took it the way it was clumped?

I actually split the hair into two pieces. It was easier that way. Make sure you stretch it out as you slowly pull it apart though, or it will get tangled if you pull it apart to fast. I think someone could split it into 3 pieces too, but I like mines the size they are.

2 packs will be more than enough. I used 1 and 1/2. That's a great color, I definitely want to try that one next time. Is it a number 4? And the packs do look small, but it actually stretches pretty long and the hair is pretty condensed within each coil. Just make sure you twist the hair counter-clockwise to get the right spring.

Also, I had 13 cornrows total, and I started with just 4 kinky twists on the furthest cornrows (by the ears), 4 on the next, 6 on the next one, 6 again, 8 on the next, and then I filled in the top 3 rows in the front and top (they were sparse in the back. I also hung some twists off of the big double cornrow going across the back. I hope that all makes sense.

Post pics when you are done! :lick:

Last edited: