Did the hair growth aids work?

Nali1987

Hey y'all. Newbie question. So I've been browsing te forum and came across different threads mentioning MT, MGT, Boundless Tresses, etc. Problem is all those threads are from 2007 and 2008. I was wondering, for those who have used those products, did they work for your hair? No one mentions them anymore. :ohwell:

divastyle2010

Hey y'all. Newbie question. So I've been browsing te forum and came across different threads mentioning MT, MGT, Boundless Tresses, etc. Problem is all those threads are from 2007 and 2008. I was wondering, for those who have used those products, did they work for your hair? No one mentions them anymore. :ohwell:
Well it works for me, I am currently NL and I Had mbl hair... my hair fell out due to cancer and mt, and mn worked for me to get here. I also no longer have cancer, and currently on a hair growth journey, if you have questions feel free to ask!

Nali1987

Well it works for me, I am currently NL and I Had mbl hair... my hair fell out due to cancer and mt, and mn worked for me to get here. I also no longer have cancer, and currently on a hair growth journey, if you have questions feel free to ask!

Great! :) One question, what is MN?

Aviah

I used MN (Miconazole nitrate, the active ingredient in antifugal creams), and I'm not sure if it works for me anymore. I used to use it when relaxed and I could see a difference in the new growth when measuring it with and without MN. Now I'm natural I can't really tell... My diet was poorer back then also. I need to do a trial, one month on, and one month off, to see if it still works.

supermodelsonya

MN worked for me and the MTG is currently working really really well for my daughter. We are actually using the SULU growth formula.

MEgatek didn't work for me but I gave it to my friend and her hair grew like weeds. This isn't the kind of question where you will get one answer. You have to try them and see what works for YOU.

HTH (hope that helps)

supermodelsonya

Divastyle...I'm glad that you no longer have cancer. That is awesome!:drunk:

I know Biotin isn't listed but. . .I've been using it for almost two weeks now. I've been trying to deny it but my eyelashes are definitely fuller and I don't lose them as much now(not that it was excessive before). But last night as I was getting into bed my roommate looked at me and said "Wait! You forgot to wash off your mascara!" and I was like :grin: nope, I already did it!

I should be getting my MT in a few days so I'll let you know.

beans4reezy

I used MegaTek for maybe two months, but I didn't stick with it long enought to know if it actually works.

divastyle2010

MN IS(Miconazole nitrate, the active ingredient in antifugal creams) YOU CAN FIND IT IN MONISTAT AND OTHER YEAST INFECTION CREAMS!

Miss AJ

Sulfur based growth aids work for me but I'm too lazy to keep using them. The growth aids I rely on now are protective styling, daily exercise, vitamins, drinking plenty of water, and a simple hair regimen.

Tyra

Mega Tek worked. I used it while I was relaxed and it definitely worked.
I was also using OCT.
I'm natural now and haven't been using it.
Maybe I'll revisit that idea.:scratchch

Iluvsmuhgrass

So glad that the cancer is gone. :bighug: That is so awesome.

gn1g

They worked for me (lenzi's request, MN capascin) just get tired of applying products to my scalp then scratching my head and getting my nails dirty.

Tyra

They worked for me (lenzi's request, MN capascin) just get tired of applying products to my scalp then scratching my head and getting my nails dirty.

I forgot about Lenzi's Requst. I have a whole jar in my stash.
I have MN but the headache talk scares me, so I haven't' tried it yet.

I just took a vow to keep it simple.
This thread is tempting me.

LaidBak

Ovation worked for me. But I didn't know how to handle my NG or the extra protein, so I got a lot of breakage.
Biotin worked for me for years but it gave me cystic acne.

gn1g

I forgot about Lenzi's Requst. I have a whole jar in my stash.
I have MN but the headache talk scares me, so I haven't' tried it yet.

I just took a vow to keep it simple.
This thread is tempting me.

use it.

what have you got to lose.

epiphany braids

I have used OCT, MT and MN not all at the same time!!
I switch up but I got alot of good growth!! It's because
I slacked off that my hair is not at bra strap length the
growth aids for me require a lot of maintaince

Nali1987

Thanks for all the information you guys. I guess I was wondering why people stopped mentioning using them! :) I'm TRYING to be patient with my hair but I might just cheat nature and buy a growth aid or supplement.

LaidBak

PS...
Although these things helped the majority of my hair grow faster, none of them worked on my thin temples. I haven't found the trick to getting them to fill in yet. That's kind of why I am still searching.

Miss AJ

LaidBak: I've seen many posts of people having success with either castor oil, or just moisturizing the thin area twice a day.

BlaqBella

Moni at Home 250.jpg

Moni at Home 292.jpg

Idk if you can see the difference (and it's improved more than this)...but this is what MTG has helped me to achieve. So much so that an ex-co-worker just asked me to mix some up for her to use.

I had her to get the $3 Softee growth oil from the dollar store (which contains some sulfur) and smells ok..i told she would't need the whole bottle so it would need to be seperated. (it comes in an applicator bottle) I then add eucalyptus e.o., sweet orange e.o., rosemary (weleda) e.o., and some MTG and shake well. I lately have used mine 1 or 2 a week...starting on Tues./Wed. and wash/ or dc by Sat./Sun. and start again.HTH.

Moni at Home 322.jpg

Moni at Home 323.jpg

ETA: Sorry i was at work...anyway my edges were pretty much gone. And at the time i took the pic w/ hair down i had't used MTG . I was using ayurveda powders.(i still use them but not as much "no time") i started using MTG in Sept/Oct 09'. I have more pics in my albums....

Last edited:

Nali1987

View attachment 65106

View attachment 65108

Idk if you can see the difference (and it's improved more than this)...but this is what MTG has helped me to achieve. So much so that an ex-co-worker just asked me to mix some up for her to use.

I had her to get the $3 Softee growth oil from the dollar store (which contains some sulfur) and smells ok..i told she would't need the whole bottle so it would need to be seperated. (it comes in an applicator bottle) I then add eucalyptus e.o., sweet orange e.o., rosemary (weleda) e.o., and some MTG and shake well. I lately have used mine 1 or 2 a week...starting on Tues./Wed. and wash/ or dc by Sat./Sun. and start again.HTH.

Ooh great progress! Thank you so much for breaking it down like that. I'm just starting out and honestly all the information and products out there can be a tad bit overwhelming. I don't want to try a hundred things at one time and in the end not knowing which one worked or not. :spinning:

Last edited: