I am so FREAKIN' PISSED!!!

Queen314

Okay, here it is....

I went after a long debate with myself and got my hair rodded. I was referred to a lady that does a really good job on SHORT hair. Again, I was only going to get my hair rodded. Then add the last minute I decided I needed my ends clipped.:wallbash: So she did that then proceeded to rod my hair. I was really pleased with the results. For a week I didn't have to do a thing but finger comb my hair. So this past Saturday I shampoo'd my hair and let it air dry for about an hour. Then I proceeded to flat iron my hair I was like OMG! that witch (with a "B") cut about 4" of my hair. My hair was grazing BSL and is now APL. I am so effen pissed. Why in the h**l did she do that. Did she not understand the difference between trim and effen cut. I want so bad to go back to that shop and kick her.... you know what!!! Every time someone comments on my cut, I want to cry.:crying3: I have worked very hard and getting to that lenghth and was aiming for waist length by Dec 2010. Now I have to aim for BSL......again!!! I will NEVER let another scissor happy mother effer on my head again.

So sorry for the language.....but I am FREAKIN' PISSED!!!:angry2:

Last edited:

liteskinshowdy

you should've had a mirror in your hand while she was "clipping." You've heard the trauma stories of other ladies. Sorry this happend though.

Netta1

I am sorry this happened to you OP, your hair will grow back-thats about all you can focus on right now. :kiss:

Shananyganz

WOOOOOWWWWWW!! Words cannot even be spoken at this point. It is AMAZING (not in a good way) how many of these stories I read and/or hear about. I am so sorry that this happened to you, it is BEYOND unfortunate. This may not be what you care to hear at this point, but DO NOT let this incident discourage you!!! Stick to your regimen...focus on healthy hair practices versus getting back your length and you will be back where you were. I’m sure there are GREAT stylist who know the difference between trim and cut, but sadly I do not hear much about them. It will be difficult, but in order to not have lost that growth in vain, take this as an opportunity for “lesson learned”. This situation will not get the best of you!!

~S~

ms.blue

that why you can't trust most stylist b/c they don't know the difference b/w a trim & a cut.

DaR3alM3

^^^ What she said right above me, it will help you deal with it better. May also make the stylist do better on someone elses head, cuz I know you let her touch yours again.

ceebee3

Damn, it seems like it's a rite of passage or something on here. That really sucks OP. At least you know you can grow it back.

Janet'

OP. I'm so sorry that this happened! What made you change your mind and decide to trim? When she was cutting, did she say anything to you (like, ok, you need to cut 1,2, or 4 inches of hair)? Were you not concerned with the trim (did you not want to see immediately how much she cut)? I know that hindsight is 20/20...your hair will grow back, that's for sure. I just want us to stand up for what ourselves more because that is the only way that ppl like her will stop being so doggone scissor happy:nono::nono:

Hair2Here

I feel so bad for you. I want so bad to reach bsl as well and that would have made me cry the blues until I reached it again. In a good way, you sharing this means it's okay for me to cut my hair and not trust a stylist. I know your hair will grow back but four inches is alot of time and growth!

I wouldn't go back to the shop though (only my opinion). Something may start up! Some stylists have a different view point than we do on LHCF. Write an angry letter and send it. Then 'we' can grow to bsl together, better, faster and stronger.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
WOW, what a horrible thing to do. Some stylists really should be slapped for that!:nono: Sorry it happened to you.:ohwell:

VirGoViXxEn

this was my experience two weeks ago. it took me forever to get past the ned of my neck and now im backl there because of a stylist. Never again....im going to watch numerous tutorials and dust when necessary.

janeemat

The SAME thing happened to me in 2007! My story and yours are almost identical. I went for a rod set. She talk me in rollerset/blowout. Told me I needed a trim and I agreed and told her just to DUST the ends. At least 3 inches gone just like that. NEVER again. That's when I fired all of the scissor happy sistas. Now the only person to trim is my CLEAR stylist. She also does my waxing and we are both happy!

Queen314

OP. I'm so sorry that this happened! What made you change your mind and decide to trim? When she was cutting, did she say anything to you (like, ok, you need to cut 1,2, or 4 inches of hair)? Were you not concerned with the trim (did you not want to see immediately how much she cut)? I know that hindsight is 20/20...your hair will grow back, that's for sure. I just want us to stand up for what ourselves more because that is the only way that ppl like her will stop being so doggone scissor happy:nono::nono:

I changed my mind at the last minute because I was having a really good day and felt like I was treating myself. I have been doing my own hair for the past couple of years even my own trims. And really wanted to sit in a chair and let someone else do it for me. HUGE MISTAKE! :wallbash:Yes, I just watched her trim someone's hair before me. That's what helped me to make the decision to let her trim my hair. I made an assumption and it cost me quite a bit of growth. Yes you're right it will grow back. I just know now...... don't assume because someone is a good stylist for someone else's hair that they will be just as good with your hair. Also, I did look to see how much hair was on the floor when I was on my way to be shampooed...... It was a lot, but I didn't register that it may have been my hair. When I returned for the rodset, the hair was swept and removed. I really didn't think:nono: I'm starting to come to grips with the loss..... Especially when I don't dwell on it. I know I just won't return to her EVER again. She can NEVER pur her hands in my hair again.:nono:

Queen314

I feel so bad for you. I want so bad to reach bsl as well and that would have made me cry the blues until I reached it again. In a good way, you sharing this means it's okay for me to cut my hair and not trust a stylist. I know your hair will grow back but four inches is alot of time and growth!

I wouldn't go back to the shop though (only my opinion). Something may start up! Some stylists have a different view point than we do on LHCF. Write an angry letter and send it. Then 'we' can grow to bsl together, better, faster and stronger.
I won't go back.... 'cause I know if it do go.... I will want to lay hands on her.:whip:

mariofmagdal

that why you can't trust most stylist b/c they don't know the difference b/w a trim & a cut.

They know the difference. They think they are the professional. I know of a stylist who likes to use her professional judgment and if it does not line up with the customer, she won't do your hair. Wish they all could adopt that mentality, that is one way of being honest to your craft. SMH.

Sorry this happened to you.

wheezy807

I'm sorry that happened to you. I couldn't even believe what i had read, 4 WHOLE INCHES! Wow! That's crazy! You know it will grow back but still.....:perplexed **HUGS**

CarolinaGal

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, OP. If you're up to it, maybe you could try this: Call and ask to speak with the manager. Calmly tell them what happened. Let them know that you are in the process of sending a letter to the Better Business Bureau but wanted to give them a chance to rectify the situation before you send the letter. They will probably offer a free service or something. Let them know that due to the situation you will not accept any further services given the circumstances but that some products to help you grow your hair back would be accepted.

Good luck and hugs!!!

julissa1289

I am so sorry that this has happened to you,but you will achive the waist length hair that you want (this is only a small setback do not let it stop you from achieving your goals) like others have said you should go and speak to the stylist, and you should try and get a refund seeing that you were not satisfied with the outcome of your hair, then you must find someone you trust to cut your hair or learn to do it yourself because only you will know exactly how much hair to cut.

likewtr4chklit

WOw another one to add to the file. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Something really needs to change in these cosmotology schools. What the hell are they teaching them?

kblc06

I'm truly sorry, but I would have to see her work first before she came anywhere near my head with some scissors. That was your first mistake...don't let just anyone cut your hair. Or even better, learn how to do your own trims so that you won't have to depend on anyone else :yep:
Okay, here it is....

I went after a long debate with myself and got my hair rodded. I was referred to a lady that does a really good job on SHORT hair. Again, I was only going to get my hair rodded. Then add the last minute I decided I needed my ends clipped.:wallbash: So she did that then proceeded to rod my hair. I was really pleased with the results. For a week I didn't have to do a thing but finger comb my hair. So this past Saturday I shampoo'd my hair and let it air dry for about an hour. Then I proceeded to flat iron my hair I was like OMG! that witch (with a "B") cut about 4" of my hair. My hair was grazing BSL and is now APL. I am so effen pissed. Why in the h**l did she do that. Did she not understand the difference between trim and effen cut. I want so bad to go back to that shop and kick her.... you know what!!! Every time someone comments on my cut, I want to cry.:crying3: I have worked very hard and getting to that lenghth and was aiming for waist length by Dec 2010. Now I have to aim for BSL......again!!! I will NEVER let another scissor happy mother effer on my head again.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Okay, here it is....

A **SIGH** for you because I know exactly how you feel. I had the same kind of experience with a stylist at a salon and i told her I wanted a small trim but instead she hacked off at least 3 inches of my hair. It was very distrubing to me that she blatently did what I didnt want her to do. That is why I vowed to never trust stylists and for me to step up in taking care of my own hair. Coincidently that is when I found and joined LHCF in 2004. It will get better girlie, let her know she was wrong for the service given and if necessary get your money back! HA Keep up the good work...your hair will reward you.

Last edited: