GROW YOUR CROWN CHALLENGE

HeChangedMyName

Ok, so this is one Challenge that I am doing and I know others suffer from crown issues so I thought I could start the Challenge.

What length is your crown right now?
What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem?
What products do you plan on using?

HeChangedMyName

6"

What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair
Mine is course, sparse, and extremely brittle and dry

I'll be combing that area in an upward motion when i do it as opposed to combing it down which according to some people causes breakage. I'll be moisturizing more often, baggying, massaging my scalp(hope to come up with a horseradish concoction if I can't find any horseradish oil/extract at a reasonable price) Plus I will be using my homemade sulfur mix.. I'm gonna start washing my hair with my rosemary and pepper shampoo and condish for a while.

moisturizing with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 with grapeseed/sweet almond oil, coconut oil with sulfur mix, horseradish concoction, and rosemary and pepper shampoo and condish.

i'll join. lord knows I need to. My avatar is the worst it was. It's getting better.

1"

Sparse, course and brittle. Also itchy scalp

Wearing wigs, deep conditioning and washing 3x per week. Moisturising with natural oils daily, including mix of coconut oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil

Dr Organics tea tree shampoo, or Oraganix mint and tea tree shampoo, plus their conditioners mixed with a range of oils including caster oil.

HeChangedMyName

Well, this evening, I applied some of my capzasin to my crown and massaged it it, left it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Washed it out with my pepper and rosemary shampoo and conditioner, now I'm deep conditioning my hair with sweet almont oil applied to my scalp.

Not sure how I'll dry my hair this evening yet.

MsSonya

I'll join ya! This one spot at the crown is very annoying. I am just noticing how bad it is, I am sure my relaxer has a little something to do with that.
What length is your crown right now? I dunno, that one spot is bald :ohwell: What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair thin strands, sparse hair
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? Massage daily
What products do you plan on using? cayenne pepper, mn, and castor oil overnight.

MsSonya

Is the capzasin in a tube like the MN? Right now, I am using MSM capsule mixed with castor oil, aloe vera gel and MN. (trying to use what I have before I buy more stuff:rolleyes:)

MissLawyerLady

I started a thread about crown issues, so I'll definitely join.

6-8"

What is your problem?
Extremely brittle, dry, and itchy.

Moisturizing that area much better, DC that area regularly, applying Joyce Williams' Hair Food to that area nightly or ever other night, checking to see how others are doing with horseradish.

MOM moisturizer, cammelia oil, Joyce Williams' Hair Food, perhaps a mixture with nettle or nettle oil.

HeChangedMyName

Is the capzasin in a tube like the MN? Right now, I am using MSM capsule mixed with castor oil, aloe vera gel and MN. (trying to use what I have before I buy more stuff:rolleyes:)

It's the one in a small bottle with like a foam top that you just press on the the liquid squeezes out.

hair4romheaven

I'm in

Not sure
ORS scalp scrubs every two weeks, BT 3x aweek, oils 3x a week, heated turbie everynight for 20 min with massage, MSM, silica, vitamin
ORS scalp scrub, BT, msm or sulfur oil mix

Honey Bee

I'll join. I'm recovering from some breakage fomo a pre-LHCF weave. It's not the crown, exactly, more like a little section at the back of my bang-area. If you look in my siggy, you can see the area in the 3rd pic, right under the bobby pin, yeah, it's mixed up in that little tuft. :(

-about 4-5"
-dryness, brittle hair. For a long while, it was like, everytime I touched the area, little pieces were breaking off. :nono: That has since stopped, but it was not the move whatsoever.
-moisturizing and sealing in sections, trimming (all over) every 6 wks. I want healthy hair, dammit!!
-Moisturizing with Wen and water, sealing with castor/coconut/amla/jasmine oil mix. I just got the ORS carrot oil, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it into my regimen.

Good luck, ladies, and let's grow some hair!

Oyekade

I have been having crown issue since like forever. It will grow and few months later, it is short again. my most problematic area.

What length is your crown right now? 2inches or so

What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair My problem is dryness
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem?I moisturized it 2-3 times a day when i am not in weave, but now I am in weave it up challenge to see if that will help since it is buried in there.
What products do you plan on using? I am using JBCO, coconut oil and i am taking biotin and nioxin to help me retain length

charmtreese

I would like to participate in this challenge. Even though my problem area is a little below my crown...its more like the middle back of my head (sub-crown area)!:ohwell:

What length is your crown right now? Some areas are an inch long
What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair? Dry, Thin, brittle, with no curl pattern and breaks easily
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? Massaging, keeping moisturized, and gently detangling
What products do you plan on using? Castor oil & clinicure treatment

ladysaraii

What length is your crown right now? Not sure. i'll measure when I get home
What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair Scalp issues, thin hair
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? keep moisturized and clean scalp
What products do you plan on using? using MN, will try cayenne

SelahOco

What length is your crown right now? About 6 or 7 inches
What is your problem? Dryness, brittle hair, uneven, breakage, SSN
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? IDK! I'm hoping to get some tips from you ladies. I just trimmed it to remove the knots. I like the idea of combing that area upwards and not downward.
What products do you plan on using? I need to develop a crown regimen cause I just don't know. My crown and my nape (in the middle) are very fragile hairs.

MsSonya

Still massaging with my msm mix and oils...wrapping at nite. May try a rollerset tomorrow or next week.

LaToya28

What length is your crown right now? I'm not sure, but in one spot it's bald!
What is your problem? Dryness, sparse hair, sometimes itchy
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? I will try moisturizing that area more often and combing upward from now on...other than that I'm at a loss.
What products do you plan on using? Don't know yet.

Apr09

butterfly3582

What length is your crown right now? 4-8 inches
What is your problem? Dryness, brittle hair, uneven, breakage, itchy scalp
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? Still learning but mainly makings sure I moisturize that area extra and DC extra. Detangle properly (just got a great detangle regimen). Comb using a seamless comb. When I am under the dryer put a piece of cloth over the area.
What products do you plan on using? I will rotate between these products. Aubrey organics honeysuckle condish, arvuyeda shea alma butter, coconut oil, giovanni direct leave in, jamaican black castor oil, ACV spray. To detangle I am using olive oil and ORS condish

Last edited:

Robin41

Ooooh, this is one challenge I need to join! My crown grew out beautifully when I was natural. When I decided to relax again, I had my stylist do my virgin relaxer and she seriously over-processed my hair. Then I shot myself in the foot by self-relaxing and adding highlights. I'm trying not to be too upset but this is definitely a setback for me.

A sad 4 inches.
Permanent color damaged my crown but the biggest culprit? Not neutralizing properly after relaxing.
Now I neutralize with Mizani Butter Blends neutralizing shampoo and keep shampooing even beyond the color change to white. Then I ACV rinse after that.
Infusium 23 leave-in for strength, Wild Growth Oil and Nexus Split End Leave-in for growth.

I'll have to take pics of my before and after.

MsSonya

Robin- what type of relaxer do you use? I am planning to use MBB mild. Just wanted to know your experienced with it, if you have used it. thanx.

Anywho, I conditioned overnight with my "homemade" caramel treatment.

hair4romheaven

Did ORS Scalp scrub today & will DC. I just received my essential oils in the mail which i will be using as a growth aid.

charmtreese

Robin- what type of relaxer do you use? I am planning to use MBB mild. Just wanted to know your experienced with it, if you have used it. thanx.

I love this relaxer...this is the only one I will use! It's very gentle, I never burn (and thats saying alot, because I use to burn easily). My stylist uses the entire line for this relaxer and my hair always comes out soft, not over processed, and healthy looking.

SignatureBeauty

My crown goes bald to and the only thing that works is to go natural, everytime I quit using the relaxers, my crown fills in so fast, You would think I would stop relaxing all together, Which I am, because that spot is so tender and sensitive, I tried every potion on the market, but realized it was the relaxers, So I am really gonna try to rid my addiction to relaxers to save my crown, because I don't want to get old and have a big bald spot.

hair4romheaven

My crown goes bald to and the only thing that works is to go natural, everytime I quit using the relaxers, my crown fills in so fast, You would think I would stop relaxing all together, Which I am, because that spot is so tender and sensitive, I tried every potion on the market, but realized it was the relaxers, So I am really gonna try to rid my addiction to relaxers to save my crown, because I don't want to get old and have a big bald spot.

Same problem so I plan on fully texlaxed. I guess I want the best of bnoth worlds. The crown is the last place I texlax and I ensure to protect teh scalp with vaseline etc..

MsSonya

Thanks. Charm I have been admiring your hair. Well, MBB it is. It won't be for mths though, dont know why I am thinking about it now.
Yeah, SB. IA. I am not skilled enough to go natural now, just me. :nono: But I try to get as few relaxers as possible and try not to get bone straight.:wallbash:

LaToya28

I was going to ask whether anyone thought our crown damage was due to relaxers. This sucks because I don't think I'm ready to go natural.

I use MBB (for sensitive scalp) too! I love it.

Robin41

I just used MBB for fine/colored hair for the first time and I loved it. I used it to texlax and my hair was and still is really soft and manageable even my new growth.

MsSonya

I dont want to put blame it all on relaxers. I know that I have used and applied relaxers incorrectly, did not take care of my hair in between relaxers. Now that I know better and still learning, I hope I can grow some hair in that area. I think my crown is extra sensitive. I have heard great things about the fine/color relaxer. Thanks for the review ladies.