Ended my 16 month transition last Saturday... OFFICIALLY A NATURAL! [Pics]

vivEz daNs lamouR

Hey guys :wave:

I'm sooo excited to share with you all my new natural 'do! I BC'ed last Saturday at Prive salon in NYC. To be honest, I've been wanting to BC for a while now, but just kept putting it off. Eventually it got to the point where I said to myself, *** it, it'll be short, but it will definitely be easier to manage and it'll be healthy and grow as a result.

I know my post is long overdue for those who requested to see my newly natural state, I've been just way too busy with work! Anyway, onto the pics.

PRE-BC: (In the process of being flat-ironed)

BC:
(2nd day hair pulled into a puff)

During and before my DC process:

I must say, I never freaked out or went into hair shock during the chopping process. In fact, once it was done, I wondered why didn't I chop sooner! :lol:

Right now my regimen is cowashing everyday, doing a WNG, and on the weekends I do a protein and then a moisturizing DC. Staples right now are Aloe Rid, KCCC, KC Knot Today, and Aussie Moist.

HTH, and HAPPY HAIR GROWING! :yep:

Soliel185

You hair looks great! :grin:

I DC'd yesterday and I was so tempted to start snipping! Your pics are not making it any easier to wait. :nono:

MA2010

i can't read! i thought you typed 16 weeks! lol! looks really good!

:lachen:Girl, you and I both. I was thinking only 16 weeks and she has all that gorgeous hair after a BC???

Your hair is beautful OP.

How was it taking care of two completely different textures for so long?

msa

Beautiful hair OP!

Just a word of caution...be careful with wash n go's. Many naturals end up with single strand knots galore which leads to tangling, breakage, and trimming. At the very least you should switch up with some styles that have your ends stretched out and not allowed to dry shrunken.

*fabulosity*

OMG ... it is beautiful! So thick and still LONG!!! How many inches of relaxed did you get rid of? It looks still APL... awesome job!!!

Ronnieaj

Beautiful hair OP!

Just a word of caution...be careful with wash n go's. Many naturals end up with single strand knots galore which leads to tangling, breakage, and trimming. At the very least you should switch up with some styles that have your ends stretched out and not allowed to dry shrunken.

msa always manages to take the words right out of my mouth!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, but do be careful of the knotting. They are an absolutely pain in the rear to deal with. I alternate twists with wash n gos, and I don't wear my hair out for more than 2 days at a time, except this week, and every wash day I had knots to get rid of. Congratulations again though, your hair is really really beautiful! :grin::yep::grin::yep::grin:

vivEz daNs lamouR

Beautiful hair OP!

Thanks msa :yep: It's funny that you mentioned that, because I actually just read up on that this weekend and decided that this week I would do a bantu knot twistout. Currently DCing and then I'll attempt that!

OMG ... it is beautiful! So thick and still LONG!!! How many inches of relaxed did you get rid of? It looks still APL... awesome job!!!

Thanks! I want to say that I chopped off about 3-4 inches of relaxed ends. When it's straightened it's just past my shoulders.

msa always manages to take the words right out of my mouth!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, but do be careful of the knotting. They are an absolutely pain in the rear to deal with. I alternate twists with wash n gos, and I don't wear my hair out for more than 2 days at a time, except this week, and every wash day I had knots to get rid of. Congratulations again though, your hair is really really beautiful! :grin::yep::grin::yep::grin:

Thanks very much for the advice! I'm new to the natural world so my brain is like a sponge right now :lachen:

vivEz daNs lamouR

:lachen:Girl, you and I both. I was thinking only 16 weeks and she has all that gorgeous hair after a BC???

Your hair is beautful OP.

How was it taking care of two completely different textures for so long?

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, however there were times, mostly at the beginning of the transition phase, that I thought that I wouldn't make it. Towards the end my hair got easier to detangle, but at the end of the day, NOTHING is as easy as taking care of one uniform texture is. My shed hair now has drastically decreased and I have zero breakage.

You hair looks great! :grin:

I DC'd yesterday and I was so tempted to start snipping! Your pics are not making it any easier to wait. :nono:

Haha I know the feeling! I remember stalking a lot of natural ladies' fotkis on here and feeling soooo tempted to pick up the scissors. All I can say is that when the time comes for you to cut it, you just know it. I originally said I would transition for 2.5-3 years, but I got the itch to cut around May of this year and it never went away! I took that feeling to mean that maybe its just time for me to make the final transition into being a natural.

:yep:

bhj867

I envy you. You're hair is just like my best friends. So thick and lucious. u r one beautiful lady

Last edited:

vivEz daNs lamouR

I envy you. You're hair is just like my best friends. So thick and lucious. u r one beautiful lady

:Blush2: Boy, you better stop, before I start wishing and hoping that you live in MY part of town. :lachen: :wink2:

Thanks seriously to all of you guys for your endless support throughout my entire hair journey. You guys have been here for my ups (and most definitely my downs), and I owe a great part of my now healthy hair to yall. :yep: