June 2009~Hits & Misses~

jahzyira

Hits: YES TO CARROTS!!!!!!!!!!!:lick:.. cured my horrible dry spell:yep:
Suprise hit: Yes To carrots Body Butter:lick: my new dry hair moisturizer:drool:

Misses: That damn Lanza healing color trauma treatment:wallbash: I tried to make that ish work, found out that was the cause of my dry a** hair

Consistent hit: Rusk Smoother x emu oil x Biolage Cera Repair... I love this for my braidouts:lick:

adw425

Hits:

Bronner Magic Shikakai Soap - Lavender: (Since I got this, I haven't washed my hair with anything else; for me it is clarifying and moisturizing at the same time)

Freeman Papaya and Coconut conditioner: (One of the best conditioners I have ever used at any price, absolutely a heavenly hair condish for only $3.59)

JFM Hair Milk straightening mist and 2in1 conditioning detangler spray: (I mixed the two in a spray bottle and use as a leave-in and it is as good as much more expensive ones I have bought -- soft, silky hair)

Kerryann

hits
VO5 tea Chamomile conditoner and VO5 moisture milk conditioner its the bomb i say hell no to shampoo from now on i love cowashing with these

Misses
I dont know if i like MN makes my head feel funny

lilsparkle825

HITS
HE HH and Aussie Moist -- sorry VO5, I have new holy grails for cowashing now.
flat twists for twistouts -- my hair looks AY-MAZING today (sorry, camera is broken)!
ACV rinses

MISSES
shampoo...I just can't get with it, sorry
trying not to trim for 6 months

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit: Hemp moisturizing cond. from Sally's gave me soft hair when used as a dc on dry hair.

Miss: Transitioning to natural, I texlaxed at 17 weeks, i'm a happy camper now.

LushLox

Hits: Porosity, soft, silk, moisturised hair; Redken Extreme Deep Fuel, left my hair feeling strong and soft. There was a noticeable difference in the strength of my strands when I finished the treatment.

Misses: None

Beautyangel

Huge hit!

Silk Elements Mega cholesterol and Lekair cholesterol plus Mix!!!!
Talk about strength and softness!!!!

No Miss.

outspokenwallflower

Hits
----------
Ojon Shine & Protect spray: I really like it! If there was one heat protectant spray I'd use it would be this. Makes my hair shiny and silky but not oily, isn't heavy (virtually weightless!) good heat protectant and smells nice:grin:

PaleoChick

Hits: Herbal Essences Hydralicious Reconditioning Conditioner (purple label). I was skeptical at first, but there had to be something to the one conditioner that was sold out at 3 Targets and Wegman's. Found the last bottle hiding behind Pink Lotion (HA). Tried it out this morning. YES YES YES!! It is on Amazon for those who are looking.
Dr. Bronner's Soap (Lavendar)-really cleans up my hair nice
Aloe on my scalp (Loving it)
Misses: LeKair Aloe Cholesterol. My hair was crunchy crunchy crunchy

chebaby

hits: carols daught kizzy pomade
africas best herbal oil
jessicurl too shea(omg i love this as a deep conditioner, co wash and leave in i have been using it everyday since i got it in the mail).
jessicurl rockin ringlets. i didnt think i would like this because its like watery snot, but my hair stayed soft all day long.

misses: jessicurl wdt. this crap was blah. i will try it again just to make sure, but my hair was dry after deep conditioning with this.

itsanaddams

Hit: Yes to CARROTS Conditioner, Roux Porosity Control :grin:

Miss: Nexxus Humectress Conditioner (sucks too 'cause I bought a 32 oz bottle ... big dummy, me.) :nono:

Desarae

Hits: Yes to Carrots Contitioner, Rusk Smoother Leave In

Misses: Mizani Moisturefusion Shampoo and Conditioner (will retry later)

RubyWoo

Hits:

Twists and twistouts: I love, love, love them..lol! I'm going to be twisting my hair to waist length as it is the perfect style for me:love:.

Unrefined Sheabutter on wet hair: This made my hair the most moist is it has ever been on wet hair since I recently BC'd. It helps my hair dry soooo soft! I love it!

Fanatasia IC Gel (the blue one): This gives my twists/twistouts crazy definition! It keeps my hair soft, moist and the perfect amount of hold. No hardness or flaking at all. This gel didn't really agree with my relaxed hair but my natural hair loves this!

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

NTM & sealing with Castor Oil.

My ends have been feeling a bit dry and the combo above is working nicely for me, soft moisturized ends!

Eisani

hits: carols daught kizzy pomade
africas best herbal oil
jessicurl too shea(omg i love this as a deep conditioner, co wash and leave in i have been using it everyday since i got it in the mail).
jessicurl rockin ringlets. i didnt think i would like this because its like watery snot, but my hair stayed soft all day long.

misses: jessicurl wdt. this crap was blah. i will try it again just to make sure, but my hair was dry after deep conditioning with this.

:blush: Let me know if you wanna get rid of the WDT. This is a staple of mine.

Aggie

Hit: Yes to CARROTS Conditioner, Roux Porosity Control :grin:

Miss: Nexxus Humectress Conditioner (sucks too 'cause I bought a 32 oz bottle ... big dummy, me.) :nono:

This sucked for me as a conditioner as well but worked well as a daily moisturizer. Try it that way and see how your hair will respond or use it as a DC on dry hair or even as a pre poo. Don't get rid of it until you've tried using it these other ways first.

Dposh167

miss: loreal vive pro nutrigloss conditioning treatment. - not to be confused with the reg. nutrigloss Conditioner. this one was supposed to be more intense. but it's not. It's just like the reg. conditioner which i already own.

La Colocha

Hits- Yes to carrots mud conditoner:look: yes i found it and it is a good conditoner.

Mixing products- yes to carrots+jessicurl too shea- Great extramoisturizing combo for a co wash or quick dc.

aubrey's hsr+jessicurl wdt- Beautiful dc-hg status

aubrey hsr+yes to carrots- Good dc, but the combo above to me is better

I like these combinations alot and you only need a little of each half and half. Also helps stretch products longer.

Dream cream from sweet nature by eddie, very nice moisturizer leaves my hair soft.

Miss-Diluted dr bronners pepperment soap:perplexed:nono:. My hair was dry and mad.

MonaLisa

*watching to see if chebaby is giving up products*
*I have been waiting a good minute for her to crack..*