I LOVE AYURVEDA PRODUCTS!

caramelma

:grin:I am in love with Amla and Shakakai oils and powders. I did my touch up wednesday with silk elements mild LYE Relaxer and it turned out so good. My hair is so much thicker since using a LYE relaxer, and today I used my ayurveda products and my hair is so soft and thick I LOVE THIS ISH! I must say that I wont be using anything but ayurveda products besides my conditioners to wash the powder out of my hair and to DC and my leave ins. I will still be using my oils too because my hair is so much better since using them( gotta have my oils). PEOPLE if you are having any problems with your hair with dryness,breakage,shedding,thinning,dandruff I mean any problems Ayurveda is the way to go, I know that everyone is different but I know that since I started using these products I have nothing but good results especially since I started using the powders as a paste, My hair feels so strong and looks so much thicker, I like how my hair feels when I mix the powders with conditioner too but I feel like its a waste since I always DC afterwards besides my hair feels so much stronger with the paste and looks more thicker.

GabbanaGirl

Can definitely attest to that!! I love Ayurvedic Powders too!! Feels soooo good when you find something that works!!! Try the Kalpi Tone powder too! Whew!!! Oh yeah, and the Maka (Bhringraj), and Methi (Fenugreek)!!!

flowinlocks

I second that motion!!!! I love Ayurveda also, it has my my hair feeling better than any products I have ever used. In terms of strength, I get great results with protein treatments, but with Ayurveda I get the results without shedding from overload. My hair feels much thicker, and I can feel a distinct silkiness even when it's 8wks. post, also it seems to be helping me stretch relaxers longer, by softening my ng. I usually mix my powders of choice in my cowash or dc, I don't do a separate dc afterwards so I don't feel like it's a waste. The only time I do a separate dc afterwards is if I Henna, do a tea rinse, or do paste & even then the dc still has the powders added. I'm glad you are having such great results:yep:

Last edited:
Girl thanks for sharing, I just ordered some oils and powders, and some hairveda, I have an ayurveda regimen, I can't wait until I get my stuff and I can't wait to start.....after reading this, I'm so impatience right now.......

omnipadme

I completely agree. All this time, I can't believe I've been passing up ayurveda. I even have an Indian grocer within walking distance from my place. They are about to know me by name:lachen: Now every day is a great hair day.

caramelma

Thanks girls, I am so excited because I use to be so frustrated with my hair when I first started out because I didnt know what to use and it feels so good when results are good with the products that I chose

DaRealist

I have never tried using them as a paste because I feared the rinsing out process.
However, I may have to try it one day soon.

Thanks

Last edited:

Platinum

Girl, I love Ayurveda!:grin: My only regret is that I didn't start using it when I first joined the site. I would have saved a lot of time and money when searching for something to repair my severely damaged hair. Ayurvedic products are afforable and I love what it does for my hair. My hair has gotten thicker and stronger and looks much healthier. I definetely plan to continue using Ayurveda. I agree with Flowinlocks, it helps me stretch my relaxers by making my NG softer. I'm 6 weeks post and would have been ready to relax by now but I think I have hold out for atleast another 4.:look:

ETA: I love mixing my powders into my condish.:yep:

Missi

I 8th that motion: Ayurvedic is my life now: not just w/ hair: but skin, bath, & soon to come cleaning products.

strawbearysweet

I love ayurveda too!!! Since I have been using the oils and powders my hair has thickened up and grown considerably. I have recently changed my regimine from using pastes to using tea rinses. My hair is so thick (I'm natural) that I can never get all of the grainy powder out. Actually, I am sitting with the tea in my hair right now. I will give it some time to see if tea rinses turn out to be better.

The only thing that bothers me is the smell of the oils. I am suuuuper sensitive to smell. I don't even wear perfume. So I end up getting nausious (sp) when I use them. Oh well...it is worth it if I reach waistlenght this year. :eek:)

shae101s

Me too! I tried Ayurveda for the first time on Wednesday and my my I am inlove...Now I pre-pooed overnight with the Amla oil, then I applied my tea rinse of amla, shikakai and brahmi powders, let it sit for about 7 minutes then washed it out with Sauve Coconut Conditioner...My hair has NEVER felt so soft after a shampoo! Then I followed with a dc using SitriNillah and it was amazing!!! I am so going to start using this from now on!

hurricane

ME TOO!!!! It has become a way of life. The only time I use shampoo is to clarify and I'm getting ready to ACV rinse instead. My hair is thicker and longer. I'm addicted.

My name is Hurricane and I am a ayurveda-holic.:lachen:

Jetblackhair

Me too! I tried Ayurveda for the first time on Wednesday and my my I am inlove...Now I pre-pooed overnight with the Amla oil, then I applied my tea rinse of amla, shikakai and brahmi powders, let it sit for about 7 minutes then washed it out with Sauve Coconut Conditioner...My hair has NEVER felt so soft after a shampoo! Then I followed with a dc using SitriNillah and it was amazing!!! I am so going to start using this from now on!

I have all 3 of these powders right now and I have never used them. How much of each of the powders did you use? Also, you just add them to water?

2inspireU

I love it, too! I used it when I first started caring for my hair in the beginning of 2008. I only stopped because it became expensive to buy so much online with shipping from far. However, since I am back home in Chicago I found an Indian grocer right in my backyard that has everything. It is so cheap compared to buying online, that I will now be using it forever.

I started using Amla Oil this week and I love it. I used the Vatika Henna Conditioning Shampoo after and didn't need to use conditioner. My hair is soft and slick and there was barely any hair in the comb. I love the smell also. I'm sold.

Anna9764

I too love Ayurvedic oils and powders. I'm doing a treatment right now, for the 1st time i'm using Bhringraj powder which is so hard to find in grocers so I finally ordered on the net...2 small boxes from india. I've been using them for maybe 4 months now, from the very 1st use my hair was stronger and thicker, I also love the dark rich healthy glow on my hair from ayurvedic. After reading all the positive threads about ayurvedic I knew I wanted to try them :yep: best of all these wonderful products do just what they say they'll doo. I do a paste every 2 weeks or so. Alma, Shikakai and Bhringraj also Brahmi i'd like to keep on hand, having a bit of a time finding bhringraj oils in stores. Never the less these a amazing products.

Sincerly Anna

Anna9764

Strawbearysweet can you give me some info on how you make your tea rinses and what you make them in? Thanks in advance Anna

joytimes10

How presactly (precisely and exactly :drunk:) do you use these powders? as a paste on the hair then rinse? how long do you leave it in. And do you use the oils after or before, or daily?

Arggghhhh! I'll try anything for thicker hair that does begin breaking at SL.

caramelma

How presactly (precisely and exactly :drunk:) do you use these powders? as a paste on the hair then rinse? how long do you leave it in. And do you use the oils after or before, or daily?

Arggghhhh! I'll try anything for thicker hair that does begin breaking at SL.
Well for me,I pre poo using Jasmine,amla and shakakai oils first for about 30 mins, then I make a paste using amla 2tsp and shakakai 2tsp powders mixed with warm water and apply it to my oiled hair and let it sit until its dry and stiff( about 30mins) then I rinse and cowash using aussie moist or vo5 moisture milks, then I DC using lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol or the lustrasilk Olive oil cholesterol mixed with castor oil, avocado oil with heat for 45mins, rinse add leave ins and a little paul mitchell skinny serum and rollerset and my hair is the bomb, soft , strong , thick hair and I love it. If you think using the paste is too much you can mix the same amounts with a moisturizing conditioner of your choice and it will work fine, I just like using it as paste

HERicane10

Well for me,I pre poo using Jasmine,amla and shakakai oils first for about 30 mins, then I make a paste using amla 2tsp and shakakai 2tsp powders mixed with warm water and apply it to my oiled hair and let it sit until its dry and stiff( about 30mins) then I rinse and cowash using aussie moist or vo5 moisture milks, then I DC using lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol or the lustrasilk Olive oil cholesterol mixed with castor oil, avocado oil with heat for 45mins, rinse add leave ins and a little paul mitchell skinny serum and rollerset and my hair is the bomb, soft , strong , thick hair and I love it. If you think using the paste is too much you can mix the same amounts with a moisturizing conditioner of your choice and it will work fine, I just like using it as paste

You can also make a "muddy" tea rinse. I like this version a little better than a full hair pack because I can stretch my powders longer; but its a more concentrated solution than a regular tea rinse. Just choose your blend of powders ( I use amla, shikakai, fenugreek, & hibiscus), mix with a lil oil to emulsify and blend powders, then add just enough water to make "mud soup" :look: Saturate hair, root to tip, and wait 1 hour then rinse and DC! :yep:

NuBraveHeart

i think i tried an auyervedic moisturizer by accident. i went to boston over the new year and ran out of my ORS moisturizer. i've been looking for another type for some time. i thought the ORS was good because it was oily, but it dried out fast and i had a lot of little hairs in my hands when i combed or rubbed through to smooth ponytails. so i popped into the body shop and saw amlika leave-in conditioner. man...

i used this after i co-wash while my hair is damp. i think i really like this. it's made from amla and has glycerin as well. my SO can't keep his hands out of it, "why is it so soft? is it that new moisturizer?" and i have seen a definite reduction in breakage and shedding in these past two weeks. i think i'll keep it.

caramelma

You can also make a "muddy" tea rinse. I like this version a little better than a full hair pack because I can stretch my powders longer; but its a more concentrated solution than a regular tea rinse. Just choose your blend of powders ( I use amla, shikakai, fenugreek, & hibiscus), mix with a lil oil to emulsify and blend powders, then add just enough water to make "mud soup" :look: Saturate hair, root to tip, and wait 1 hour then rinse and DC! :yep:
Exactly, mine be more of a muddy paste because I only use 2 tsp of each powder mixed with hot water until its soupy that way I can apply it to my whole head and its just enough:yep:

Jetblackhair

Great information, thanks!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Thank you everyone!!

I really need a STRONG detangler for combing out AFTER getting out of the shower. It must be a moisturizing detangler. I'm still on the hunt. :nono:

shae101s

I have all 3 of these powders right now and I have never used them. How much of each of the powders did you use? Also, you just add them to water?

Hey..I used 1 tsp of the brahmi and shikakai and then 2tsp of the amla..then mixed with a cup each of hot and cold water..Then put it in the applicator bottle after straining..works lovely..