Micro BEAD Extensions

lp318lp

Hello Ladies! :wave:

My sister just told me about a new extension process called Micro Bead Extension (not to be confused with the ever so popular Microbraid). She told me about a girl at her church who is doing this now, and this girl states that this type of hairstyle is very expensive (I've researched and found that it can cost up to $1200!! :blush:)

My question is: Has anyone ever tried this style? If so, what did you notice? Was there any problem like with the infamous microBRAID? Or did it just take long to remove like the aforementioned?

Just curious because no that my hair has grown considerably - many thanks to the wonderful ladies of this forum - I'm thinking about saving money to have this style done. I read that it can last a little over 3 months...

Let's see what you all think...

Thanks!

me~:rolleyes:

HoneyDew

I have not had these, but I have heard of them. I think they are also called micro link.

I am against them. #1 expensive and #2 not protective. Your hair is pretty much out so you have to possibly use heat to make it combine in.

I think those are good if someone just wants length. But as a protective style for retaining length like sew-in weaves and wigs, no.

You could spend that much over time on sew-ins and retain much more length in the process.

AsTheCurlzTurns

supermodelsonya

Ive seen this done and considered it for a while. I found a lady on craigslist that did them for $300. While it looks okay, you have to be careful on how you part the hair because sometimes, especially in the front, those "links" will show.

Because she takes some "pliers" and clamps the weave onto your hair, it's weighed down. LIke someone else said, its good for like a wedding or something like that but as a protective style? NO!

Sew ins are much better for retaining length. If you look at my pikistrips in my siggy, you can see that I've gotten as far as I have with sew in's. I think you should reconsider. $1200 can pay for a whole lot of sew-ins and quality hair.

yuriko

Those little beads or metal links stress your hair quite close to the root. My friend had them, and she lost a lot of hair. And depending on how its done, the beads are usually quite visible if you wear your hair up, part it the wrong way etc

lp318lp

Y'all are really helping a sister out! And literally, I mean MY SISTER! :grin:

I have to tell her the cons of this process. She and I were truly considering it, but if all our efforts are going to be for not, then... fuhgetaboutit!

I can use my li'l ole $1200 on many things, but hair breakage is not one of them.

me~:rolleyes:

Mook's hair

I have a friend with natural 3B hair who had the Fusion weave. The hair was attached with a substance that was kind of waxy. It looked very good and did not cause any damage to her hair. She lives in Laurel MAryland. She did not pay that much for it though, I think she paid 600 or 700$. The down side of it was that it was not protective and required a lot of maintenence. and when the air was high in humidity, and shrinkage arrived. The textures were very visibly different.