Traycee went from apl to wsl in 10mths.. anyone else?

Fine 4s

:sneakyhug:Another shortie! I always claim 5' but I am really 4' 11".

I wish I had progress like yours. I joined in 06' and I was a little passed SL. Now am at full BSL and hoping the by the end of this month when I relax I will be at MBL.

I don't use any growth aids but I am really think about it now.

Xavier,
When are we gettting your June updates!!!!

MissYocairis

we are in the same boat. its taken me a year to get from armpit to brastrap (and my hair is not even full at that - lol). Im hoping to be midback by end of 2009. maybe i need to start eating more fish....:ohwell:

Your hair is beautiful. And, looking at your siggy pic, you wear your brastrap low. I wear mine like that too. Some ladies' brastrap falls higher than that and, with your length, would already consider themselves to be MBL. And, your waist is not too far off. I think you'll be at MBL before you know it. :yep:

MagnoliaBelle

Traycee exerises 4-5 days a week and eats a diet of only fish. When I changed my diet I started growing over an inch a month. Most of us eat unhealthy (I know I used to). She doesn't eat any other form of meat now (check out her site). I eat fish mostly with a little chicken, vegetables and chlorella.

I love Traycee. She knows what you put inside reflects on your outside.

I do agree with the moisturizing constantly too!

Hi LD,
How much have you grown since you started incorporating the fish and chlorella into your diet?

Last edited:

Mystic

Hands down to all the ladies with growth rate of .5"-1". I barely even get 3" per year. This is irrespective of diet, exercise, great hair technique, whatever. Same growth consistently year round - sucks big times. (Pity party feeling).

Dove56

Long hair is long hair I don't care short or tall you are! I don't need any ratios or formulas to know what's long..lol. Tracyee you are gorgeous and I LOVE YOUR HAIR, it's beautiful!

Millahdoowop

It seems like height would make a difference, but plenty of short folks (ie. me) take forever to get to the next milestone. Some people are able to grow and retain length better. Most times they have their regimen down pat.

luckiestdestiny

Hi LD,
How much have you grown since you started incorporating the fish and chlorella into your diet?

Hi! I incorporated the fish in my diet in late Sept along with many vegetables, and nettle tea; and the chl in the end of Jan almost Feb. I went from just above bra strap to MBl by Dec. My mouth dropped when I measured. You have no idea how many times I remeasured becausse I was just in disbelief. I'm 5'4 3/4 to be exact.

Wish I could tell you about now but I haven't straightened since Dec. I know my hair grows a lot because when I braid it up, I constantly have to redo it. In addition the braids are a lot longer. I know I'm getting the same growth because of the length of my bangs. Everytime I cut them they're back well over an inch longer the next moth, and I lop them off again. My hair does sometimes grow less, though, but at the least it's been like .75 inch a month on a slow month. I say who cares because that is still waay more than it was when I was eating big macs, taco bell, and other horrible processed stuff all the time. It was at 1/4. I think pure food and exercise will only help your hair grow at its OPTIMAL level. But I think that level is way more than we might normally think it is.

I will be cutting out some pesky layers but I will do a reveal probably in Oct documenting everything. From my buzz cut to now(Including if I cut it I'll show and measure those pieces :rolleyes: I know how specific we are here at lhfcf:grin:)I wanted to stay braided up until after the summer.

Proper nutrition really helped a lot. I notice it grows faster also when I am more consistent with exercise.

Lioness

I hardly ever post, but had to, as Traycee's progress is simply admirable.
She is the classic example of what happens when you eat the foods your body is supposed to have for optimal health, excercise regularly, and actually retain that accumulation of length. Robin the hair lady who went from SL to WL in two years also advocates the proven theory that you are what you eat. Healthy hair is made of strong proteins, so by eating good quality proteins (i.e fish/soy/tofu etc) the hair will relflect this.

Me- I am sooooo going back to my low fat high protein diet... back to fish, eggs, protein shakes, multi vitamin etc.

Traycee

She is the classic example of what happens when you eat the foods your body is supposed to have for optimal health, excercise regularly, and actually retain that accumulation of length. Robin the hair lady who went from SL to WL in two years also advocates the proven theory that you are what you eat. Healthy hair is made of strong proteins, so by eating good quality proteins (i.e fish/soy/tofu etc) the hair will relflect this.

Me- I am sooooo going back to my low fat high protein diet... back to fish, eggs, protein shakes, multi vitamin etc.

I get so excited when I hear someone is changing their diet...PM me if you would like meal suggestions...

Nice Lady

I absolutely agree with that. Tracyee, has emphasized that she exercises and takes care of her body. It is so inspirational and the sista is on point. I am younger than her and I don't have it together the way I should. In addition, I have never had kids.

When I was in college, prior to my HJ, I would exercise 2 hours a day, eat plenty of salads, raw veggies, fruits and stay away from fast foods and my hair grew like weeds. My hairdressers kept asking me what I was doing and I didn't know. It was until I did a Daniel fast that I made an association between foods and hair growth. I still didn't know the right techniques to retain this tremendous level of growth.

Maybe that is a reason why other races have longer hair too in addition to not having as fragile hair. They watch what goes into their body and exercise is essential to them.

bedazzled

Long hair is long hair I don't care short or tall you are! I don't need any ratios or formulas to know what's long..lol. Tracyee you are gorgeous and I LOVE YOUR HAIR, it's beautiful!

You're sooo right.
But still Traycee's progress is bananas. I think its wonderful what lengths shes achieved in such a short amount of time. I'm aiming for half of that and not sure I will make it.

Traycee

Maybe one of the ladies that have a little more time on their hands than I do... Should start a challenge that consist of diet and excercise for growth ...I used to be a member of spark people and checking in and telling what I ate that day and reporting my work out helped me stay motivated in those beginning stages..

SimpleKomplexity

I'm 4'4 so my hair should touch the friggin floor by now LOL. But I do have a normal torso and short legs cuz of the fractures *tear* so....It's takin me awhile, but I'ma get there!

Filmatic

I believe it is health and a simple regimen. Traycee inspired me to keep my regimen simple. I then started the Fat Smash last year and my hair went from chewed of SL to BSB(where I measure)/BSL in 11 months.

Some of fast hair growth is due to genetics but when I eat right I can see the full benefits of this.

Dove56

You're sooo right.
But still Traycee's progress is bananas. I think its wonderful what lengths shes achieved in such a short amount of time. I'm aiming for half of that and not sure I will make it.

That's my point. No matter the height the progress is amazing.

CurlyMoo

Honestly I havent taken my Vitamins in probably a month :nono:...But I take Womans Vitamin, MSM, Biotin, Omega's and Fish Oil. Vitamins B's, and Vitamin C

Thank you for mentioning this. I grew my hair from shoulder length to BSB in 6 months and I attribute that to me taking a combination of fish oil, Biotin and Mega-tek. I was also taking a multi-vitamin, vitamin C, Zinc, and Iron. I was taking a handful of vitamins a day. I was not exercising unless you could walking to the kitchen and bathroom. :look: I exercise now 2-3x a week and will be increasing to 4-5x. I tend to do more exercise during the summer months since I love to exercise outdoors; and that's when I usually have significant growth.

ETA: During my 6 month growth I was eating fish and 2 servings of veggies to meat.

Last edited:

Janet'

Traycee is definitely one of my hairspirations...I had no idea about her dieting processes, that makes me appreciate her even more! Go Girl!

belldandy

I hope so. If I can make claim wl in October...that would be 10 months apl to wl. but I highly doubt it i have a little less than 4 inches to go. i am really frustrated with my hair right now bc it is shedding a lot :( that would be great b/c that was my personal goal anyway, in time for my bday. No too people are alike!

Lynnerie

I'm inspired by Traycee's regimen and diet. I'm definitely going to be more healthy and start exercising consistently- not just because I want hair growth but its what we all need to be doing for our health.

bebezazueta

Gorgeous Hair and Awesome Progress and Retention Traycee!

My APL to WSL is 7 or 8 inches. I'm 5 ft 3 in and have more legs and butt than anything else. LOL!

I am an inch away from APL and will document and countdown my journey to WL! Can't wait! I plan to make it by next year on my 34th bday, July 15, 2011! Thanks for all of the inspiration, encouragement and knowledge.

We are in this together! I'm off to eat my grilled salmon lunch! Yummy!