What do u recommend as a Light to Medium Protein treatment for relaxed hair?

Best Light-Medium Protein Treatment for Relaxed Hair

• Aubreys GPB Conditioner

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor

Votes: 79 64.2%
  • Dudley Hair Rebuilder

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Joico Kpak Reconstructor

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Lekair Cholesterol

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Motions CPR Protein

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • Nexxus Keraphix

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • ORS mayo

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Roux Mendex / Moisture Recovery Protein packs

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Softsheen Duo tex

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Aggie

Thanks for the list Miss Aggie. Which one of these work best for u or are your favs.

Believe it or not but my hair does not like the ORS replenishing pak but the others are fine. My fave are Duo Tek and Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor. But I still do like all of them except the ORS RP.

MD_Lady

I chose ORS Hair Mayo. :yep:

Even though it's not on the list, I'd recommend Paul Mitchell's Hair Repair Treatment as well. :up:

sqzbly1908

Most of the products are going to be the same. I have a ton of protein products so here are some of my favorites

Aubreys GPB
Vitale Foaming protein conditioner
Softsheen duo tex
Paul mitchell super strong treatment or the hair repair
TIGI dumb blond reconstructor
Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
ION reconstructor
ORS mayo
Dudleys hair rebuilder
Elasta qp breakage control serum
Joico kpak reconstructor

Just piggybacking off of GF and adding

Nexxus Keraphix

talata

Believe it or not but my hair does not like the ORS replenishing pak but the others are fine. My fave are Duo Tek and Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor. But I still do like all of them except the ORS RP.

Thanks Ma'am. Just saw the Duo Tex on beautyofnewyork.com for a steal - $4.99 for a 33oz bottle. I'll probably add it to my wishlist. Her comes the PJ in moi.

Aggie

Thanks Ma'am. Just saw the Duo Tex on beautyofnewyork.com for a steal - $4.99 for a 33oz bottle. I'll probably add it to my wishlist. Her comes the PJ in moi.

That is a good price, even better than Sally's I think.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Used the Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructer last night...and GREAT PRODUCT.. I was skeptical at first because I have tried the Aphogee line in the past and my hair didn't agree. I really like the results. I have Nexxus Keraphix and Lekair and they both don't compare.

talata

Well, I currently have the Aubreys GPB, Aphogee 2 Min, and Motions CPR in my stash. Going to try the GPB this weekend. Will keep u guys posted on the results.

What's the best way u recommend to use it? Is it a must to use a moisturizing DC after or do I do the Moisturizing DC before the protein?

So far I'be been alternating between protein and moisture on a weekly basis... but I find that mu hair is too mushy on the moisture weeks and kinda dry on the protein weeks.

Last edited:

talata

I've been using the Aphogee 2 min. - since it seems to be the most popular - for the last 3 weeks. And I loooove the way my hair is behaving. My hair is no longer as limb and mushy as it's always been. And in this last week, I have actually been picking and inspecting almost every single hair that gets caught in my comb and I'm happy to say, 8 times out of 10, I'm only finding shed hairs. Almost noooo breakage - which is a first for me.

I'll keep using it for a couple of weeks more to see how it goes. My hair is at a 7 right now.

I am using the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Musk with heat for 20 mins and washing before putting on the aphogee for 5 mins. Then I rollerset.

baddison

natural for good
Aubrey Organics BGA Protein + Strengthening Cream Rinse :lick:

and also

Aubry Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Mask:lick:

Yup.:yep:..I didn't know the benefits of BGA, 'til I did some research. This is what AO says:
There's no better conditioner for the hair than protein. And there's no better source of vegetable protein than blue green algae, made up of over 50% utilizable protein, all the major amino acids and a long list of vitamins and minerals.

FluffyRed

How about take any strong protein and mix it half and half with a moisture con.

I'm sick of being a PJ

I am buying no more new products until I use the 20 liters I got!!! :giggle:

India*32

My hair Loves Nexxus Emergencee. Does not turn my hair hard, however, my hair is so much stronger. No breakage. Love it.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
On the Lighter side, I'd go with the ORS Replenishing Pack Medium: I'd pick the Joico K-Pakor the AO GPB. More on the heavier side, I'd pick Nexus Emergencee w/heat no cap. There are many, many others tho'

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I voted for Motions CPR Protein and LeKair Cholesterol. This one isn't on your poll, but Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum is a good light/medium protein treatment.

Barbie83

I realllllly like Ion Reconstructor. It has a shampoo-ey, foamy consistency that makes it super easy to spread thru ur hair and cover every strand. Try a sample packet from sally's you'll love it :yep:

Dove has a new 0ne its.. Dove Advanced Care Intense Damage Therapy Conditioner for Accumulated Damage with Repairing Serum.. its under $5 and im gonna try it asap bec I need a protein co-wash bec I already use Aphogee 2min.. im excited =)*

Dijah

I voted for 2 minute, but I think I am going to change to Roux Mendex because I love how my hair feels after it.

Though the Aphogee 2 minute is good and does the job I feel my hair is more brittle when using it.

The last 3 washes I have used Mendex, it left my hair more pliable.