ORS Edge Control - You Like?

magviv

My sister purchased the ORS Smooth-n-Hold Pudding recently and it came with a small sample of ORS Edge Control which she promptly gave to me. I love it!:grin::grin::grin: It's clear and a bit stiffer than the Long Aid K7 gel that I use to smooth down the rest of my hair when I wear protective styles. It really does make my edges stay flat throughout the day. That's quite an accomplishment for my 14 week post hair!

I contacted the company and finally received a reply that the full size version of this product should be available in stores in late February or early March! Has anyone else tried this product and if so, what was your verdict?

Mzz Mac

OMG - I thought I was the only one in love with that stuff! I even wrote them to ask if they can sell me a full size jar too. They wrote me back telling me the same thing. I have been looking for it ever since. I love the ingredients and it has such a great hold to it! It sort of reminds me of "Elasta QP Glaze" but better. Later on in the day when I rub my edges they feel really silky smooth and I have no problems combing through it later on at night when applying oil to my scalp.
I actually only bought the smooth-n-hold pudding so that I could try the Edge Control.

My verdict is: I love it!

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
My sister purchased the ORS Smooth-n-Hold Pudding recently and it came with a small sample of ORS Edge Control which she promptly gave to me. I love it!:grin::grin::grin: It's clear and a bit stiffer than the Long Aid K7 gel that I use to smooth down the rest of my hair when I wear protective styles. It really does make my edges stay flat throughout the day. That's quite an accomplishment for my 14 week post hair!

I contacted the company and finally received a reply that the full size version of this product should be available in stores in late February or early March! Has anyone else tried this product and if so, what was your verdict?

Exactly, I purchased the same thing in my local BSS and they had the sample of it. I would have to say that I really do LIKE THE PRODUCT and plan on buying a full-size version if available. I loved that it was clear and stiffer but didn't gonk up my hair - it instead blended and smoothed down mischiefs hairs perfectly! Definately worth a try! :grin:

krikit96

OMG I am so pissed that the ORS Pudding I bought didn't have the Edge Control attached! I bought it to see if it would lay my edges down, so I guess the answer is no. I haven't tried it yet... Any reviews for the pudding? Is it gonna make my hair curly? That is NOT the look I was going for...

asubeauty

Has anyone found this? I've been looking in stores since it's available online and still haven't found it. :-(

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I just saw the full sized jar of this and the pudding at the BSS near my house the other day. I like both products on my daughters hair.

KSand

Bought it but have not tried it yet.

AQUA (WATER), CETERETH-25, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-7 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, GLYCERIN, COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZYL BENZOATE, CITRONELLOL, D-LIMONENE, EUGENOL, GERANIOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LILIAL, LINALOOL, METHYL IONONE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN.

sithembile

I bought it to smooth my edges, I'm 12 months post. I must say that it does a good job when I apply it but a couple of hours later my edges are bushy again. Maybe it's my technique, I've been using it on dry hair.

Mzz Mac

I wet my edges with my hands, put some on, brush in a swirl and put my silk scarf on for a little bit and it seems to last me the whole day!
It is my official go to product when I'm 10 or more weeks post relaxer!

I just saw this in Boots today, and decided to purchase it, as I need something to smooth my edges. It's evening right now so I won't try it till tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's good; my 10 months post hair needs some serious taming :grin:

mzsophisticated26

yes I love it. I brought it a few wks ago. I love the fact that it does not wet your edges and smoothes them instantly on contact. However I have noticed a slight build up when applying it over a few days but its not a problem since I wash weekly.

Wow... I forgot about this thread... Thanks for posting the ingredients KSand. I finally saw it in a store recently (Boots) and purchased it. I tried it but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.... It makes my hair look like it has something in it unlike regular gel... Maybe I'm applying too much or something. Is there a specific technique for application?

Magnolia85

I like it but you have to be careful not to put too much in one spot because it will flake. I also noticed that it will not do good on not freshly washed hair.

The smooth and hold pudding is much better IMO.

yodie

I knew I had a winner when I first tried it, but soon after it turned a whitish color. It looked like a pile of build up on my edges. Why?

*closer*2*my*dreams*

BUMPING...

I tried this pre-bc and HATED it... it did lay my edges down, the next morning my hair was as dry as the sahara....

The packaging said no mineral oil, I think that's false... My hair reacts like that when I use products with mineral oil, I'm convinced there's something "Mineral oily" about it...