Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Wow! Amazing! How often do you apply?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks! I apply once every day in a mix of WGHO and apricot oil and a few drops of peppermint. Was thinking of changing my mix but its working so well and my first batch was about 2.5 oz total with 1.0 being MN and I still have some.

I'm going to use 2% MN straight from today until I wash again bc I don't want the excess oil on my flat ironed hair.

Last edited:

Mjon912

:crybaby:I want back in...I need you guys...seriously tho, when I was in this challenge and others I stayed on top of my hair care, I guess because I have y'all to talk to about it, in real life my friends just look at me like :drunk: this chick has lost her mind... I told my best friend I'm on a mission to WL through ps and she was just like oh ok :ohwell:next subject... I need people who are excited about healthy hair care so I can be too!
I'll do my best to check every time I apply even if its at crazy times like 3am when most normal people are drooling blissfully into their pillows, promise, I'll even do an introduction again just let me in before I go bald...please and thank you:grin:

Hey Ladies! I know I'm super late, but I'm hoping you will let me in since check in day is tomorrow =) jprayze, let me know!

What is your current length? BSB

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I used it a little in the past, but I was so inconsistent with application and measuring, that I really can't say if it worked for me.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with coconut oil. That's about it.

What frequency will you apply it? Daily.

Any other growth aids that you are using? Nope.

Anything else you care to add? I'm currently wigging, so I hope that this in conjunction with protective styling will be just the boost I need!

Don't forget a starting pic! Here she goes:

jprayze

jprayze said:
Thanks! I apply once every day in a mix of WGHO and apricot oil and a few drops of peppermint. Was thinking of changing my mix but its working so well and my first batch was about 2.5 oz total with 1.0 being MN and I still have some.

I'm going to use 2% MN straight from today until I wash again bc I don't want the excess oil on my flat ironed hair.

Ended up not using any MN yesterday...fell asleep last night so I did it first thing in the morning. So today is my first day of using it straight. I will let you know when I stop.

DominicanBrazilian82

Mjon912 said:
:crybaby:I want back in...I need you guys...seriously tho, when I was in this challenge and others I stayed on top of my hair care, I guess because I have y'all to talk to about it, in real life my friends just look at me like :drunk: this chick has lost her mind... I told my best friend I'm on a mission to WL through ps and she was just like oh ok :ohwell:next subject... I need people who are excited about healthy hair care so I can be too!
I'll do my best to check every time I apply even if its at crazy times like 3am when most normal people are drooling blissfully into their pillows, promise, I'll even do an introduction again just let me in before I go bald...please and thank you:grin:

Girl if you look at my posts... 2:20am, 4:12am... Straight vampire life. Welcome Mama. And you are so right. My Mom, who is a lace front queen, would be on YT and websites looking at how to care for her hair. She talked me down about wigs! So when I started learning how to take care of my natural hair (via YT and this site), she acted like I was talking another language (Traitor). So I stick to y'all when I talk about hair. Everyone else looks at me like o_O

Mznelly

Mjon912 said:

Girl you know we are hair for you (see what I did there I know I'm clever) . I know your struggle my family think I'm crazy for washing my hair so frequently, for using sulfur and mn. I've gotten to point where I want to scream shut up and watch it grow! I'm a night owl so I'm alwayson here lurking.... I like this challenge better than my other, you guys actually respond to my crazy self on daily basis

NaturalfienD

Applying MN tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pix you ladies are sharing this week!!! I love being inspired!! :)

HHG!!!

freckledface

Question for yall that make a mix (I use it straight) how do you get it to mix with oil? I tried it once and it was a major fail. Just oil and chunky mn :(

Mznelly

freckledface said:
Question for yall that make a mix (I use it straight) how do you get it to mix with oil? I tried it once and it was a major fail. Just oil and chunky mn :(

MsJamerican said:
I would like to know the answer to this as well...

My way of doing it is mix it with a cream based before adding oil in this casing I mix it wit megatek and then add the oil and voila no clumps

jprayze

^^^There is some settling that goes on with my mix, but before I use it I shake it a couple of times. I think it helps it stay together a bit because I used a heavier weight oil WGHO in it.

jprayze

NaturalfienD said:
Applying MN tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pix you ladies are sharing this week!!! I love being inspired!! :)

HHG!!!

Yes we are ready for the pics!!! :)

Yes we are ready for the pics!!! :)

Yayyy pictures! I'm starting my regiment today, but have decided to use shea butter instead of coconut butter since it's already in my cabinet.

I re-braided and washed my hair last night (in that order... no tangles for me!) =)

ilong

God's Own
I would like to know the answer to this as well...

I add the MN to my water/conditioner mix (which is in plastic spray bottle)
I spray it on then apply my sulfur/ayurvedic oil mix.

Tip: I Add two marbles to my mixes. They help tremendously with the mixing - especially my sulfur mix as the sulfur settles at the bottom.

jprayze

[USER=306389 said:
ilong[/USER];17048153]I add the MN to my water/conditioner mix (which is in plastic spray bottle)

Tip: I Add two marbles to my mixes. They help tremendously with the mixing - especially my sulfur mix as the sulfur settles at the bottom.

Great idea!!!

Mjon912

DominicanBrazilian82 lol, im glad im not alone, im vampin almost everynight smh Mznelly I see you girl...I feel complete now :circle:=)

Checking in, washed my hair, let it air dry and applied my mix of MN 4%, doo Gro mega thick grease, sulfer8 grease, dr miracles Gro oil and hair trigger growth elixir:grin: I'm loving the cool feeling on my scalp... Maybe I will make my next goal by new years

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

I add the MN to my water/conditioner mix (which is in plastic spray bottle)

Girl boom!! Why didn't I think of that. That is brilliant! I am at work right now where we have all sorts of things to entertain kids with ... guess who's taking two marbles to the house?? ...

YEAH BUDDY!!!

ManiiSweetheart

Update posts from BSL 2k12 challenge!

***OMG The original leave in conditioner is currently the ish melted all my tangles away and my hair feels great! I'll review further when I unbraid my hair in the morning!
Todays schedule was :
Shampoo
DC with heated cap
Warm rinse
Scalp massage with MN mix
Pm leave in to length
And almond oil to ends
Flat twisted

My hair feels soooo good ! ***

***Getting better with M&Sing more often. tonight just to usually MN scalp massage, moisturizing with paul mitchell the conditioner and my hair still loove its ..but its only been 2 days so let me hush, and sealed with almond oil.***

freckledface

As soon as I get unlazy I'm gonna get to mixing. I don't know if I get better growth or not using it straight because I'm so on and off with it now. But I do know that it dries my new growth out so much more.

DominicanBrazilian82

freckledface said:
As soon as I get unlazy I'm gonna get to mixing. I don't know if I get better growth or not using it straight because I'm so on and off with it now. But I do know that it dries my new growth out so much more.

Girl I've been lazy these last few days myself. Last application was Wednesday. I will apply again in the am. Sulfur mix tonight.

ilong

God's Own
Girl boom!! Why didn't I think of that. That is brilliant! I am at work right now where we have all sorts of things to entertain kids with ... guess who's taking two marbles to the house?? ...

YEAH BUDDY!!!

Shame on you for rippin' off the little kids marbles all for a quest to achieve long, full, thick beautiful luxurious hair. :grin:

You should have taken 4.:lachen:

freckledface

Girl I've been lazy these last few days myself. Last application was Wednesday. I will apply again in the am. Sulfur mix tonight.

I've been using njoys sulfur mix too. Do u use it at the same time or alternate days? I put on the mn then the sulfur but I'm wondering if I'm getting the most outta these by using it that way

jprayze

ManiiSweetheart said:
Update posts from BSL 2k12 challenge!

***OMG The original leave in conditioner is currently the ish melted all my tangles away and my hair feels great! I'll review further when I unbraid my hair in the morning!
Todays schedule was :
Shampoo
DC with heated cap
Warm rinse
Scalp massage with MN mix
Pm leave in to length
And almond oil to ends
Flat twisted

My hair feels soooo good ! ***

***Getting better with M&Sing more often. tonight just to usually MN scalp massage, moisturizing with paul mitchell the conditioner and my hair still loove its ..but its only been 2 days so let me hush, and sealed with almond oil.***

Saw you over on BSL and was thinking she better give us a update too! Do you have any length check pics for us???

jprayze

Mjon912 said:
DominicanBrazilian82 lol, im glad im not alone, im vampin almost everynight smh Mznelly I see you girl...I feel complete now :circle:=)

Checking in, washed my hair, let it air dry and applied my mix of MN 4%, doo Gro mega thick grease, sulfer8 grease, dr miracles Gro oil and hair trigger growth elixir:grin: I'm loving the cool feeling on my scalp... Maybe I will make my next goal by new years

Mjon912 it's 3:01EST lol guess who's up??? That sounds like a powerful mix! Where did you get 4% and how often are you applying?

Amazing progress pics. I'm inspired.

Yesterday was my 1st day. I mixed with shea butter and split the product into 7 parts. I combined the 2% and the 4%. Note that the 4% was actually the little capsules... I had to crush them with a fork to get them mixed in. Plan to apply daily and co-wash 2x per week. Wish me luck!

From beginning of the challenge until today

View attachment 172249

Sept 27 to today

View attachment 172253

Mjon912

Mjon912 it's 3:01EST lol guess who's up??? That sounds like a powerful mix! Where did you get 4% and how often are you applying?

Lol, night owls!!!... I ordered it off amazon in the monistat3 day pre filled applicators. I try to apply it everyday but in reality it's more like 3-4 times a week